Serpents of Wisdom

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

the_greek

Serpents of Wisdom

I would like to recommend this book to all the spiritually inclined individuals who seek enlightenment. There might be something in it for learning, consider or just to get hostile about. Whichever's your game. Enjoy.

http://greylodge.org/occultreview/glor_ ... Wisdom.pdf
..Hopa! :clap:
dloheb

I've commented on what I thought in the other thread but i'm having difficulty sleeping, so, might as well continue discussion here

the writing behind it is a little 'dark' by my perception so that was a bit of a turn off, but it's very well written and I've actually read it twice in one day which is unheard of for me. It's practically a pleasure to read – better than a video game because my computer was already on.

It was sortof anti-vegetarianism, unless it was only directly aimed at the way doctors imagine bs ways to cure things – weird diets and etc.. the obvious problems with vegans is their air of superiority.. understood, an interesting comment, too, that eating meat does not have killing karma attached that for some reason sum mat or whatever yogis all seem to say is true.

What still confuses me – are all these yogis and such really just talking from second hand experience? Do they not have visions? Were they not earnest in their quest? It’s difficult for me to presume it is so.. although in the yogi example above I can see how it’d be second hand teaching since different ones say the same thing

By the way all forums members, the book talks about kundalini which reiterates my point in the other thread.. you know what I’m talking about. Palatanus!

more points i'd like to brign up later but i'm going to bed now
the_greek

dloheb wrote: What still confuses me – are all these yogis and such really just talking from second hand experience? Do they not have visions? Were they not earnest in their quest? It’s difficult for me to presume it is so.. although in the yogi example above I can see how it’d be second hand teaching since different ones say the same thing

By the way all forums members, the book talks about kundalini which reiterates my point in the other thread.. you know what I’m talking about. Palatanus!

more points i'd like to brign up later but i'm going to bed now
That's what I find most people saying about it too, they say it's a little 'dark', some have even said that the autor is bitter and pessimistic. However it's quite like the approach of
a skeptic who isn't skeptical for the sake of being skeptical. I will look into your other thread.

You've brought up pretty good points. The one about second hand experience is pretty
significant. I think they do have visions and some of them are earnest in their quest.
Of course. But that's like good intentions and well meaning persons who cause harm not because they intended to, they just want to help but...you get the idea. One good example about yogic methodology that can actually cause actualy physiological harm is some very unnatural breathing exercises that are supposed to induce certain states. If you do some research on that, you should find cases where this has been so.

You're also right on the mark about how it'd be second hand experience and teaching since different ones say the same thing and they might not even have experienced it themselves, if they had, otherwise you should notice some signs of individuality in their way of interpretation or even in their approach. Besides, would it not be easy then if there was just one teaching that was firmly set in stone and then everybody could follow the same and that should work miracles for everyone? How easy it would be if there was just a simple 12-step program...or whatever. And then there is that other thing about causes people pursue out of self-importance.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed the book, it's one of my favorites.
..Hopa! :clap:
dloheb

One of mine now, too.

While I haven't looked into yoga breathing yet, I was for a time now aware of kundalini (actually it’s one of the first things I learned of). If you refer yourself to the marketing heap that is http://www.xtrememind.com, they sell a variety of things, but one impaticular is supposed to awaken your kundalini via "binaural beats" and a meditation script. Having had a feeling that doing so isn’t a good idea, I did some research on kundalini and found many stories of people (just go a google search)and the problems that arose for them as a result. Actually, it scared the *** out of me because it seemed to happen to people spontaneously as well. My thread on this forum related to the TP book is here: http://www.goldenplanetforum.com/viewto ... =kundalini

It is just common sense that trying to raise kundalini is pointless to anyone not 100% on the path anyway… unless you want to use it for physical and/or superficial gain.. I have a feeling that people true to the path wouldn’t create for themselves a cake, then eat it too. :p

This is one reason why Serpents of Wisdom was very true to my understanding, and the kundalini subject is just one example of what the book discusses. What’s odd too, is that I was always really agitated at the contradictions between different new age beliefs, or just beliefs in general – and the author knows that well. . .

The core of the book in my mind right now is how the true masters have no need for outward show and would never release the truth for the masses, or try to lure them in. . . because there is no point. When you think about it, how can anything else be correct in regards to a master? And it’s natural to have to be on the path alone. .

As in relation to TP, and Tom Chalko (the chakra shirt guy), I wonder about if TP is true. My impression is that TP and The Serpents of Wisdom do not align, but perhaps they do – I don’t rememeber anything conclusive. All I’m aware of now is that I’ve become attached to the TP and some related things . . . it shouldn’t be a concern to me.

