Weird Science

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Weird Science

There is some really strange stuff at this web site :
http://amasci.com/weird/unusual/exper.html
here are some things that I thought might be relevant?
===========================

I have tested this experiment many times in front of my friends. You take a small DC motor 9-12V, glue a ring magnet to the top of the housing. Then I take a large speaker ring magnet (the whole back section, steel and all) and balance it on top of the motor shaft (easy as there is an indent in the speaker magnet) in attraction to the glued magnet. After applying power (the motor is not fixed to anything, just sitting on the bench) and watching it accelerate for a while, after about 1-2 minutes there seems to be a few kickback forces which makes the motor spin the opposite way of rotation about a half turn. After the epileptic behaviour of the motor, it smooths and accelerates about 10 times the speed before the kicks. When I put my hands near spinning magnet the field feels cold. What would cause this ? (also it seems to only work in 1 direction)
Anthony B <infinity75@ozemail.com.au>
Melbourne, VIC AU - Friday, February 01, 2002 at 19:07:22 (PST)

I was building a electromagnet and It was starting to look good. I had put a switch on it to divert the power at my will. Also, i had added a minutere tesla coil to the design for optimal power. when i hooked it up to a 9 volt battery and i held up the screwdriver which i had wrapped the wire around to magnatise. i was able to take my other hand and metal objects would attract to it as if my hand were a magnet.
Anonymous
USA - Monday, January 25, 1999 at 03:55:25 (PST)

There I was researching the flux capacitor when I realised that if something were to travel through time it would stay in the same place it was in when it shifted in the linear time stream. And thus it was obvious that any displacement of an object through the space-time continuum would not likely remain in an useful earthly postion. Since the surface of the earth is traveling at about 920 miles per hour about its axis, and since the earth itself is orbiting about the sun at about 66,000 miles per hour, and of course the solar system is rotating in its place within the milkyway galaxy...... well as you can see, it all get rather stupid and compicated quiclky. As I began to calculate the adjustments needed to the flux capacitor concept in order to displace correctly with the space-time coordinate system, I quickly realized I was stuck with a 27 dimension problem which I would not be able to resolve with my super nintendo powered apparatus. While I have built the flux capacitor system, I have not been able to replicate the dual watch experiment in the same way as others have indicated in the web page. Unfortunately, everytime the system is fired up, the "target" watch apparently vanishes off to somewhere else in time and space. Very weird!!!! At first, in the first trial where the system was run for only seventeen seconds, the target watch became incredibly hot, the hands warped into a perfect french curve shape, and the crystal was shatered in an odd repeating spiral pattern. When a new target watch was substituted and the flux capacitor allowed to operate for 1 minute, the watch merely glowed blue and red and then disolved into thin air. Please help me understand, are these objects really going somewhere? Are they just becoming invisible? The flux capacitor circuit is starting to really bother me. I find it hard to sleep at night and I haven't had the courage to run it for longer than 1 minute. On the last trial I felt like the table was also beginning to show signs of temporal distortions showing up in the pattern on the formica surface (Incredibly wierd!)
Thanks,GA
Ginger Ayle <gingera23@aol.com>
madison, WI USA - Sunday, October 11, 1998 at 19:01:32 (PDT)

I often experiment with high voltage, electromagnets, and ion repulsion in my basement. I often have trouble with a home made array of electromagnets that are held together with long iron rods. The weak solder connections often force the magnets in on each other, creating a magnetic dome. It was around 3 a.m. when I filled a metal bucket with highly concentrated salt water, trying a crystalization experiment. I placed the bucket on my "electro-table" which can generate high charges of positive, negative, or combined charges via a thick wire connected to the bottom of the bucket. I connected the negative charger to the bucket. When I went to connect the positive wire, a large spark occured which startled me. Jumping back, a mistakingly turned on the electromagnet. I broke and went into a dome shape. The bucket flew up towards the magnet. I was about to turn the magnet off, when I notice that the water was slowly making a pilar. Like a cone of water within the dome of megnets. I quickly put on some thick rubber gloves and touched the cone. A very painful splash of water hit my face and the cone immediately collapsed. It seemed like the water was also spinning at a very high rate of speed, which was confirmed when I touched it. I don't know how it happened, but I have been unsuccessful in recreating the event.
John Cox
Columbus, Ga USA - Saturday, July 26, 1997 at 07:52:08 (PDT)

PHOTO VISUAL IMAGE First you need to be in a very dark room sitting next to a lamp in a comfortable position. After your eyes get ajusted to the dark turn on the lamp momentarly(1-3sec)then turn it back off. All the while having your eyes fixed on an object about 1 to 3 feet away. If your eyes are perfectly still you will see the image you just saw in amazing clearity.With no light! The image can last from a few seconds to a lot longer depending on the amount of practice you have. The trick is to keep your eyes perfectly still without blinking. Try staring at your hand while the light is on and then moving it away while it is off.The effect you get while staring at your hand and knowing it's really not there is kinda strange. Please email me and tell me how this trick works for you. Iv'e been telling people this for years and no one has even tried it.
Dana Smith <dana10@hal-pc.org>
USA - Tuesday, December 02, 1997 at 15:48:39 (PST)