Humorous?

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

bomohwkl

Humorous?

Humourous is a part of intellect ability.

Don't you think sometimes certain humour is really make you less serious and even portraying stupidity?

Don't you think sometimes certain humour could distort true expression of your thoughts?

So what actually is humour that doesn't portray stupidity of yourself, doesn't distort your true expression of your thoughts and yet funny??

The irony of life perhaps?
Meedan

Don't you think sometimes certain humour is really make you less serious and even portraying stupidity?
I do think there is a general problem of glorification of stupidity in society, but I don't think that humour is at fault. For example, comedies that show stupid people making humourously stupid decisions are not a problem, the comedy in those shows can still be intelligently crafted. I do not think they glorify stupidity.

Thao laughed at Michel's comparative 'stupidity'.

However, I knew a boy in high school who was not very intelligent (and happy that way), he was constantly making silly mistakes, saying silly things. Instead of just finding his answers funny, his friends glorified him, thinking of him as very funny. This is glorifying stupidity. I do not think this happens in the majority of cases though.

I've never heard any humour that could distort the true expression of thoughts.

What's funny to you is your humour.

There are different 'levels' of humour, there are things that are just funny at face value, and there are more intelligent and thought-requiring jokes. But I don't think there is anything wrong with, nor anything dangerous about humour.

Developing spiritually also includes developing your sense of humour, you can't do that without using it. :D
With Love
Kestrel

Hmm, I never thought of it like that. That makes alot of sence to me when I start considering it however.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
bomohwkl

What's funny to you is your humour?

Humour that display irony of life. Human self-contradicting behaviour....?
Meedan

Sorry bomohwkl, I don't understand.
With Love
Yothu

So what actually is humour that doesn't portray stupidity of yourself, doesn't distort your true expression of your thoughts and yet funny??
What immediately came to my mind are Sufi Stories as told by Idries Shah that I like very much. On the surface to some people they seem to be no more than funny stories, but in fact they consist of more than one layer. Through this the stories are able to communicate understanding of deeper concepts, ideas and of course problems of the common man; done in a funny and yet wise way.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.