anyone working on a fun project?

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

avelino

anyone working on a fun project?

just wondering if anyone else is working on or have finished a project that they would like to share. it could be any size, a piece of art, architectural, or a non tangible project? im just curious to see what people who have found this forum might be up to. :-k

here is a picture of what im working on and it should be finished soon...
papaya fruit is my favorite and i dont have the ideal climate for them where i live so i thought id build a small green house to see my small papapya trees through the cold. i have read some positive things about growing plants in a pyramid structure so i decided to use the pyramid shape and build in a cost efficient way since its kind of just an experiment. it has actually been a lot of fun to build!
Latya

Re: anyone working on a fun project?

I was really interested to see you doing that project - for several weeks I have been wondering about building some sort of pyramidal meditation structure! :pharaoh:
I have started to grow sweet peppers indoors, just using seeds from a supermarket sweet pepper - there are rose bushes out the front so they have been susceptible to aphids, but there are four little walnut sized peppers still growing!
Over the summer, I have also been really driven to complete projects from my past - poetry, writing, books - was your pyramid greenhouse like that or was it a new idea?
ptex

How's your project going Avelino? Any results already?
Can you please share a little about the details of your pyramid (sizes, materials, orientation, etc.)?
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
avelino

Latya- i had been interested in pyramid structures for a while but never thought to make one until towards the end of last year and pretty much started it once i got the idea. its been a while since you posted your question, sorry for delayed reply. have you tried building your own pyramid or followed through on any of your unfinished projects? how did growing seeds from the store bought peppers go? my dad also tried taking the seeds from store bought peppers and didnt have much success. his plant hasnt produced much and the few peppers that were produced looked of low quality and deformed even. i believe it is because most vegetables that are found in grocery stores are of hybrid varieties. and from what i have learned recently, planting certain types of hybrid seeds arent reliable to produce the same quality vegetable as from which they came. i have just started learning about gardening and it seems "heirloom" seeds are the way to go, both for superior taste and for consistency in quality every season of planting and saving the seeds.

Ptex- so far i dont really how much to report on regarding the effectiveness of my pyramid. i think it would be best to wait until my plants have produced some fruits/vegetables before making any conclusions. however, i have observed that the weeds growing in my pyramid have much larger leaves and stem when compared to the same type weed growing directly outside the pyramid-interestingly while having the same size flowers. as for the construction, i tried my best to mimic the proportions of the Great Pyramid in Egypt. my pyramid doesnt have 8 faces(9 if you count the bottom) like the Great Pyramid but the slopes should be about the same at 51 degrees. the height is just under 4 ft. the frame is made from circular cuts of wood and i used plastic for the shell(walls). i used some copper wire throughout the pyramid to help keep its shape. it has a soil/dirt floor which i leveled and the orientation is aligned with true north. i probably should have just made the floor wood and may change it later. i did plan to arrange some copper to form a sort of cap stone but never did. i dont really have much experience with building or construction so i stuck with the cheapest materials and a small scale since this was all mainly done out of curiosity and for fun.
ptex

Hi Avelino,

Thanks for your reply!

Very interesting!! I believe we can make a very interesting set of experiments using Pyramids with different types of materials.

Sometime ago I purchased a copper-tube pyramid. I remember then I had a small freshwater fish who was sick and he was almost with his belly up - a clear indicator that something wasn't very well with it.
At night I placed the fish under the pyramid (aligned to the magnetic North) and on the next day it was happily swimming again, almost frantically. I was very surprised with this as it was a clear contrast with its previous condition. The fish lasted a couple of days more: I later learned that overfeeding fish is quite hazardous to their health... :oops: well... not only fish actually :lol:

As you mentioned the shape, size and orientation are paramount! I'm still not sure which magnetic or true north works best... there are sources defending contradictory results so maybe experimenting will tell which :)
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
avelino

nice story about your fish! :) i had fish when i was little and i dont ever remember any of my fish making any similar recoveries so it sounds like your pyramid helped indeed. the great pyramid in giza is said to be nearly perfectly oriented with true north and according to the info provided in TP the giza pyramid was built in the same way but on a smaller scale as the pyramid in Mu so thats why i chose true north. however, i did also read alignment with magnetic north will also work. what do you use your pyramid for? some people use pyramids to meditate in, i wonder if it would help much. i havent started a meditation practice yet but intend to soon.
ptex

I'm presently not using the pyramid at all. First as I said it's made only of copper tubes (without walls) with screws, so it comes very easily out of shape (although I try my best to adjust its shape to the right one).
Before I tried to use it for meditation but results are not conclusive except that it's very inconvenient to meditate or do something with a pyramid structure on top of your head :lol: My best and practically only clear result was that of the fish. I tried it with a hedgehog but result apparently was not the same (African Pygmy hedgehogs are very sensible when it comes to air temperature).

Regarding meditation, absolutely! Choose the method / teacher wisely, don't fall for the hype that this or that is best. My personal advice is to search one with a continuous line of enlightened Masters, who charge nothing or little for teaching the method. There is at least one method like that, but it usually comes "packed" with a lot of Indian Spiritual Folklore, which may be hard to get along for some Westerners like myself. But when you decide to go for a method, it's very important to persevere everyday in your practice! This will make all the difference towards a successful meditation practice and you'll be able to reap all the benefits from its wonderful practice!
~William Wordsworth
Rezo

in the past several weeks, I have placed 9 bamboo poles which fell from a storm 2 months ago; I cut off the leaves and set them aside. Then after the last frost, I put them into the ground around my raised-bed vegetable garden, to make a pyramid shape, with a central pole going vertically, and 4 side beams to support [its rectangular base, so not a square base].

in actuality it did not take long - it was quite fast. just 9 hours! :lol:

put cable ties to fasten the joints, and rocks at base of each pole. hoping it will stay in place. if so, i may use solexx paneling to make a ''pyramid greenhouse'' when the fall comes!!

im considering to wrap copper around each pole, but that'd be a lot of copper. the height of each bamboo pole is roughly 20 feet [height is approximately 15 feet, and width is about 18 feet. [eyeball measurement]. since the work is difficult i did not aim for ''precision'' , just stability.

bomohwkl

I bought a high intensive negative ions. I put an orange next to it. It is not yet spoiled for more than 5 months while the one without exposure of negative ions spoiled within a few days leaving in atmospheric environment. Alhough the unspoiled orange looks a bit dry now.
I believe christ body might have preserved partly that way with right humidity so that the skin wouldnt dry with special waters that generated high intensity negative ions?
ptex

Not really Bomoh.
I don't have a high intensive negative ion machine, yet I noticed some oranges can last a very long time.
Recently, I made orange juice with oranges that have been in the fruit basket ever since last September :shock: . Although a bit drier, they were still quite good. I only had to get rid of 2 since they were darker in some areas Iand I didn't feel like taking chances. All others were very much ok. Only the skin was drier and harder.
~William Wordsworth