Meeting the Higher Self

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

bomohwkl

Meeting the Higher Self

Source: Life afer Life

Typical questions asked by the higher-self (HS)for those who had near death experience:

1. Are you ready to die?
2. What have you done with your life that you want to show me?
3. Did the kind of life you had been leading up tp that point seem worth-while to you knowing what you you then knew?

One of the purposes of review of life by the HS is to provoke reflection.

As the near death experiencers witness the display of review, the HSs seem to stress the importance of two things in life: Learning to love other people and acquiring knowledge.

They also found that much to their amazement, that even when their most apparently aweful and sinful deeds were made manifest before the HSs, the HSs responded not with anger and rage but rather only understanding and even with humor.
Yothu

Re: meeting with the higher-self

bomohwkl wrote:They also found that much to their amazement, that even when their most apparently aweful and sinful deeds were made manifest before the HSs, the HSs responded not with anger and rage but rather only understanding and even with humor.
Yes, of course. I always wanted my boss to react with humour when I do something wrong...

If it isn't attached to great material damage or loss of money he usually does :lol:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Vesko

Very interesting!

Thank God one of those questions was NOT "Why didn't you generate enough revenue"?
Last edited by Vesko on Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Yothu

Do you know if one can meet his higher self when giuded by a shaman? A friend of mine told me he was in seminar about shamanism (or something similiar) with a shaman who did group healings and showed my friend his personal guardian. My friend told me that this being appeared in a dreamlike state, a person with a mask.

Of course my friend wanted to see the persons face and when my friend got too curious and asked this person to lift his mask, the person said that it would not do any difference and did as requested. My friend got surprised, because behind the mask there was only pure light. Üutting back its mask this being of light said to him: "You have to put more trust in me."

Is there any difference between a personal guardian like the one I described and the higher self or is it all the same? I personally did not have any deep spiritual experience so perhaps I mixed things up.

PS: Vesko: I do not get it... :oops:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Vesko

yothu wrote:Do you know if one can meet his higher self when giuded by a shaman? A friend of mine told me he was in seminar about shamanism (or something similiar) with a shaman who did group healings and showed my friend his personal guardian. My friend told me that this being appeared in a dreamlike state, a person with a mask.

Of course my friend wanted to see the persons face and when my friend got too curious and asked this person to lift his mask, the person said that it would not do any difference and did as requested. My friend got surprised, because behind the mask there was only pure light. Üutting back its mask this being of light said to him: "You have to put more trust in me."

Is there any difference between a personal guardian like the one I described and the higher self or is it all the same? I personally did not have any deep spiritual experience so perhaps I mixed things up.
I don't know at this point and can only speculate.
There is no doubt that the Higher Self is a guardian. He could save us from disaster or make any of our wishes come true but he won't do it because then we'll never learn to live by ourselves.
However, general literature on the subject says there are other guardians. Personally, I do not see much sense in that because the Higher Self is without doubt powerful enough to handle us (according to the audio interviews with Michel, the nine astral bodies that are associated with a Higher Self are half of his electrons, and the remaining ones are dedicated to his independent operation). Second, if there exist other guardians, what are they? Astral bodies that have got a reincarnation waiver :) ? But wouldn't that contradict then the Creator's desire that we have spiritual experiences while in a physical body? Is that really his desire as the book says? What about that an astral body has to be either with his HS or live in a physical body? Is that really so as the book says? Note that while an out-of-body experience is a detachment of the astral body, the detachment is never a full one except at the time of death, so this is not an unnatural phenomenon, and it is not harmful to do so.
PS: Vesko: I do not get it... :oops:
"Generate revenue" is similar to "earn profit". IMHO it's a funny euphemistic phrase that tries to hide the insatiable money-making appetites of ravenous capitalists. One reads and hears it constantly from people in the corporate world. It's the Holy Grail of Business which sanctions any business activity and method. :( It is also a magic phrase -- if you, as a businessman, notice that you are talking nonsense, say immediately this phrase, and the nonsense will either go unnoticed by others, or they will congratulate you on your great ideas. :)
I should have written "Where is the money?" :lol:
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
bomohwkl

Do you know if one can meet his higher self when giuded by a shaman?
As far as I understand, when you meet your higher-self through a tunnel, you will experience a sense of indescrible bliss. That bliss is a sure sign of your HS. I don't whether it is possible to have HS showing up to you while you are in your astral body is in a physical body.

