Ghosts?

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Yothu

Ghosts?

Hi everybody!

Anybody knows some books that deal with ghost and associated phenomena. My interest on this subject is growing and I have to feed my hunger :)

Any info is welcome and appreciated
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Vesko

"Practical Psychic Self-Defense: Understanding and Surviving Unseen Influences" by Robert Bruce. It deals with a variety of techniques of countering and descriptions of various types of what Robert Bruce calls negative entities, or negs. I have it, but my current opinion is that most of it is not true -- similarly to my sentiments about the werewolves that we discussed recently. But of course, see for yourself.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Yothu

Yes, thanks Vesko!
I read that one too. I liked it hehe :oops:

What I am now searching for is something more detailed not only about the negative aspects of ghost, but in general. I am searching for the book that could have been written, when Thao would have explained more about ghost haunting places they either loved or hated. You understand, this is what I am searching for.

I am asking for a recommendation, because this is going to shorten my period of sorting junk from diamonds. I thought maybe someone has a nice diamond in petto.

Of course if I get to know about some good lecture, I'll post here
Alisima

I don't have any books on ghosts, or related phenomenon. But I do know people who have auric sight and said that they saw an aura float around in there room without a physical body.

I believe them. It could just be an OBE-er though.
Don't read my signature.
Labinola

Ghosts?

Lobsang Rampa talks about ghosts in one of his books "You - Forever".
As the body does not die instantly, traces of the aura may linger on. Thus it is that a person who is clairvoyant can see in the aura of a dead person and why that person expired. The etheric is of a different nature from the aura, and the etheric may continue for some time as a detached phantom, especially if a person has died violently, suddenly. With the death of the body, the etheric becomes detached and floats away. By magnetic attraction it will undoubtedly visit its former haunts, and if a clairvoyant person is about or a person who is highly excited (i.e their vibrations increased), then that person will be able to see the etheric and will exclaim, "Oh! The ghost of so-and-so!" - page 26
What is the etheric?
The etheric is the magnetic field which surrounds the human body. It is the forerunner of the aura, the "nucleus" of the aura, as one might say. In some people the etheric covering extends for about an eighth of an inch around every part of the body, even around the individual strands of hair. In other people it may extend for some inches, but not often more than six inches. The etheric can be used to measure the vitality of a person. It changes considerably with the health. If a person has done a hard day's work, then the etheric will be very close to the skin, but after a good rest it will extend perhaps for inches. It follows the exact contours of a mole or a pimple. - page 20
How do you see the etheric?
If you want to be able to see the etheric and the aura, you must practice. One way is to get a willing subject and get that person to extend a bare arm. Have the fingers outspread, the arm and fingers should be a few inches away from some neutral or black background. Look towards the arm and the fingers, not directly at it, but towards it. There is just a little knack in looking at the right place in the right way. As you look you will see clinging closely to the flesh something that looks like a bluish-greyish smoke. As we said, it extends perhaps an eighth of an inch, perhaps six inches from the body. Quite often a person will look toward the arm and see nothing but the arm; that may be because they are trying too hard, it may be because they "cannot see the wood for the trees." Let yourself become relaxed, do not try too hard, and with practice you will see that there really is something there.

Another way is to practice on yourself. Sit down and make yourself quite comfortable. Place yourself so that you are at least six feet away from any other object, be it a chair, table or wall. Breathe steadily, deeply, and slowly, extend your arms to full length, place your finger tips together with your thumbs upwards so that just your finger tips are in contact. Then, if you part your fingers so that they are about an eighth of an inch - a quarter of an inch - apart you will perceive "something". It may look like a grey mist, it may look almost luminous, but when you see that, then very very slowly draw your fingers further apart, a quarter of an inch at a time, you will soon see that there is "something" there. That "something" is the etheric. If you should lose contact, that is, if the faint "something" should vanish, then touch your finger tips together and start all over again. It is just a matter of practice. - page 22
I have tried practicing on myself using one of his techniques. On my first try, I saw a yellow-green glow around my finger tips. On my second, third, fourth and so on, I began seeing different colors like aqua and grey-blue. I recommend practicing in a dim, quite room.

