OOBE / Astral travel experiences

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

BlueHaze

OOBE / Astral travel experiences

I thought I'd start a topic where people can share their experiences.

The most interesting experience I've had so far is the one where I flew through space and returned, remaining conscious during the whole experience. It started with intent of having an astral travel experience. I remember being more of a spherical kind of entity without human form. The speed I traveled was something that I could have never imagined. The motion was spiraling, almost like bouncing motion. It reminded me of a dolphin swimming with joy. It seemed I was partly in control, mainly directing with my thought what I would like to see (I wanted to see an alien space craft), but in part it also seemed I was taking a ride and controlled by someone else (my higher self?)

I remember flying past green mist cloud or something at one point, next thing I remember was stopping at the most haunting, yet at the same time the most beautiful sight.

I remember the central sphere veiled in purple mist, which was more like opaque jewel, something like obsidian. Couldn't quite capture it in the picture here though. Not sure if it was a dead star, black hole or what. It didn't match any of my current beliefs based on imagery I've seen of celestial objects. It felt so mysterious and absorbing that I was just staring at it for awhile, as if it was a living entity in itself of indescribable immensity. The picture drawn here is just a crude attempt to catch the moment..

Later I also visited an alien space craft, or more like a complete space station floating in space. It was a triangle formation of three circular compartments. I remember still flying through it and being awestruck finding a complete city like complex with antigravity vehicles inside. I caught a glimpse of an alien operating one vehicle with red skin and sort of baleen where we have our mouth - another thing I definitely didn't expect (was expecting the typical textbook alien figures). However the gestures of operating the vehicle and general appearance were very much human like and I didn't feel scared at all. Then I got a sudden urge to go back, flying again at immense speed waking up directly after the experience ended.

When I got up from bed I was like "wow". :)

I haven't had another similar experience yet. However, I've had one OOBE where I go outside from my apartment (feeling the transition through the wall to cold air), one sleep paralysis (that started it all) and quite a few lucid dreams, more perhaps on those later..
Rasmus

Re: OOBE / Astral travel experiences

Well you got me WOWing too :clap: Awesome astral travel!

How often do you project?
For my own part I can astral travel almost every night for weeks, some weeks there are no activity whatsoever (that I remember).
But during experiences I just pop out of my body very easily, other times it's really hard. Since some weeks have a rich content of astral travel I tend to forget many of the experiences just as I forget dreams. Most of the experiences I have revolve just the local area where I live. My problem seem to be long distance travel and instant travel and remote viewing.
Perhaps you have some tips for long distance?

I am almost sure we travel more or less every night (just as the book states), it's just about being aware of it.
ronald

Try go to an ocean, get into some tropical clear water coastal waves and feel them roaring through you.
It's so electrical having the vibes excite you in some way :wink:

Water is very interesting since it is no more liquid besides you being no more solid.
BlueHaze

@Rasmus: I'm afraid I have no specific pointers for long distance travel. It seems as if my lack of skill might have been my biggest aid, and also my intent of having the experience while I was slowly falling to hypnagogic state.. after dwelling at that stage for some time I felt in control again and just literally launched from my body. It was a bit like the feeling you have when you suddenly wake up after falling, only this time in reverse..

I'm not sure if I could do it again, and judging what you tell I'm probably less experienced than you are when counting OOBE's. For some reason I always thought that I was allowed the experience by my higher self, rather than inducing it on my own. But at the same time it comes to mind that perhaps it's just that easy, and the biggest barriers are our own expectations... I mean questions like: how would I know where to go, when universe is so big etc. According to my experience, I would say that all it really takes is to think what you want to do and see where that will take you. Strong intent seems to be the key word here.

