Serpents of Wisdom

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Vesko

dloheb wrote:I wanted to comment on what Faust said about judgement, and I have to agree.. it's obvious you have to judge things in order to know about them while at the same time not being hypocritical (it's also not ones place to "cast them to hell", so to speak).. what I'm getting at is that I think that people often misinterperate the idea of "no judgement" and in a way (perhaps a very real way) give up their critical thinking skills.. which is basically the problem to begin with.
I agree with you and dr_faust, see "Judging others" in the "General Spirituality and Healing" forum. I think you should add those stances to the topic , because there is still argument there.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
dloheb

nevermind
dloheb

The greek, if you're still around, I'd like some clarification if this is directly related to Theosophy.

and what is meant by an 'earthly saint' when Edda talks about what the Masters are not?

edit: and here's a big thing, it keeps saying in the book that if we weren't decieved by words we would know the master already.. as though we already know a master and would be able to recognize them if we weren't ignorant... but is this really true? Do I misunderstand something here? (aside from self-mastery)
dr_faust

dloheb wrote:The greek, if you're still around, I'd like some clarification if this is directly related to Theosophy.

and what is meant by an 'earthly saint' when Edda talks about what the Masters are not?

edit: and here's a big thing, it keeps saying in the book that if we weren't decieved by words we would know the master already.. as though we already know a master and would be able to recognize them if we weren't ignorant... but is this really true? Do I misunderstand something here? (aside from self-mastery)
I am him. I do know know anymore. However I still think it is true. A way to attempt to understand something is to make an analogy. In any field of activity, how do we recognize masters of the trade? Is it by what they wear? Is it by what they say?

Also, how do we gain the trust of someone? I think these questions are useful in attempting to answer your questions. I believe that this frame of mind should be absolutely fundamental and universal when it comes to assertaining any kinds of truths..whether it's earthly or spiritual it shouldn't matter.
dloheb

Re: Serpents of Wisdom

Yeah well I thought you forgot that password on Dr. Faust..

Time flies, suprised you posted here recently

This book, Serpents of... was the only book that stayed with me from those days. The only one which still rings true. It truly opened me up to real knowledge. Not that I know much, but I know more, althoguh I admit i put too much value in things that don't matter and still struggle ona daily basis. I guess that's life.

Well I guess that's true, I agree and well said but if there was a master infront of me I think I could tell. Then again I've had my face too close to the glass before. He swears, not a master. He shows off, not a master. He is usuing sneaky tactics to get money from me, not a master. Tails me on the pothole ridden 401 highway and flashes his light at me, not a master. sO that narrows downa lot of people. But it's not like I'm bumpign into them on a daily basis. I think I'd waste too much of their time asking him/her questions

I still have so many questions now that I think about it. I guess it doesn't matter when the principles make sense to you. Then you have to act on them and use them, and I'm sure if you did that life would unfold with the answers in tow. Already in some ways it has unfolded for me and I can be as materialistic as they come.

By the way I didn't really understand what you were refering to in my post there. What do you think is true?
dloheb

Re: Serpents of Wisdom

"You may be on the path but these checks are essential, because it's easy to be distracted"

Easy to be distracted.. you're telling me!