Thinking too much

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Teda

I thought you guys are a bunch of teenagers. Grey hair and losing hair? I'm really confused. :?

Neat thread though.

Bomohkwl, I have just discovered a great site if you're interested to learn more about hair. http://www.rawfood-explained.com/nutrit ... -hair.html

If there anything I could add to this thread, it is this, positive affirmation. "I HAVE BEAUTIFUL HAIR!".

You know, I'm 38 and I say to myself that I look and feel like a 27 year old. Along with doing the 5 tibetian rites, it's working . . . slowly.

I see no point in fasting unless you are prepare to improve your diet after it. Most people fast to clean out toxins and overcome addictions, but if you're going to put toxins back in by going back to old ways, what is the point?

"Thoughts are like boomerang" . . . and actions normally follows.

Teda
Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

- Maori proverb
bomohwkl

Yothu wrote:
bomohwkl wrote: There is a friend who said that, "Relax, loosen up" philosophy to me. He ended up in very hot soup when life unexpeected hit him. Without saving, his children suffered with him.
What happened?
The whole family had to move from an already tight house to a smaller house because it has became too expensive after the husband lost his job without saving.
Another family I knew got themselves in a tragic circumstance. Unfortunately, I was unable to offer much assistance as I was entangled in the same event. It took me a while to recover and hence my absence.
Vesko

Bomoh, did you get and read the my email to you from last week? I wrote to you about breathing.

According to yoga, one should breathe via the diaphragm, and so that:

1. Inhaling and exhaling are of equal duration.
2. There is no pause between inhaling and exhaling and there is not any other pause or interruption during breathing. It should be rhythmic.
3. It is deep, not shallow. Using the diaphragm fully will ensure this.
4. There is no noise and you do not feel forced doing it. Inhaling should flow smoothly into exhaling and vice versa.

(The exact source of the information is the yoga books of T. T. Swami Rama, which I recommend very highly /in fact, I cannot recommend them highly enough if you are seriously interested in spiritual development!/ -- if you are interested, see the topic "Meditation lessons (T. T. Swami Rama teachings booklet)" in the forum library for some freely downloadable materials.)
Teda wrote:I thought you guys are a bunch of teenagers.
Do we really give that impression?
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Vesko

[Post contents removed by poster because of very important considerations; the same post or a revised version may be posted later.]
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
bomohwkl

Psi

Visualise and Actualise

Alisima wrote:You need a target and work towards it everyday.
Just following on from what Shezmear and others have said regarding what they want to attract into their lives – be it materialistic or spiritual – for me, I have a simple but effective answer.

About 25 years ago I heard a live address by Dr Wayne Dyer, a US spiritual and motivational author, for want of a better term. One of the last things he said struck me like a bullet and I’ve never forgotten it since …

(Paraphrasing / embellishing): Imagine that you have six months to live. That’s it. Six months. What would you do differently?..

Would you live where you’re living?
Would you work in the same job / organisation?
Would you be in the same relationships (intimate and friendships)?

When you’ve thought about and answered those questions, consider this:

What do you want to do with the rest of your life?
How do you want to make a difference – in your life and in the lives of others?

Think about that. Six months. That’s all you’ve got. That’s all any of us have got when you consider the big picture. Any of us could go at any time. We don’t know when. We don’t know how. So, it’s important that we start moving in the direction of our dreams, our goals, our purpose. NOW. Not tomorrow. NOW.

Tick. Tock.

Six months, my friends. Let that sink in. Then do something about it.

When you consider the rest of your life in the blink of an eye, like that, it puts things in focus. Well, it does for me.

I have used this analogy many times in workshops and in just regular conversations and, each time (as I am doing right now), I re-consider the ramifications in my own life: I wonder what can I do – what should I do – differently if I knew I only had those six months.

For me, I can honestly say that I am on the right track and heading in the right direction – for me. There have been some stumbles along the path, sure, but I have continued onward and upward – and it’s because I have never lost sight of that big picture – of that six months.

OK, once you’ve worked out what’s truly important – what you want to do with the ‘rest of your life’, as outlined, how do you go about doing it.

As we all know, it begins with goals. And goals begin with baby steps. Small steps up the rungs of the ladder.

I won’t go into goal-setting here. I’m sure you know all about that but I would like to add one element to it. Something you all can – and do – practice naturally.

Visualisation.

When meditating or concentrating (depending on your definition), remember all of the things you’ve just learned about yourself, about what you want for yourself. Then imagine them in your life. Thought expands. We draw things – people, thoughts, stuff – into our lives when we continually focus on them. It can take time, of course, but this manifestation principle has been discussed in many books and I’ve seen it happen in my own life and in others.

All you have to do is believe. Believe it will. Believe in you.
"The unexamined life is not worth living."
~ Socrates
shezmear

Good food for thought, It has made me rethink some things,Psi as I read what you had wrote I thought, I don`t ever really ask for anything more from my HS reason being I figure if it is ment to happen then it will, but I think I could try this out with one goal, and see what happens as a excerise in it self, 6 months you say...
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Psi

With respect, I'm not a big fan of "if it's meant to happen, it will happen". For me, that's a defeatist attitude.

I prefer to take my life into my own hands and, often, struggle against what seems inevitable and, whether I change the outcome or not, I am usually a stronger person, emotionally and spiritually for enduring the struggle.

A wise man once said: "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it."

I have that on a plaque overlooking my world ... my desk.

Either way you look at it, I think you can only benefit from the six months analogy. How many people do we know who die 'before their time'? That can even apply to someone who is 70 or 80 - those who still have not found their Way, who still have unfulfilled hopes, dreams, goals or never got around to saying what they've always wanted to say to people (love).

Regret is the real killer, at least for me.
"The unexamined life is not worth living."
~ Socrates
shezmear

yeerrrrr.....:-k

I know who I am ....there is no need to struggle....

I geuss I think of asking things from my HS, I think what more do I need?, I kind of got it all, someone to love, something to do and something to look forward to...

But if I was to dream I would say well, I can dream pritty big.....A thrip to thiaoouba would be nice...:)(come on I know you have all thought of it), or even meeting a thiaoouban would be kind of fun, but ultimatly happyness is such a simple thing, do I really need all this stuff to make it happen, it is right hear in this moment.....in every moment....
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Essene

Interesting topics. When I myself stayed at Toms I felt like I was in paradise and would of been happy to have worked for Tom on the farm and the in the house for nothing but food, board, and small pocket change. To meditate and evolve spiritually and to live a quiet and pretty much stress free life.

Yet there was a quiet nagging feeling which said that it wasn't right for me to stay there at this time. That it would of been slightly selfish of me to simply disappear into the wilderness abandoning my family, friends and all who would not get to meet me.

I also realized that one can evolve spiritually by living in the more material world as it is there where the harshest but most profitable lessons need to be learnt. Sometimes happiness isn't always everything, duty and responsibility can be just as important.

Although God willing I hope to retire in the state that Tom is living as it has always been my dream I believe I have a lifetime of lessons still to learn before I get to that stage.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Aisin

Very well said, I agree with you.