@ronald: Experiencing water when out of body sounds interesting, will have to add it to my long list of things to try out :)
BlueHaze

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/110 ... 5369v1.pdf

I found an interesting paper discussing the idea of looking for signs of asteroid mining as sign of ETI. I bumped into this at http://news.discovery.com/space/asterio ... 10401.html

At first I thought it was an April fools joke, but later I found there was an actual released scientific study behind the story and that one was not released on April fools day :)

Anyway how it relates to OOBEs is that I forgot to mention one minor detail from my experience, which after seeing this news is something that got me excited again. I must admit that due to my lack of training and not even wanting (not actually sure why) to have another such experience, the whole experience has drifted more and more from my mind to background and sometimes I even think it might have been just a very lucid dream..

However, the detail I'm talking about here was that the space station I described earlier in my story was in an asteroid field! The reason I originally left it unmentioned was that I thought it wasn't an important detail. I mean why would anyone want to be in an asteroid field, and with such a huge construction capable of having a complete city with transportation networks inside. Originally I pondered a couple of things: at first I thought that perhaps it could be a good place to hide, but on other hand how about the risk of impact, and why would anyone want to live inside an asteroid field? Well I think I got one possible answer now - perhaps it was indeed some sort of mining factory.

One thing is certain - if such an alien race exists, their technological development is miles ahead of us. Of spiritual advancement I have no idea about, although I have to say my original impression was that they would have to be highly materialistic to build something like that. Come to think of it, it kind of reminds me of the Iargan contact, an amphibian race and technological achievements that seem almost insane when you witness the magnitude (to clarify, I had the experience before I read about the Iargan contact, which made Stefan Denaerde's story even more interesting when I read it)...

I know this serves as little a proof for anyone else (I mean how could it convince anyone, considering the fact that I didn't even mention this in the original description), but I guess it could be proof for myself about the possible validity of the experience. Who knows, perhaps my higher self even orchestrated this experience for me to verify later. Now I guess the final nail in the coffin would be if I one day saw a telescope image of the "dark star" :)

Anyway, not exactly sure why I even wrote this here, I guess I just wanted to share my insight :alien:
Rijzerlo

I really enjoy learning about other people's experiences with OBE.

I myself haven't quite gotten there yet (to my greatest regret) conscious I never get further than numb arms and legs and a heavy feeling, like I'm sinking a little bit. In the past I once was able to shift a little bit, but it wasn't vibrations, I was sort of pulled towards one side.

I also had a dream (not consciously knowing, but when I woke up) I found myself in a building and the next moment being pulled towards home by a long cord.

It is hard for me to reach the point of conscious silence of the mind, I always fall asleep when trying. I always loose consciousness, even sort of know when I loose it, but I'm not able to prevent it.

It's a shame, I really would like to discover the Universe first-hand
BlueHaze

It's probably good to have some task at mind when you are falling asleep, like something you have to most certainly do. I've only had two successful experiences so far, and both times I was determined to do something. It's as if I can't just do it for sheer fun of it, not at least at my current level.. Not sure but that is the only logical explanation I've come up so far..

My first full experience was kind of silly. My wife was sick and throwing up from a migraine all through the night and I was determined to find out what was causing those constant headaches (without slightest idea how, but I thought I must try something). Interestingly enough soon after falling asleep I would feel myself gliding out of my bed to a corner in the bedroom. There instead of exploring the room my curiosity won and I would glide outside through the wall and feel the transition through the cement wall to cool morning breeze. I decided to go to my favorite spot at the hill top to see the view. I noticed moving was a bit difficult and I felt very heavy. I kind of just barely floated at the ground level. I somehow sensed that my time was limited because of the constant pressing heavy feeling so I thought I'd just take a short look and go back (I had already forgot my original task at this point and was just left to experiment). I noticed a few other challenges of moving, stopping for example would leave me moving for a bit so I grabbed a tree to stop myself. Not exactly sure how I grabbed it though as overall I again felt more of a spherical thing than a human form. When I finally looked at the scene from the hill top it was as I had always remembered it. Then I decided to look up at the sky and was like WTF! the ground would just continue up and up.. as if the whole place was warped. With that I lost my last hope to even try to fly. Feeling powerless I decided to go back. I remember gliding back to bed and trying to set to wake up. Here I had another surprise. During the transition period I would see a person appearing from darkness, a kind of nasty looking fellow with painted face and long hair (something like heather ledger as joker would be quite close I believe). I didn't like the look of him so I firmly told him to go away, and finally silently he would go away. After that I woke up. I asked my wife how she was and she was already feeling better..

