Sharing of the yearly forum hosting expenses<previous years>

News, announcements and technical support for the forum. Report any related problem and be sure it is going to be solved :).

Moderator: Moderators

ptex

Sharing of the yearly forum hosting expenses<previous years>

Dear friends,

We're approaching the renewal deadline of the yearly domain and hosting charges and we'd like to invite your participation in the sharing of forum expenses.

Below you'll find an extract of the billing statement with the several items and their respective price:
  • Date Due: Nov 19, 2007

Transaction type: Description__________________Amount

Previous Balance: credit from last year's discount as explained
    in the following post .................................................. -11.68

Hosting: Professional Web Hosting............................... 114.75
    Hosting: Database: Update Database quota..................... 9.00
    Consulting: Dedicated IP............................................. 30.00
    Hosting - DNS: Update DNS quota by 1 domain(s)............ 17.50

Balance Due........................................................... 159.57

Credit:
    Paypal account balance (30-Oct-2007 11:45 GMT)......... 56.92
    Total contributions this year..................................... 176.58

Current amount needed to cover expenses: .................. 0.00
All contributions are very much welcome and if the donations go beyond the value mentioned they'll account for the next year's expenses including the forthcoming domain name renewal and the digital certificate needed.

Donations are accepted through Paypal - click the link "Make a donation above.
All the values are in US Dollars.

I'll update daily the data regarding the contributions and current value needed.

Thanks for your continued support!
Last edited by ptex on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
shezmear

uhhmmmm, money, money, money...
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
ptex

shezmear wrote:uhhmmmm, money, money, money...
Indeed it is, but we need to address it nevertheless.

In previous years all financial and technical support was done by a single individual: Vesko who stoically stood all the hardship of doing everything alone. Last year, we felt it was high time to start sharing the forum expenses among forum members strictly in a voluntary manner and according to each member's possibility / willingness. We're renewing the initiative this year, in a timely manner to allow possible member's contributions.

This is not the most pleasant initiative to take, still, as I mentioned above, it's needed and thus here it is. I apologize for the inconvenience.

The forum is for many of us a very worthy resource and I want to make sure it continues being so for a long time to the enjoyment of all.

We keep all contributions and personal information strictly anonymous and respect each person's request.

If something doesn't feel right, for whatever reason, please state your opinion and I will be glad to assist in clearing all doubts / issues and making the process as transparent as possible.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
shezmear

ptex you misunderstood me...

I`ll send you some money in the next couple of weeks I need to get the paypal thing fired up again, there is no money in my account.
J.C
ptex

Hi Shez,

I know you're one of the greatest supporters of the forum and thus I didn't misunderstand you but I felt it was time to clear a few things up for some members who arrived recently and who probably missed the previous posts on this subject.

Thanks!!
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
shezmear

o.k, who does your little pictures , their crackers... :lol:
J.C
ptex

:lol: I know, I got a laugh myself when doing this. If you're interested point your browser to: http://www.messdudes.com/ sorry for the off-topic post ;)
~William Wordsworth
ptex

Target met: Thanks!!

I'm happy to announce that we have already gathered the required amount to pay the current expenses regarding the domain hosting services for 1 more year, thanks for the kind and generous donations we received!

Our next targets are the domain name renewal ( currently $7.99 USD ) and digital certificate ( currently $12.88 USD ) with the renewal dates of 1st Aug, 2008 and 2nd May, 2008 respectively.

Our sincere thanks for your marvelous support to all those involved! :thumright:
ptex

Re: Important: Sharing of the yearly forum hosting expenses

We have new updates to the donations with the payment of the Digital Certificate of the forum site and also with the most recent very generous donation we received.
ptex

We've renewed the forum domain name for another year.

You can see below the current balance of the forum contributions / expenses during 2008:
Date Description Value Total
  Previous balance$86.88 USD
Apr. 25, 2008 Site Digital Certificate purchase (2008/2009)-$14.88 USD$72.00 USD
May 19, 2008 New Donation$145.27 USD$217.27 USD
July 09, 2008 Domain Name Renewal-$7.99 USD$209.28 USD
  Current Balance$209.28 USD
ptex

Dear friends,

Since we're approaching the deadline for the payment of our yearly expenses regarding the forum web hosting, I'd kindly appeal to your generous support to help us meet this charge.

This year we already have $18.09 and since the total we need up to 19th of November is $153.75 we're only lacking $135.66 USD. This is our target until 19th Nov 2009.

The individual charges according the billing statement we received is as follows:

Date Description Amount
---------- ------------------------------------------- ---------
10/21/2009 Web Hosting........................ $114.75
10/21/2009 Database quota..................... $9.00
10/21/2009 Dedicated IP........................ $30.00

Subtotal............................................. $153.75
All prices are in US Dollars

In order to contribute, please click the "Donate" button above.

Your kind participation is most welcome.

Thanks!