Loud Noise

Discussion on preserving Nature: preventing the pollution, destruction and disbalancing of the finely-tuned natural ecosystems on our planet.

Moderator: Moderators

rishmash

Re: Loud Noise

Rezo,

I share a similar history, only I ran a club for 9 months with loud bands. I have been to a lot of very loud music gigs. Never got into the dance party scene too much, and I am glad about that. I know of people who used to go to outdoor techno festivals that were so loud that one person said to me it felt like she was being ripped apart/shattered by the noise. Her boyfriend mouthed to her, because there was no way they could hear each other, that it was not loud enough [-X

I have no doubt done a great deal of damage to my astral body over time. I used to get stoned a lot when I was younger and listen to music at full volume through head phones. To this day, I have a terrible terrible terrible memory (it is like being 38 and having dementia), my spelling has declined immensley etc. I work in statistics, and every time I do some advanced analysis, even if I have done it numerous times before, it feels like I am learning it for the first time.

I am only 38, and in a crowded room, the distortions from too much noise are intense.

I still love music, and will on occassion play it loud, but not in the way I used to.

I think I have a few more lifetimes added due to my decadence and self-destructiveness :-({|=

Oh well, times are good, long live noise, good noise that is.

Imagine those poor dudes that spend their days jack-hammering.

I will be seeing those boys on the reincarnation train for many lives to come, especially if they spend their nights getting drunk and stoned.

R
ptex

Hi Rishmash,
I'm sure you don't need many lifetimes to repair the damage you may have done.
You have this life right here and now to do as much as you can about it! Being aware of this is more than half the way to succeeding!!

As you know we're always in contact with our Higher Self, develop a way to successfully communicate with you Higher Self, either through meditation, lucid dreaming, astral travel, any concentration technique and you'll get the answers you look forward. Your life purpose can be in this!
Notice that one thing is regarding yourself, but your reach can go well beyond your self and if whatever you do has a positive effect on others you're actually multiplying your own progress and clearing your Karma along the way automatically.

I once considered starting to speak out about noise pollution, kind of an anti-noise peaceful activist. I got strayed with the great amount of other thing we can discover. But I never gave up spirituality!
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Rezo

im very aggravated right now because i technically live in a city and as i write theres leaf blowers outside a blazin', but no leaves.....helicpoters flying around and landing at like 5 am.....car alarms going off...[clever invention those are :roll: ]. i guess people believe in noise as their god and saviour, and it really ticks me off that I have to deal w/all that....sorry, but lately its really getting to me.
Rezo

paper on noise and hippocampus [2002, revised 2006, from Stephen Dolle [phd unofficial?]]

http://www.dollecommunications.com/Neur ... sStudy.htm

seems to suggest hyper-sensitivity [?] as result of longterm noise exposure ... my focus was to look for papers w/discovery of non-auditory processing effects from noise. in this case, the hippocampus. results for 'treatment' of this, he says, were beneficial, when specific low intensity sounds were done for short periods [drums, other syncopated rhythms].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocampus
Rasmus

Anyone got experience with tinnitus?

Got it for like 2-3 years now. Always use earplugs when I play music (I'm a musician), I only practice acoustic instruments at home but I also play in a band some times, where lots of amplifiers and loud sound is around me. The symptoms has increased more and more even though I am VERY careful with sounds reaching my body.
I have lots of friends who expose themselves to enormous levels of sound weekly/daily, with or without earplugs, still they don't have a single trace of tinnitus or any relating problems. Some of them have played music for up to 10-20 years. And I end up with these problems, 19 years old (was 16 when I got tinnitus).
Somehow I have begin to suspect that tinnitus is a sort of damage-warning about the astral body - From the higher self. At least this is how my view has been on it since I got it myself, it has drastically changed my life.
Robanan

Hi rishmash,

I don't think that headphones can produce the amount of loudness needed to damage your astral body, nevertheless they can make you feel completely uncomfortable even while listening to the nicest music that you like (I like psychedelic and notzhonot trance myself) and that (the feeling of discomfort) seems to be the red line that -apparently- one shouldn't cross because loudness beyond it will harm not only your astral body but also your physical body (i.e. ear problems are very common among those who use headphones).

Hi Rasmus,
Try not using earplugs, I'm serious... trust your ears to tell you what amount of loudness is too much for you to take. You play acoustic instruments, you tune them to give you the right notes, your astral body is also an instrument, if I may, I would suggest you try and experiment with how loudness and other stuff you got there make you feel and aim for the best of them, the feelings one gets when the music one hears has got everything right in it is so euphoric you wouldn't change a second of it with the whole universe.
By using earplugs you easily expose yourself to sounds that are several time too loud for you without you even noticing it. One guy I know compares it with taking anesthetics and jumping into a tub of boiling water.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.