Being in relationship with religious... when you were one.

Everyone is related to someone else even if neither one knows it. Here's a place to discuss aspirations toward the perfect relationships with our fellow beings.

Moderator: Moderators

Essene

Re: Being in relationship with religious... when you were one.

Yeah I remember that post, it still only feels like yesterday. At least the truth is coming out although I understand how you can not even tell your parents about TP. I remember giving TFOC to my aunt as a birthday present and I don't think she read it or if she did didn't really believe it as she is also more or less christianized. Although I'm glad I did it because I remember it being on the dresser in the living room and my cousins boyfriend picked it up and looked interested. I don't know if it has helped or if anyone in that side of the family has learnt anything but at least it is there.

Keep us updated on whats going on, at least they havn't seemed to of acted aggressively.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Zio

Well, one week have passed and... our lifestyle didn't change at all XP, except that I don't need to go to church activities anymore. Though it's weird that it's been since Thursday night (when I emailed him) that I haven't spoken a single word with my brother, even if we see each others often. My other older brother will come back to visit us in December, so I'm waiting for his reaction since we don't communicate over the internet/phone (or few).

Well, back to school work now. cya.
Robanan

They can't confront you if they don't know "why". My guess is that sooner or later they will find out, even if you won't tell them (my parents didn't, they never cared enough, so I guess better parents would care more). I'd suggest you to see if there's anything you can do or learn beforehand, to dampen the shockwaves just in case the moment of truce would come... unexpectedly.

Since you are "relatively" small, they most likely understand that it can't be something you came up on your own behind the kitchen table... hope you know what I mean.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Zio

I would say that my parents also don't want to ask questions. Dunno, it seems like we all understand each others when something like that happens.

For example, when our pet died almost a year ago, no one ever said anything about it. We just agreed on it by ourselves and went on with life. We still haven't "talked" about it since then :P

We always treated each others as independent and mature. More like roommates in the same house. So yeah, everything is really back to normal.

Although that you're right when you said I have to learn more, but it's more for the other people who want to know from me.
teradactyl

Zio wrote:As some of you know, I am "officially" a Christian. But having a need of knowledge and wisdom, I seek more and more deeply, having read a lot about Bernard Werber's controversial books, until I discovered TP and TFOC... I just finished TP today.

The problem is not me knowing that it's true, it's what will happen to me next? I have kept my projects unrevealed to anyone, even my own brothers. No one knows that I don't believe in christianity anymore. And I don't like them to learn it, neither I don't like telling them about TP.

My whole family is baptised, my whole family back in my origin's country are christians. I live in a christian world.

I have fellowship every Friday, and worse of all, I was almost elected President of my fellowship. They require us to be baptised to be president, except the Junior Fellowship, the one I'm in. But I'm still Vice-President/treasurer. I have to do the "offering prayer", and thanks to Lobsang Rampa, I know the power of prayers... but "christian" prayer is not the same in many points.

What can I do without revealing that I "believe" in something else than Christianity? Should I get baptised?... of course not, now that I know the real message of Christ. But if I don't, my family will notice it...

If I don't what about when I'm getting married, and have kids (even thought I think we will die before that)? Christianity prefer us to married only christians, because "they" might influence our beliefs...

How much chance do I have to encounter a woman, especially here in Quebec, Canada, who knows about Thiaoouba and who was christian (not much importance here) before (especially when you're chinese, born spanish and have grow in Canada)?

What about Grace? Since Christ didn't died for our sins (or am I wrong here?), then do we really have to live many lives to repair our Karma as some religions say? TP talk about Christianity, but what about the other religions?

Sorry if I the answer is somewhere else in the forum, I don't really have time to read all topics, and this concern only myself.

I have an amazing open-mindeness, or else I wouldn't even have read TP. You can spit at my face, and I won't be angry. You can criticize me, I won't cry. But as you must know, we are here to build ourselves spiritually, and I don't think there's immatures here... I hope.

Lastly, I have pity for my fellow friends in Church, who don't know anything and proclaming things that I know it's not true now. I feel seperated from them, like if a hindu came to our Church. When everyone sings, I have not the heart for it.

When there's something that's not true, I try to tell them without them noticing it doesn't come from their beliefs... they will take it as modern science when I talk about the secrets of color, or the cold magnetic force of the planet...
wow zio, i'd like to know where your head is at now 6 yrs later. are you around?? i hope you did not continue your ascention and have chosen to follow your own path instead. please let us know!
Om Mani Padme Om
teradactyl

ok i read the rest, its been 4+ yrs since your LAST post. any chance you told your brothers? :sail:
Om Mani Padme Om
Zio

I'm still around, since TP is the one thing that freed me from the chains of organized religion and taught me how to look at life in different perspectives. My family knows (but my parents still nag me), and my religious friends kinda implicitly knows that I'm not involved anymore. For everyone else, I just represent myself as a freelancer, since it's too complicated and unnecessary to explain the whole thing.
Rezo

couldn't have said it better, Zio :lol:
Courty

Hi Zio! Are you still here (on the forum) in the beginning of 2018?

Do you still hold the same or similar beliefs to your last post back in 2012?

I loved reading your post (though I know its from a long time ago)! Very interesting stuff.

Curious what has happened in your life since then!
Everything happens for a reason and for the best.