I hope this helps.
Yothu

Hi Labinola!

Welcome,

I see this greenish glow often around my fingers. I look away and back (as a "test") and see the glow again. Often, when I hold my hand in a steady position, when I move it I can see an "afterimage" of my hand (mostly of a brighter shade than the background) as long as half a minute.

What is interesting in this sense is that I've been to a pub some time ago with loose friends (a good example), we sat down and ordered something. A colleague of mine is a very beautiful girl. Now, there's been a guy which sat besides her and he got very nervous and confused (chemical reaction heh) and thus he uttered that he's "confused". He left for bathroom and I sat where he sat a minute before. When I sat there I overwhelmingly got confused and told my pretty colleague that this guy is confused, ech...

She found that "cute". I did not like the state I am in. Well, fortunately, it did not last too long. Enough for me to "notice".

On September 17th I recorded the following experience:

Tonight I woke up (apparently) in the middle of the night, feeling that some presence was standing with each foot at the side of my head, as if somebody stands above you looking on your chest.

I suspect it was my grandmother visiting me. To cut a long story short: I had slept with a necklace of hers (her favorite, as my mom told me afterwards) under my bed for a month now (it happened a few weeks ago that I had a similiar experience).
Today I returned this necklace to my mother and I think it's o.k. now

Before I had experienced such as when being in a light trance I could sorta see thru my eyes. Not in technicolor, but in shades of blue. I watched my ceiling. The next instant somebody (!!) stepped over my face, rested there for a second and went diagonally thru me right into the wall (!).

Another strange story: I was in trance when I awoke in my dream or projected (I honestly don't know - I do not consciously project yet) and moved in funny curves around in my room. I could not control movement, it was like I was moving in sorta "rollercoaster", and in spirals. When I looked through the slit of my opened door to my mini-hallway I noticed that dark shadows were "trapped" behind the door. Whoooaah. That gave me a froze. And I pulled back to my body again.

I've been reading the emerald tablet's of Thoth lately, maybe that gave my imagination a burst-out...
Yothu

Weird thing:

Two weeks ago or so I was awoken by a knocking (!) from down under my bed. I was physically awoken by the sensations on my torso (I was lying with my face on the pillow), almost as if somebody was beating up from the inside of my bed. Inside my bed I have a storage room for pillows and blankets. Imagine a coffin and somebody in there trembling on the upside and you got me right.

And, just now, I've been doing trance exercises. I was tired from work and lay in my bed and began to slowly drift off. When I got into light trance I "saw" somebody in front of me (the term "seeing" is not very appropriate, more feeling than seeing a "shadow") hitting me in my chest. I could feel that blow on my chest. After that I felt a hit on top of my head, just as if somebody hits you from above with a ruler or something.
Robanan

Yothu wrote:Weird thing:

Two weeks ago or so I was awoken by a knocking (!) from down under my bed. I was physically awoken by the sensations on my torso (I was lying with my face on the pillow), almost as if somebody was beating up from the inside of my bed. Inside my bed I have a storage room for pillows and blankets. Imagine a coffin and somebody in there trembling on the upside and you got me right.

And, just now, I've been doing trance exercises. I was tired from work and lay in my bed and began to slowly drift off. When I got into light trance I "saw" somebody in front of me (the term "seeing" is not very appropriate, more feeling than seeing a "shadow") hitting me in my chest. I could feel that blow on my chest. After that I felt a hit on top of my head, just as if somebody hits you from above with a ruler or something.
Could you identify the source of the knocking?

Why would somebody do anything like that to you? How do you imagine the someone you felt could do something like that?(beat you on your chest and on top of your head)

Does it scare you?

The most intresting part of your stories that has caught my attention are the shadows that you see. Would you please put it into words for me what do you think (have found out) a ghost is (to be)?

It also would be great if you could help me reproduce the experience for myself.
ptex

Unlikely to be a ghost

Yothu, I had 2 experiences quite similar to yours several years ago.
By then I was living in my mother's house and I distinctly remember her mentioning similar repeated experiences with a "shadowy presence" during the night.

