Learning How to Learn

Official information, announcements and interviews in the press, on TV, radio.

Moderator: Moderators

Yothu

Learning How to Learn

...is actually the title of a book by Idries Shah which I'd like to recommend very much. I feel very attracted to the teachings of sufis, I have learned a lot from them, their stories, their analogies, even from their mere presence. I can see a relation to some aspects of the Thiaoouba Prophecy.

Since Tom used this sentence 'Learning how to learn' in one of his discussions on TFOC Reader Forum I got curious when I saw it as title of one of Idries Shah's books. Like a friend of mine said: "People of that kind cannot say anything new, they can only put into words what we think , know and feel." At least to me this was the case with TFOC and books of Idries Shah.

What I also read is 'Caravan of dreams', 'The sufis' and 'Der glücklichste Mensch' (which means 'The happiest one of mankind') of which I do not know the original english title.

The books are not expensive (all about $ 10) and available on Amazon.

Don't forget to put in the referral ID of your friend if you order online. ;) Besides, I don't have one.
Last edited by Yothu on Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Yothu

I mean a referral Id. At least I have one friend ... ;)

Kind regards

...and if somebody's coming to Vienna in December: tell me! Together we're going to see the 'story teller" Parvis Mamnun, who is a sufi, 'live and in action' in a small theatre called 'Interkulturtheater'.
Vesko

Yothu, I've been buying some spirituality/ancient history books over the last year from Amazon, including James Churchward's books. I've sent the available discount letters to some friends. In the future I'll be sure to forward them to you and as many interested as I can.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Yothu

Thank you , Vesko.