The book mentions that there are many paths but also that there is only path (to truth). Can you perhaps tell me what I missed with respect to that? Also that all will eventually come to the light but also that people are either good or bad, either towards light or darkness.

And another thing – I’m convinced that many people can infact reach the light (Higher Self) via meditation.. and that at this point you understand everything perfectly and then lose it after you come back. Also I believe that this is evident in Near Death Experiences, even though those contradict each other as well, the light is a common consistency. The Serpents of Wisdom seems to suggest that after death you’d aimlessly wander the astral planes, whereas I honestly think that such is not the case.

Thanks,.

oh, and in addition, as to the origins of this book. . where does it come from? Is the author on the path? If she is not on the path how can she know of the masters? OK, she knows a master, I'm assuming, because she quotes one (I think she gives the name away too, or I misread). . . so we say she IS on the path.. why has she given herself away? She's not too hidden, I would think. Yet ofcourse she does not give away any of the secrets, so.. . I don't know. . . but why write the book? She sounds as though she's addressing a certain people - students. I thought they all roamed the earth painfully unaware of each other? So was this book published with intent to have it on the internet for everyone who wanted to, to read? I suppose it's different to give your ideas away in person to someone who doesn't want it, then have it read by someone who does?
dr_faust

The kundalini thing did scare me a bit as well. Actually I have had personal experience with it to a certain degree and if you don't know what's happening it can be frightful. It is psychologically dangerous but I won't go into detail for now.

I checked out your thread and when I pulled it up, I remembered reading it before. I concur with what you've said there especially about the kundalini awakening coming through many different means. But it's hard to pin down, I've heard about people gaining awareness through traumatic incidences and such. I'm sure you've read about it too.

I particularily found your example about the construction worker amusing. We can only speculate as to why his "higher self" would choose such a profession if noise is really damaging. Anyway I'll come back to this thread now.

Yes I agree it'd be pointless to raise kundalini to anyone not on the path because it would have nothing worthwhile to offer..well...sexual extasy maybe? What do you mean about people true to the path not creating themselves a cake and eating it too?

Anyway, there is a paradox involved in all of this. You can get agitated about contradictions between different beliefs and yes the author knows if fully well but
then you'd also get agitated if they were all the same. And essentially they are!
Thing go deeper of course, and resolving the paradox in all would be the key to understanding any mystery. This paradox is both very deep and very simple at the same time.

Now it is true that the masters would never lure anyone in because they wouldn't have
anything to gain from them and they would only seek eachother's company too. But ultimately there's the great work and everyone works it out on their own. It would also be pointless to reveal the keys because the way they're given wouldn't work for anyone else. Although some pointers can help but I'm sure you know what I mean.

There are many paths but there is only one path. I'm not sure if I can help there but i'll give it a try. Basically it's about evolution and involution. Evolution is towards the light and involution is towards the dark. There are those who are not interested in the light
and don't even want to hear about it. Or they'd even run from it because it's blinding them so they go towards the darkness of the material. Even if one saw the light and he was "bad", he would think about abusing it or whatever. But there is a necessity for both because they each have their roles in the bigger picture. So in essence there is only one way, and that is to the light, regardless of anything else.

After death people aimlessly wander the astral planes? Hmm..which part was that?
Well..some do, some don't.. but that's deep. If for example you think that this life
is a dream and when you die you wake up from it, you can either go 2 ways, heaven or hell. No, I'm just kidding. But you can either think that you awoke from a nightmare or from a good dream depending on what kind of a life you have had. Again I have to stop there. I do think that many people do get glimpses of the light but they're hopelessly trying to grab on and fail in whatever way. Common consistancy is certainly there in regards to what they report but if one is really up to the task, he/she shouldn't lose it all after they come back.

Welcome.

Oh, I think only the author would know where it comes from. I would love to tell you about the author but I would rather not speak on her behalf out of respect. But I might be able to say why she has given herself away. Well..the short answer is that she hasn't given herself away. All that has been given away is even smaller than the tip of the iceberg yet it contains the whole picture. The book was written in order to communicate with those who need it and those who need a reality-check, so to speak.
You may be on the path but these checks are essential, because it's easy to be distracted, until you've reached the point of no return and there are only a very few who have. The students (depending on where they are) are aware of eachother and teachers/students communicate with eachother through various literary outlets as well as through other means too. Also, the purpose of this book, in my opinion is to provide some sort of a lead for those who are ready to be disillusioned and who are tired of the various new-age beliefs. And finally, it's a reminder of common sense, judgement (which the new age teachings preach against) we shouldn't kid ourselves. You are you, and I am I and if you have to become something else, then your inner alarms automatically kick in and tell you that something is fishy.
survivor

dr_faust wrote:The kundalini thing did scare me a bit as well. Actually I have had personal experience with it to a certain degree and if you don't know what's happening it can be frightful. It is psychologically dangerous but I won't go into detail for now.