One night I was already in bed trying to sleep but had my eyes open and I was looking around in the dark (I could distinguish the forms and shapes of objects from their dim shadows). I was lying on my left side when I suddenly realised that quite beside my bed was a dark humanoid form (everything happened in the midst of obscurity) moving slowly towards the bed. I noticed (absolutely terrified by then) that this form sat on the bed and I felt the bed (mat) inclining slightly with the weight of this form right beside me, maybe 10-20 cm separated from my body... I still remember the fear that took over me and that I wanted to scream and move possibly to pinch myself to make sure I was not dreaming or thouch this presence... but I couldn't move and I also couldn't articulate a single sound, maybe because I was indeed too scared or because that presence was able to control these events and anticipate my possible reaction ... all happened with my adrenaline level raising 300% and this shadowy humanoid form remained there for a few seconds (that seemed like hours to me by then). Then suddenly, as fast as it appeared, it disappeared again... by then I didn't meditate at all!

Some years later (~ 4 years ago) after meditation (around 04:30am) I felt a very similar dark humanoid presence and this time it "physically" (or rather psychically) interfered with me... I was lifted straight in the air by this being or form or whatever we want to call it and I was shown a specific and clear message in front of my own eyes... as this episode finished I realised I was indeed still sitting in my usual half-lotus position in the sofa and (later) realized that somehow this could have been a message I received very much in a similar manner as Michel received from Thao in the episode where he mentions the spacecraft exploding, being cast into space, the comet...

I have written TC about this last event and he advised me to search the answer within but to do it with an open mind and not to dismiss any possibility.
I had no further experiences regarding these dark humanoid presences anymore (I don't live in that house anymore) but although I have searched for answers somehow and until now I remain unsure about the answer. I assume that in the right moment I will instantly know (be shown) the meaning of these episodes.

I've read pretty many similar experiences with the "dark people" on the Internet but I don't believe a single word of what they say! Somehow I feel it's not so and that we only lack the right information. Also I don't really believe they can be the 19% after-death electrons from the astral body often called ghosts. Michel in one of his Meanwell interviews clearly states they cannot cause any direct action upon a physical object!

I have to say that I feel there's no reason to be afraid of them, although I admit the first couple of experiences can be quite frightful. We're all, to a more or less degree, afraid of the unknown don't you agree?
Robanan

Some years later (~ 4 years ago) after meditation (around 04:30am) I felt a very similar dark humanoid presence and this time it "physically" (or rather psychically) interfered with me... I was lifted straight in the air by this being or form or whatever we want to call it and I was shown a specific and clear message in front of my own eyes... as this episode finished I realised I was indeed still sitting in my usual half-lotus position in the sofa and (later) realized that somehow this could have been a message I received very much in a similar manner as Michel received from Thao in the episode where he mentions the spacecraft exploding, being cast into space, the comet...
This is exactly the point that has caught my attention, it seems to me that those beings (even if they are not really phisycal) are surely able to mask themselves just because we expect to see shadows, what if we change our expectations we have to be creative and let go of fear to examine and study these events.
Yothu

Ptex, you're first one is a "hard" one too. I could feel a sense of terror whilst reading it.

@Robanan
Yothu wrote:Two weeks ago or so I was awoken by a knocking (!) from down under my bed. I was physically awoken by the sensations on my torso (I was lying with my face on the pillow), almost as if somebody was beating up from the inside of my bed. Inside my bed I have a storage room for pillows and blankets. Imagine a coffin and somebody in there trembling on the upside and you got me right.
Well, this one frightened me that much that I didn't move in my bed for about half an hour. I did not even seriously consider checking under my bed as there is a certain atmosphere connected to these events that gives me a shiver down my spine. If I recollect now, I should have simply checked, but while it was happening I was not able to. I was really scared, simply because I was awakened by the knocking and I did not have a clue for whatever reason this might happen.

As Ptex describes this gloomy entities seem not to have the ability to cast direct action against a physical entity. I admit I almost never made their acquaintance while in the waking state. Mostly it was shortly before falling into sleep, when you enter a trance. Maybe there is a facility of our minds that makes physical manipulation possible that can be triggered by thoughts alone and thus can be exploited like a security hole in software.