The nasty looking fellow visited my dream later when I was angry at a certain relative of mine. In my dream the nasty fellow would come to my help and pick on my relative and I noticed that I would get angry to him instead and defend my relative from him.. So not sure, perhaps in the end it's my dark side I've seen.. perhaps it was a hint that I had also caused my wives migraines with my own actions somehow, although she always claimed it was just work related.

I'd also like to clarify that I only saw this fellow in the dream transition period, never during the actual oobe..

One thing I was always left wondering was the warping surroundings thing.. One possible explanation is the higher dimensions we are dealing with that perhaps warped the surroundings somehow.. anyway I think that is probably beyond my current understanding. All I know is that if any of these experiences have been just mere dreams, they have been unlike anything else I've ever experienced before.. :)
Rezo

very interesting account, thank you for sharing. thats amazing she felt better w/waking up. i suppose the shadow being was a mirror for you in some way. you got an impression though that it was a part of you though, correct?

ive not astrally travelled in quite a while, actually [at least not that i can recall]. ive had semi-lucid dreams here and there, and usually am quite good at remembering and logging dreams that seem important. i only know when i lived in the southwestern us i had probably way more astral travel dreams and very vivid ones at that, compared to now. i know, i shouldn't compare. any time i am about to project i feel this sort of block i cant get past, its probably my own fear [fear can be irrational, or, rational, but with the unknown, it can be a mix, so actually id like to find a class where others in groups actually do this]. anyway thats all for now.
BlueHaze

It is my interpretation yes, who knows what it actually was though, but it was interesting that I found it later in another dream so I figured perhaps it tried to teach me something. and to be honest it did, no matter what the origin. I also haven't seen it after these two accounts anymore..

As for the feeling better part, it might be just a coincidence, I have no way to know for sure.. I actually thought of tidying the story up a bit but still chose to mention the whole thing as it was my original motive to trigger the experience, however weird it may sound.

Also funny you mention about a block, I've had one for some time too now. For some reason I think I felt I had enough since it seemed the more you dig the weirder things will get :o However, hopefully I will get at it soon again. I think the main reason for delaying was that I subconsciously felt I had some things I needed to deal in my life first before proceeding.. I like to think of it as follows: if you can't handle the challenges of everyday life, how can you expect to face the unknown..?
Rezo

mmm, yes. challenges ... like cycles I suppose, we learn here, and when ready, we learn there, and they feed back somehow.hmm.
bomohwkl

Having a nap and conscious inside the dream.This occurred when i noticed words on the street made no sense, I looked at the night sky...it looked strange,

I then having out of body experience and i made a request with my higher-self that i would like to see my recently deceased beloved friend with higher-self protection .Suddenly i sense a surge of energy. Two red dots appeared in my dark vision. No idea what was it. Suddenly I felt that I was lying in my bed feeling paralyzed. He appeared in front of me sitting on on top me with his characteristics of his lips. I smiled at him and told him i will always love him............Too happy seeing him, i woke up....
BlueHaze

Thanks for sharing your experience Bomohwkl.

Hmm.. it seems quite often that these experiences follow similar pattern. Also like you've done here I think it's important that if something seems strange better give full account than tidy it up, it makes it easier to identify different transition processes to these experiences, whatever they are..

I've noticed one interesting addition looking back to my experiences which I believe I didn't mention fully here yet (actually remembered this when I wrote about it in a private conversation a couple of days ago). Usually if I completely woke up from a lucid dream and then tried to drift back to sleep trying to cling to my consciousness, it was much easier for me to do a planned experience which started and ended when I wanted. If I now try to do this the first time I go to sleep it never works, also if I wake up in a lucid dream and try to control from there I am usually too disoriented and can easily wake up or even drift back to unconscious sleep. Might have to try this the next time I have the chance again..

