"Genuises"

Official information, announcements and interviews in the press, on TV, radio.

Moderator: Moderators

alexH

"Genuises"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 5662&hl=en

sheer genius
Human's truly have unlimited potential
cultivate it!
If a blind man leads another, they will both fall into a pit. -Jesus Christ

The no-mind not-thinks no-thoughts about no thing.
Gautama Buddha
Robanan

Thank you, it is indeed amazing.
Essene

Re: "Genuises"

Yes, very good, I read his book "born on a blue day". Very interesting read. He feels numbers, each number has its own emotion and feeling linked to it. It is interesting to me that the number 9 to him is a holy number when he thinks about it he attaches it to god, it is his favourite number.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Rezo

oh, wow - this is beyond interesting for me to watch. Thank you so much for sharing the link really its - something else.

very interesting indeed.
Rezo

Actually and this is not to diminish Mr. Tammet's ability to memorize Pi, Lu Chao from China is now the record holder, over some 67,000 digits. Took him over 24 hours straight I think...makes me think again of the Abacus. But his way of seeing shapes that fit into each other has to mean something, I wonder what?

Pi actually is a real interesting number. It relates to Phi and e also actually:

Rick Howards research on the Great Pyramid goes into it in depth, I also like some of equations from the site -- http://www.goldennumber.net -- theres some simple equations on there that seem to relate pi and phi, inversely, to each other. I especially like the 24 digit cast-out-nine pattern for phi, from successive fibonacci numbers. Theres just something about it that makes me think this could be a type of way to make irrational numbers seem more 'rational', in other words, have an explainable pattern behind the seemingly random stream of numbers, that can be expressed with numbers also. Ive found a few repeating patterns using cast-out nine of my own, if you want I can share those also.

Of course Ive seen the movie 'Pi' from 1998, it has some weird/difficult to watch moments but wasn't that bad.

Hey, in base pi, pi = 1 :P
Zio

Hey, that video made me think of another show on Discovery Channel Canada, called The Real Superhumans. I don't have the video link (try it yourself :P), but one of the "superhuman" had the same ability as Tammet.

Also, there an artist who could draw beautiful pictures, but have never saw light in his life because he didn't have eyeballs.
Another person has her sense of smell, hearing and taste all linked together. That means she could taste sound, see music and hear flavor.
Anyway, just to add to the abilities of human life form :D
shezmear

thank you great vid....
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
ronald

Rezo

yes highly enjoyed it as well.