A passage from [Fixing The Kundalini] by Tom Adams; http://easternhealingarts.com/Articles/fixkundali.html
The imbalances were already in our energy bodies before the kundalini awakened, the kundalini did not create the problem but it can certainly cause the latent energy imbalances to manifest very quickly and sometimes very drastically, as severe pain or illness. Based on this information one can then see that any attempts at fixing the kundalini will vary greatly, the results will be marginal at best, and in many cases dangerous, as many people here have found out through their experiences with energy workers trying to fix their kundalini problem. So what is the solution ?
an act against {free will} is an act against nature
dr_faust

That isn't the issue at all. You see, it doesn't matter what the cause is or what created the problem. The problem is there and when you "awaken", you manifest whatever you call the problem, be it "imbalances" or whatnot. And that's that. This doesn't negate anything I've said. The psychological danger is still there. What else can I say?
dloheb

dr_faust wrote:The kundalini thing did scare me a bit as well. Actually I have had personal experience with it to a certain degree and if you don't know what's happening it can be frightful. It is psychologically dangerous but I won't go into detail for now.

I checked out your thread and when I pulled it up, I remembered reading it before. I concur with what you've said there especially about the kundalini awakening coming through many different means. But it's hard to pin down, I've heard about people gaining awareness through traumatic incidences and such. I'm sure you've read about it too.

I particularily found your example about the construction worker amusing. We can only speculate as to why his "higher self" would choose such a profession if noise is really damaging. Anyway I'll come back to this thread now.

Yes I agree it'd be pointless to raise kundalini to anyone not on the path because it would have nothing worthwhile to offer..well...sexual extasy maybe? What do you mean about people true to the path not creating themselves a cake and eating it too?
Yeah I mean that people would use the kundalini, the positives of it, to improve, say, their health, mental awareness, attractiveness (not physical), etc. - but with a solely material gain in mind (lower mind as in SoW). A person on the path would gain those benefits, but that's not the intent behind their actions. From what I know (which in regards to what kundalini actually is, is very little) a person cannot always reap the physical benefits of spiritual practices (whatever they know of them) when they ignore the spiritual side of it. You can’t really have your cake and eat it as well. Well, maybe you can if you do it properly. . but I have the impression these things collide and work against one another. How many people who do yoga in western countries are even conscious of a spiritual side? That’s what I meant by all that.

Also, with regards to the thread about kundalini, TP states that kundalini is exclusively raised through sex. . . or atleast we think they’re talking about the kundalini. . .

Anyway, there is a paradox involved in all of this. You can get agitated about contradictions between different beliefs and yes the author knows if fully well but
then you'd also get agitated if they were all the same. And essentially they are!
Thing go deeper of course, and resolving the paradox in all would be the key to understanding any mystery. This paradox is both very deep and very simple at the same time.
I lost you here.. why would I be agitated if they were all the same? I think I’d be quite pleased. . . maybe unlucky if it was wrong. . .

Now it is true that the masters would never lure anyone in because they wouldn't have
anything to gain from them and they would only seek eachother's company too. But ultimately there's the great work and everyone works it out on their own. It would also be pointless to reveal the keys because the way they're given wouldn't work for anyone else. Although some pointers can help but I'm sure you know what I mean.