Anyway, I've only had two such experiences and both are described here, so actually this is not much of an waterproof analyze yet, but hopefully there is some help of this minor detail.. I've never yet to have an OOBE from meditation either, which may give even a different level experience, however I am not that good with meditation yet.

PS. I also described my very first experience in another topic on this forum so might add it here as well, it was a bit different though, and thus I don't connect it with other experiences. It was more like an accident. I can't actually remember how it started anymore, was it a normal dream or lucid dream, but I woke up and noticed everything looked perfectly normal, however I couldn't move (!). Then I heard the doorbell ringing twice and my mind started to race and I got into a panic. Then I saw a ghostlike form gliding at me and at the same time felt very strong vibrations. When it entered me I felt a jolt and was awake again, and I thought/felt that I was literally woke up from dead.. I know some people might just say that I was having a nightmare, however it felt so real to me that It was my true awakening to the possibility that out of body experiences might actually be real, I was always doubtful before this happened. I was very frightened and it took several months before I even started to look more into it..
bomohwkl

actually when u have OBE, u know it is OBE..there is no feeling of doubt....statistically, i have one OBE almost every month
Rijzerlo

This experience you mention last I've encountered a few times as well. Though mine always come from meditational ways. For some reason I feel my spiritual energy is much stronger noticeable when going to sleep (perhaps it is because of the contrast of experiences in daytime and the rest at night). I live in the countryside so the nights are very quiet.

As it happens, I had a similar experience last night. Sometimes I just feel when I can meditate more easily and without any trouble I was able to shift my focus from my physical body into my spiritual. I felt heavy (indeed totally numb, but I learned not to fear that) but I usually do not get further than that. Last night however I experienced the so-called rocking of the body. It was like I was on a boat and this rocking made me quite anxious. Not afraid since I knew this was supposed to happen, it just felt really unusual and strange. I couldn't keep concentration and slowly but surely fell out of this state and back to my physical self. It took me about 30 seconds to be able to move again, but that feeling is so familiar now, it doesn't startle me at all.

This is only the second time I was able to get so close to an OOBE, and this time was much stronger than last time. I feel like I'm almost there.

What you describe is similar Bluehaze, but I think you were indeed half asleep. You're mind was half awake and therefore able to induce certain scenario's which could frighten you, something you create yourself out of your own fear for the unknown. It is pretty common, but absolutely scary when first encountered!
BlueHaze

@bomohwkl Wow, that's a lot more than I've had :) I also agree that there is a noticeable difference between OOBE and lucid dreams for example, never meant to claim otherwise.

@Rijzerlo Interesting you mention the rocking motion. I think I've experienced something like it too a few times, just as a side note, haven't really got that far through meditation route yet.. I'd be glad to hear if you make any progress with this, do you get any other sensations besides the rocking motion?

About my earlier experience, what I actually believe that for some reason, freak accident perhaps, my physical mind was woken in my physical body before my astral body returned (I've read later on about how this could happen, check for example explanation for mind split effect from robert bruces work). So it might actually be that what I saw was my astral body returning.. that's is the only rational explanation I can think of so far. The other is the usual "I had a nightmare"-one, but for some reason the impact the experience left on me was so deep that even the rational me could never accept that explanation..

PS. I understand the uneasiness and questions, even fear, this might arise in some people, so I stress that this is purely theoretical, but a possibility nevertheless. Is it possible that the thinking "me" is nothing more than a memory bank in a physical body..? I do consider it a possibility, yes.

I understand that this might seem a bit weird or off the hat conclusion based on my explanation, however what I can't quite sum up here (if even possible) is the thoughts I had, the feelings or sensations I had during the experience etc, that made me come to this conclusion.