Music in the times of MU in comparison with MJ

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

legiwei

Music in the times of MU in comparison with MJ

I just watch Michael Jackson's "This is IT" concert and I was totally amazed by the quality of the music and efforts that has been put into producing the concert that never happened. I was never a fan of MJ. I went into the movie with no expectation and thinkin probably it will be loads of interview and perhaps some dancing moves here and there. And boy was I wrong.

And it struck me whether MJ's music could be in anyway compared against the music of those in the Mu civilisation. According to Michael, their musics follows very much closely to the sounds by Nature. I do hope Michael Desmarquet could like provide an answer to this. :D
Adam

Re: Music in the times of MU in comparison with MJ

I don't think MJ's music sound anything like the sounds of nature? Well, except Earth Song.
legiwei

You are very right and that is why I ask that question. MJ produce music and dance based on our current civilisation instruments which I felt to be very inspiring and meaningful but not to be imitating sounds of nature. But his music is outstanding to me and further he has a wide variety of music mix and most of it is doing well. In a way, he has kinda brought all kinds of people from all walks of life and they all could enjoy his music. And what is most outstanding of all is his care of mother nature which is one of his primary purpose of making those concerts. The Earth song from ths film is truly outstanding in my opinion.

I would like to know how good is his music if it could be compared against the music produced by the Mu.
Rasmus

Mainstream music of today is focused on how many who will listen and much less on how it will affect people.
The art of music is in many cases lost, in the name of money.
Music is a language, a way to express yourself.

About the imitation of nature sounds, much of traditional music and classical music is inspired by nature sounds, from bird song for example. Though in these pieces the key is not the imitation of sounds, just the inspiration.
It seems like nature in all parts is designed to inspire us. O:)

"Music exists to make people smarter, commercial music is designed to make people stupid." - Bob Brozman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oPXRWRxda8 If you want to listen to an inspiring interview with him.

".. music used to come from musicians and spread out into the world. Around -72 when the Rock'n'roll died and it was replaced with Rock, the corporations figured out how to get control of it. And now music comes from top to down, except from the margins where I work. But in pop-music, it's from the top-down."
joao vieira

I agree im 26 living in 2012 and my favorite radio is Nostalgia.