There are many paths but there is only one path. I'm not sure if I can help there but i'll give it a try. Basically it's about evolution and involution. Evolution is towards the light and involution is towards the dark. There are those who are not interested in the light
and don't even want to hear about it. Or they'd even run from it because it's blinding them so they go towards the darkness of the material. Even if one saw the light and he was "bad", he would think about abusing it or whatever. But there is a necessity for both because they each have their roles in the bigger picture. So in essence there is only one way, and that is to the light, regardless of anything else.
that makes sense
After death people aimlessly wander the astral planes? Hmm..which part was that?
Well..some do, some don't.. but that's deep. If for example you think that this life
is a dream and when you die you wake up from it, you can either go 2 ways, heaven or hell. No, I'm just kidding. But you can either think that you awoke from a nightmare or from a good dream depending on what kind of a life you have had. Again I have to stop there. I do think that many people do get glimpses of the light but they're hopelessly trying to grab on and fail in whatever way. Common consistancy is certainly there in regards to what they report but if one is really up to the task, he/she shouldn't lose it all after they come back.
Some claim they haven’t lost it all. This is rerally confusing stuff when you throw the idea of things being an illusion.. I don’t even know what that means really. I’ll just leave that at the side, lol.
Oh, I think only the author would know where it comes from. I would love to tell you about the author but I would rather not speak on her behalf out of respect. But I might be able to say why she has given herself away. Well..the short answer is that she hasn't given herself away. All that has been given away is even smaller than the tip of the iceberg yet it contains the whole picture. The book was written in order to communicate with those who need it and those who need a reality-check, so to speak.
You may be on the path but these checks are essential, because it's easy to be distracted, until you've reached the point of no return and there are only a very few who have. The students (depending on where they are) are aware of eachother and teachers/students communicate with eachother through various literary outlets as well as through other means too. Also, the purpose of this book, in my opinion is to provide some sort of a lead for those who are ready to be disillusioned and who are tired of the various new-age beliefs. And finally, it's a reminder of common sense, judgement (which the new age teachings preach against) we shouldn't kid ourselves. You are you, and I am I and if you have to become something else, then your inner alarms automatically kick in and tell you that something is fishy.
dr_faust

Oh I see what you mean. mind-wise for those people not on the path it would be pointless then. Yes, because they would not be interested in gaining mastery over their lower selves. It wouldn't do anything on the physical level either, except to give them feelings of euphoria and better orgasms in sex.

Now about kundalini exclusively raised through sex, i'm not quite sure. I don't think it's
raised that way, it's just a sort of an outpouring and exchange. A channel. Maybe it's exclusive only in the way that it is the only way to know and be with someone to the fullest and when kundalini is "raised" in the act, that's when magical things happen that otherwise can't happen.

For a person on the path, actually, nothing is excluded because even though their intent is to gain wisdom and all those higher things, the lower stuff follows. I believe there is even a quote on that in the bible. Something like "seek for wisdom and all else will be added" or something. That makes sense because you want to be whole and not deny anything that is part of you. So killing off the lower self, and even killing off the ego would be nonsensical. You'd be right about these things colliding and working against one another. If you seeked it for solely material gain then you would be driven instead of being your own master. Desires can drive a person or the person could have mastery over them and it is when that mastery is attained honestly, that's when you reap all the benefits. And yes I think most people aren't even conscious of a spiritual side of yoga.
People are like sheep, they just think of it as some exotic form of exercise and they get into things like yoga and pilates cause it's in. Same with anything esle in life, there are really only 2 groups, the exoteric and the esoteric.

What I mean about the paradox is that eventually you would want to break free from the monotinity of evrything being the same. Deep down you would want to have a journey of peril and confusion, drama, a story because you want a sense of achievement and not having anything to do would frustrate you just as equally because you'd already be there and you seek to experience, not just have things put in front of you. And above all, you want to question everything. Of course, some people don't and they don't! you may tell them anything, and especially if you're an authority figure such as a scientist, doctor, priest, the president or media or whatever, they accept what you tell them and yet at the same time there are so many divisions and variety, which are essentially all the same. See?

And for those who have seen the light and claim they haven't lost it all, I don't know. It may very well be true. The only problem is that they can't show you what they see or what they feel. And that is one of the lowest levels of separation and perhaps the very root of human condition. throw the idea of things being an illusion in, and things can literally ***. (people being led astray.) Seeing isn't the problem. Talking is.
dloheb

Oh cool you're a Canadian. Happy Canada Day :P

The paradox thing still confuses me. I must either not be able to make some connection or am thinking about something entirely different. I'm not sure how the top of the paragraph connects to the bottom. Do you mean the purpose behind the spoken divisions and variety are the same, as in human nature?
dr_faust

I think you got it. fundamentally everything is tied together. it's like embroidery where one side has distinct patterns and shapes and the other side of the cloth is where there is just one big mess. and yeah I'm canadian, but I don't like canada day, the firecrackers break my concentration!
dloheb

dr_faust wrote:I think you got it. fundamentally everything is tied together. it's like embroidery where one side has distinct patterns and shapes and the other side of the cloth is where there is just one big mess. and yeah I'm canadian, but I don't like canada day, the firecrackers break my concentration!
unpatriotic! :P
dloheb

Have you read "The Technique of the Master"?
dr_faust

no, i haven't heard of it.
dloheb

how do you think (this is for anyone to answer), one can go about knowing if something was meant for them or not?

what I mean is, as a younger guy, I do not know what I should put energy into. I don't want to breath life into something that isn't meant to happen for me, as stated in Serpents of Wisdom.

So how does one know what it is they should try to achieve?

refer to page 46