Robanan, I cannot tell you how to reproduce such an effect without playing with matches (with that I mean the many books and rituals that deal with summoning ghostly entities). For the last couple of years it seems I've become more sensitive to such occurences than I've been in the past.
ptex

Yothu wrote:Ptex, you're first one is a "hard" one too. I could feel a sense of terror whilst reading it.
The second one was not exactly an easy one too ;-) But you are right the feeling is the very same! I sense somehow I projected this terrifying sensation that time. Also my second case description was not thouroughly described I ommitted that there was a considerable "oppressive" feeling but not really terror itself.
Yothu wrote:Two weeks ago or so I was awoken by a knocking (!) from down under my bed. I was physically awoken by the sensations on my torso (I was lying with my face on the pillow), almost as if somebody was beating up from the inside of my bed. Inside my bed I have a storage room for pillows and blankets. Imagine a coffin and somebody in there trembling on the upside and you got me right.
Remember your own imagination acts as an event amplifier and if I remember Thao's words correctly, we may actually see what we expect meaning that if we enter the extreme fear zone, you may end up seeing extremely fearful events. Thao illustrates this to Michel, in Page 49 of The Book (you may have to magnify the page to see it properly).
Yothu wrote: I was really scared, simply because I was awakened by the knocking and I did not have a clue for whatever reason this might happen.
If this ever happens again to you or anyone, I would suggest trying to leave the fear aside (as I said I feel it gets in the way) you may be due to receiving a very important message that you'll fail to recognize otherwise.
Robanan wrote:This is exactly the point that has caught my attention, it seems to me that those beings (even if they are not really phisycal) are surely able to mask themselves just because we expect to see shadows, what if we change our expectations we have to be creative and let go of fear to examine and study these events.
I agree 100% with you! Letting go of fear can be difficult but if we concentrate on what Michel says in one of his Interviews with Michael Meanwell: there's nothing in the Universe we should be afraid of, and if we break this fear "wall" I'm certain we'll be surprised with the results.
Yothu wrote:Maybe there is a facility of our minds that makes physical manipulation possible that can be triggered by thoughts alone and thus can be exploited like a security hole in software.
Indeed I agree with you here! It's even ironic to realize how little do we know about our own capabilities and powers.
Yothu wrote:Robanan, I cannot tell you how to reproduce such an effect without playing with matches (with that I mean the many books and rituals that deal with summoning ghostly entities).
I confess my disagreement here. Usually these kind of books are filled with superstition, folklore and other events that confuse and disinform more than anything else and thus are preferably to be avoided or examined with extra caution.
Labinola

Various Dimensions & Shadow People

Lobsang Rampa talks about dimensions (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th) in his book Chapters of Life and he mentions Shadow People in Chapter 4. I also remember him mentioning that there are 9 dimensions all together.
Originally people thought objects had length and breadth. But the matters improved somewhat and people came to the conclusion that there was length, breadth, and thickness, so that people lived in a three-dimensional world; i.e length=one dimension, breadth=two dimensions, thickness=three dimensions. But it is quite obvious that we live in a three-dimensional world. There are other dimensions, such as a fourth, a fifth and so on. To give you something to think about – our three-dimensional object has length, breadth, and thickness, but here is another dimension; how long will it exist? So we have a fourth dimension of Time. Time becomes a fourth dimension in this case.
A three dimensional object such as a house or a person or a tree casts a two-dimensional shadow, because the shadow has length and breadth but no thickness. Of course, in other planes of existence we should say that the shadow also has a further dimension, that of time, the time of its enduring. But let us forget that for a moment and say that a three-dimensional object casts a two-dimensional shadow. We can assume that a four-dimensional object would show a shadow of three dimensions, so those of you who have seen a ‘ghost’ may have actually seen the shadow of a person in a fourth dimension. A ghost is a person who has apparent breadth, thickness and height, but is of somewhat shadowy substance, as shadowy as a shadow in fact. So why should it not be that our fourth dimensional visitor, who is invisible to us because of his four dimensions, nevertheless manifests to us in three dimensions, or as a ghost which has form without substantial substance.
Once again, I hope this helps somehow.
bomohwkl

ghost?