Charity contribution

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

VeskoP

Charity contribution

Better late than never. I'm sorry, guys, that I didn't have the idea to create this temporary sub-forum earlier. For me, selfishness does get in the way...

Each drop in the ocean makes up the ocean, without individual drops the ocean would not exist.

This is an appeal to everyone who visits our forum to contribute to the relief of the terrible disaster from December 26, 2004. The death toll has been horrible and there are simply not enough resources collected to help everyone that can be helped. If nobody else counts, at least our children do count.

http://www.google.com/tsunami_relief.html.
Last edited by VeskoP on Fri May 19, 2006 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Man exists physically for the sole purpose to develop spiritually" -- let us all really remember this when we think what to do next.
Marcus

Very good of you Vesko.

It's nice to see the world helping emotionally, physically and financially to the relief.
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Vesko

I have read today that the FBI warns that there are many fake sites and organizations asking for money, whereas they take all the money for themselves. That is why, please contribute only through well-known organizations, such as UNICEF. And make sure that you are not doing that from an imitated, fraudulent site of such known organizations, either -- this crime is what's commonly called phishing.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
creativekey

red cross

well there's been another disaster, hurricane Katrina in the u.s.a. has taken many lives and destroyed whole cities (though I don't think its quite as bad as the Tsunami). TP mentioned that the red cross is a good organization. If you want to donate money or time, the red cross may be a good place to start. Though time would be hard to donate if you arn't in the u.s.a. and it looks like not many of you are! haha
..... or something
VeskoP

Thank you, creativekey. The topic should have been updated earlier.

For Hurricane Katrina:

http://www.google.com/katrina.html

For the Asian and East African tsunami:

http://www.google.com/tsunami_relief.html

P.S.
Bomohwkl and I have been discussing recently that there are few participants from the USA. Why do you think that is?
"Man exists physically for the sole purpose to develop spiritually" -- let us all really remember this when we think what to do next.
creativekey

hm

I couldn't really tell you why. I'd like to blame it on how horrible the u.s.a. is but I dunno. Seems that this country is most suppressing. The way our society is built it doesn't exactly encourage spirituality (or anything other then making money). Not sure if people really care about this stuff or what. I know theres some thinkers out there but yeah. There is so much [moderated] floating around its probably hard to find this book. hmm...
..... or something
VeskoP

Thanks for the reply. It makes one wonder. I think the reasons you list are feasible. You do have some great thinkers in the US but they seem too few -- and I think the situation in other countries is not much better, if at all -- in comparison with the rest of the population. That said, there are no participants from Russia and China at all, as far as I know. But they could at least offer some excuse, e.g. relatively recent severe political and economic changes.
creativekey

well my friend and I both just joined (he's from america too). haha, he actually found the forum and showed me so yeah HI! :lol:
..... or something
Lena

I went to the local church and helped organize clothes to be sent to the hurricane victims. I hope the people get what they need a.s.a.p. :(
Aisin

VeskoP wrote:That said, there are no participants from Russia and China at all, as far as I know. But they could at least offer some excuse, e.g. relatively recent severe political and economic changes.
Hi Vesko, I can't comment on Russia. But i'd like to reinforce what i've stated on the topic The Error of Suicide in the forum "General Discussion" regarding participants from China or the lack of it. Language is a barrier. I'm in close contact with some China citizens to confirm the language barrier notion.

Although English is taught in most secondary schools in China, those who really use English in their daily life, or those who're well-versed in English enough to go to a forum in English, is less than 1% of the population, my best guess. And among the <1% people who're fluent in English, maybe a majority are not as computer / internet savvy as us.

How about viewing it from a different perspective, how many of us here will search for info on meditation by going to a forum hosted entirely in Japanese language?

And i don't think we ought to assume the excuses on their behalf, especially not political and economic factors. No matter what situation of politics and economy the country is in, there're people who're along the spiritual path. We cannot estimate their spirituality based on the statistics to this forum. Of course i share your anxiety that there is such a huge population (and a significant race) out there, and TP has not reach them yet, at least in our perception.
survivor

I will only offer, my time and material aide to charity, no longer will I give money.(just my thought and opinion)
ghost

Wise choice...

"If you give to charity, you will harm your spirits".
Vesko

ghost wrote:Wise choice...

"If you give to charity, you will harm your spirits".
Welcome to the forum, Ghost!

I think Survivor is not against charity in general, just against giving money. My opinion is that while one should not follow a hard rule of never giving money to charity, one should be extremely cautious when doing so. I have seen beggars who refuse food when it is offered to them, but want money. Guess for what -- drugs, and not only -- there are entire "begger mafias" around. It is difficult or impossible to convert a piece of food into money, so they don't want it. Plus, if they allow people to give them mostly food, they would quickly have to explain why they (fake beggars) still look badly -- one can misspend and lie about money much more easily. Of course, there are some genuine beggars around (a terrible shame to our so-called civilisation).

One should be also careful when giving money to charity organisations collecting money for sick people. Just yesterday, a very sick girl in my country appeared on TV to ask thieves to return 90,000 euro that had been collected for her future operation. After the money had been collected (I think a foreign charity organisation was accepting the money), she and her parents were extremely happy that there would be a chance for her life. Her condition had been and still is extremely serious. Suddenly, the money disappeared during a transfer sometime between the charity organisation and the hospital (in Germany) where the operation had to be performed...

Your quote above, from the "Gospel of Thomas", has been discussed on the topic "Gospel of Thomas 14" in the "General Spirituality and Healing" forum. Comparing from other sources what Jesus Christ has been reported to have said, it seems that particular quote is problematic. And common sense tells me it is so, too. If you have something to add, please contribute to the discussion there.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Alisima

Vesko wrote:Of course, there are some genuine beggars around (a terrible shame to our so-called civilisation).
And there are also beggars who want to be beggars.
Don't read my signature.
Vesko

Alisima wrote:And there are also beggars who want to be beggars.
Quite true and quite unfortunate!