By according to Tom
However, at the time of extreme difficulties, when I become discouraged by overwhelming problems, accidents, when I develop serious doubts about my conclusions and consider abandoning what I do - The Light reminds itself... It appears at some distance, but it clearly reminds me where I was and what I experienced - just for a second or two, enough to restore my motivation to face whatever problems may appear in front of me.
It seems like HS can show itself in a distance while your astral body is in a physical body.
Is there any difference between a personal guardian like the one I described and the higher self or is it all the same?
I have not enough knowledge to differentiate whether one's is the HSs or a personal guardian. I think it is possible for HS to have several willing facilitators where they choose this time to assist the person. They surely can learn something from you by observing and assisting you. But your HS is the powerful one.
What about that an astral body has to be either with his HS or live in a physical body?
Great Thaori, Thao and Micheal delved into earth psychosphore. They aren't in their respective HSs. Hmmmm.... there seems a contradiction in the book.
Meedan

What about that an astral body has to be either with his HS or live in a physical body?
Great Thaori, Thao and Micheal delved into earth psychosphore. They aren't in their respective HSs. Hmmmm.... there seems a contradiction in the book.
As Vesko said, the astral body is not fully detached from the physical body until death, so there is no contradiction.
With Love
bomohwkl

As Vesko said, the astral body is not fully detached from the physical body until death, so there is no contradiction.
How do you know that when drugged, your astral body is completely detached from your physical body.
This can be traced back by Thao mentioning people about taking drugs. Surely, they cannot have their astral body completely detached from their physiccal bodies.

Do you know what I mean?
Meedan

Sorry, I don't understand you. When drugged, your astral body is not completely detached from your physical body. As far as I understand, while drugged, you are far less 'detached' than when you do astral projection. I don't understand what this has to do with drugs though.
With Love
bomohwkl

In the book of Thiaoouba
Considering only drugs, it must be understood that they have an influence that is totally against Nature. They ‘remove’ the Astral body to another sphere where it should not be. The Astral body should be either in a physical body or with its Higher Self, of which it is a part[1]. When drugged, an individual’s Astral body is as though ‘asleep’ experiencing artificial sensations that completely distort his or her judgement. It is in the same situation as a physical body is during an important surgical operation
compared with what Vesko said
What about that an astral body has to be either with his HS or live in a physical body? Is that really so as the book says? Note that while an out-of-body experience is a detachment of the astral body, the detachment is never a full one except at the time of death, so this is not an unnatural phenomenon, and it is not harmful to do so.
While you are in physical body, the detachment of astral body from the physical body is not full as both are linked by silver cord. Vesko is suggesting that while you are in out-of-body experience, your astral body is not in your physical body or in your HS. OBE could be harmful as suggested by [1].

Do you understand the 'missing' link?

Then great Thaori, Thao and Micheal delved into earth psychosphore. They aren't in their respective HSs in contradiction of advice suggested by [1].
Meedan

During an out-of-body experience, you are still connected to your physical body through the 'silver cord'.
While you are in physical body, the detachment of astral body from the physical body is not full as both are linked by silver cord.
While in physical body, the astral body is totally attached to the physical body.
Vesko is suggesting that while you are in out-of-body experience, your astral body is not in your physical body or in your HS.
Really? As far as I can tell Vesko said that the astral body is not fully detached, meaning it is still partly in the physical body.
Then great Thaori, Thao and Micheal delved into earth psychosphore. They aren't in their respective HSs in contradiction of advice suggested by [1].
Their astral bodies were still partly attached to their physical bodies through the silver cord.
With Love
Vesko

When I wrote "Is that really so as the book says?", I meant that the book could be inaccurate, i.e. not cover all possibilities regarding this issue. I said also that OBE is not harmful (I think not :)). Bomo, when the astral body is in the physical body, there is no silver cord because the silver cord is a visual effect seen because of detachment (see the book); when not in OBE or any similar state, it exactly maps to (the word 'marries' is used in the book) the shape of the physical body.
Meedan is right: when the aliens with Michel are accessing the psychosphere (more precisely before and after the experience), Michel explicitly describes that the silver cords attached them to their physical bodies.

Bomo, there indeed could be facilitators, say at the time of death.
I wonder though, if that would be their primary job or if that would be done for a prolonged period of time while being discarnate, then something seems wrong, I think. Yet when we read various books about spirituality, life-long discarnate guardians are said to be the norm. I am open to possibilities, including the book being wrong here in the sense of being incomplete on these points. (But I doubt that because I like Thao :lol:) If there are other discarnate guardians except the HS, I doubt they are life-long...

Have you read Michael Newton's "Journey of Souls" and "Destiny of Souls". I've read only "Destiny of Souls", and while I liked some of it, I found strange those helper, master helper, etc. soul specializations, as they are called in the text. The author reveals a complex hierarchy of discarnate beings, some human, some more than human, that is very reminiscent of the illogical medieval hierachy of angels, etc.
I personally have the following feeling about the described hierarchy -- it seems unnecessarily complex to me. And those uberhuman discarnate entities that were once human -- why didn't they rejoin the Creator after they finished their human evolution, I ask?
Newton has written that he's got this information by hypnotising people over more than 20 years (at least as many years, as far as I remember). But then, we know that we can't just believe those things because it is hypnosis and as such any information is subjected to the minds of the hypnotist and the hypnotized.
GreatIntellect

Just a quick sidenote...
The author reveals a complex hierarchy of discarnate beings, some human, some more than human, that is very reminiscent of the illogical medieval hierachy of angels, etc.
I found it interesting to note that there are 9 levels in the hierarchy of angels. No doubt something that got confused a really long time ago. We would, of course, be the bottom rung of the ladder.
Kestrel

If anyone were to think earth is anywhere near the top of anything. I feel badly for them.

What do they think its like on the bottom of the scale?