Redistribution of Money

Do you want to change our current monetary system? Do you want to be involved in a project to INSPIRE billions of people by providing CONTRAST through EXAMPLIFYING yourself that a prosperous civilisation can be founded based on UNIVERSAL LAWS?

Moderator: Moderators

Matt

Redistribution of Money

I believe a civilization is defined by how well it takes care of it's most unfortunate citizens. We can accomplish this by redistributing wealth to close the income gap between the rich and the poor to produce a more balanced lifestyle for everyone.

How can we do this? What if you set up a local non-profit organization in your local area, that takes donations and redistributes that money via monthly checks to everyone in your area (everyone as to be non-discriminatory)? The amount of money sent could be based upon demographics - the poorer areas of town receive more of a percentage cut. Local church-goers and philanthropists would wholly support such a movement. People would also not become dependent on the checks as they wouldn't be able to count on how much money they would receive every month.

And if this movement was supported by enough people, technically speaking, the money system would actually become non-existant in your area. Everyone would have almost the same amount of money.

Just a thought to chew on I suppose
Krad

Re: Redistribution of Money

As long as humans wants more and more the gap between the rich and the poor could not be closed.
Not to say that even if it would, there is still no guarantee that people would THINK.
The only way to close the gap would be making a self-sufficient farm, where the poor (the rich would not like to) could live.
But the ultimate goal is to make people THINK.
As for this, you cannot force others to think, but maybe you can eliminate the barrier, which, in this case is the misinformation.
Zio

I wouldn't go as far as defining civilization - there's lots more. I know it sounds like it's the solution for our civilization to become better, but it's definitively not one at all. The wishes for world peace and stuff like that will never happen and would not solve the problem. That is why I agree with Krad on making people think.

We could see communism as close to being the "balance of wealth". But as you can see, making everyone equal in wealth... well you know. I think that on Earth, the wealth gap between rich people and poor people makes people think. It's the simple analogy of the white dots on black paper. It's because of darkness that we can see light. Everything has a purpose, and I think Earth is like this for us to think and learn.

We'll reserve wealth equality to higher category planet. please. :)
bomohwkl

Matt wrote: How can we do this? What if you set up a local non-profit organization in your local area, that takes donations and redistributes that money via monthly checks to everyone in your area (everyone as to be non-discriminatory)? The amount of money sent could be based upon demographics - the poorer areas of town receive more of a percentage cut. Local church-goers and philanthropists would wholly support such a movement. People would also not become dependent on the checks as they wouldn't be able to count on how much money they would receive every month.
That wouldnt work. Simply that people who work harder end up earning the same with people who just simply too lazy till they don't work. That's always the problem of well-fare state. Why should I find a job that pay below the money that the govenment pay me during my unemployement??? In third world, people works harder. Bearing the weather, hot , rainny , windly or cold just to go from house to house to distribute newpapers . You don't see working adults doing such in developing country. You simpky earn more just staying unemployed....LOL
Rich or poor, the most important is understanding your role and purpose within the universe and align your life with that purpose.