General Comments, Critique and Suggestions

Your opinion about this forum. It matters! Even a single person can make a difference by posting here.

Moderator: Moderators

VeskoP

Thank you, fixed now. I don't think anyone of us wants to archi(e)ve science without achieving it.

I am not a member here but I have read Michel Desmarquet's book and it has changed my way of thinking

I am 57
that book had found its way into my life whan i saw it an inner voice kept telling me to read it,at first
Vesko

Anonymous wrote:I am not a member here but I have read Michel Desmarquet's book and it has changed my way of thinking

I am 57
that book had found its way into my life whan i saw it an inner voice kept telling me to read it,at first
Dear Guest,

It's absolutely fabulous to find out that older (but not old!) people are aware of those things. Let's say the truth, most of us here are very young, and don't have much in the way of life experince in comparison with you, generally speaking, that is :). Older people must also be a part of the critical mass of people realizing all this for a substantial positive change in society to be made.

Do visit from time to time & best regards,
Vesko
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Robanan

Hi People,
I joined in lately, I think you have noticed :roll:
I'm 25 and...
I wanted to say that...

I LOVE IT!
uhmmm... uh I mean the forum...

You people are very nice, I've spent some time reading your posts! 8)

It's not easy to print the posts though...specially when you make a search of all the posts from one person and you get loads of them that you want to print sequentially and study or review away from the computer.
I'm not sure, maybe I still don't understand how the forum works.

I'm very excited. I'm happy to be with you guys!
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Vesko

Welcome, Robanan!

You know, a forum is not exactly designed for easy printing... but I guess the forum can be exported to a convenient format that can be printed then. Perhaps there's a phpBB plugin that we can use for that. If you really need that, tell me and I'll try to find and install something for this purpose.

Good that you liked the forum!

Bye for now, and I'm sure we'll have some quite pleasant exchanges in the future :).

Last but not the least, cheers to you, IT fellow (I'm a programmer)!

Best regards,
Vesko
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Robanan

Thank you Vesko,
I Value your concern and friendship very much. When I first joined I encountered a huge amount of information on the forum but I understood that I should upload many pages and read them offline, I'm pretty well satisfied, Thank you again. I'll make sure you know, if I ever come to need anything or come up with a new idea toward making the forum better.
You guys have certainly done a Great job!
Simplicity is more effective therefore Superior...
I myself am not much of a programmer but the science itself appeals to me much more. To be more specific I'm particularly intrested in Artificial Intelligence about two years ago Tom challenged me to program consciousness, since then I started to study my owns :wink:

Yours Truly,
-Nima
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Yothu

There is a new forum:

Intellectual discussions
A discussion of current world issues, the world history (eg Renaissance, the history and evolution of science, etc), perception and interpretation of life and etc in retrospect of the freedom of choice and thiaoouba prophecy

What a piddy that I will never be able 2 take part in that forum lol... (I'm a wacko)
I would be better with "General Chat", "Chat Box", "Thiaoouba Café" or the like.
jk / fishing for compliments

---

Seriously: A good idea! The new forum. :applause:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
bomohwkl

Everyone can take part! Just that I havent yet started the forum.

I am kind of more interested of current and recent past history of earth (because of abundant literature and data). History provided us thousands of events we could learn. Yet, text-book history usually talks about events rather than lessons learned from the past.
Yothu

Allright. 8)

Note that the name "Thiaoouba Café" is (c) by me.
Vesko

Hopefully the new forum will serve a good purpose.
yothu wrote:fishing for compliments
Yothu, if you are a wacko then I don't know what real wackos are! ;)
bomohwkl wrote:Yet, text-book history usually talks about events rather than lessons learned from the past
That is true. I have noticed that history textbooks talk mostly about wars and intrigues, with only the occasional chapter on culture. I have realized that's the reason I didn't like history in school.
Yothu

Vesko wrote:
Yothu, if you are a wacko then I don't know what real wackos are! ;)
bomohwkl wrote:Yet, text-book history usually talks about events rather than lessons learned from the past
That is true. I have noticed that history textbooks talk mostly about wars and intrigues, with only the occasional chapter on culture. I have realized that's the reason I didn't like history in school.
Thank you ;)

Vesko, ur absolutely right about history in school. I think this is also because teachers hardly make use of original texts. Instead one has to learn from the pre-filtered, pre-summarized school-books schools order from I don't know where.
creativekey

awesome

woah. I read the thiaoouba prophecy about.... two years ago. I never knew there was a forum for it though! This is pretty exciting. I like to keep up with Chalko's freedom forum as well, but there's no links to here, I didn't even know it existed! I'm looking forward to chatting and meeting other readers, this is neat! oh by the way, my name is Jenay and I currently live in Naples, Florida ....USA. :wink:
..... or something
Vesko

Re: awesome

creativekey wrote:woah. I read the thiaoouba prophecy about.... two years ago. I never knew there was a forum for it though! This is pretty exciting. I like to keep up with Chalko's freedom forum as well, but there's no links to here, I didn't even know it existed! I'm looking forward to chatting and meeting other readers, this is neat! oh by the way, my name is Jenay and I currently live in Naples, Florida ....USA. :wink:
:cheers: Welcome, creativekey! I am really glad to read you are pretty excited about the subject! For your information, the forum was started on April 5, 2004. Regarding Chalko providing a link to it, you have prompted me to answer on the topic "Do We Deserve It?" in the "Forum Support" forum.
Frozn

A small suggestion

Great forum to say the least! :D

I would be hard pressed to find something I didn't like about the information and the people who have posted here. However one tiny little incovenience has been naggin me ever since I first started viewing this board.

When you're in a topic with multiple pages, the only way to go to the next page is to scroll all the way back to the top of the page and click the appropriate link. Could you put the same links down at the bottom as well? This would make scrolling through long topic much simpler, in my humble opinion, and add to an already comfortable and convenient 'feel'.
Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you. For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. - Gospel of Thomas
Yothu

Re: A small suggestion

Frozn wrote:When you're in a topic with multiple pages, the only way to go to the next page is to scroll all the way back to the top of the page and click the appropriate link. Could you put the same links down at the bottom as well?
Hi Frozn,

maybe you're using a different board style than me; look at what my browser shows me (that is the bottom of the fourth page of the topic "The Theory of Evolution"):