Cooperation Experiment

Everyone is related to someone else even if neither one knows it. Here's a place to discuss aspirations toward the perfect relationships with our fellow beings.

Moderator: Moderators

ronald

Cooperation Experiment

I like to devise a cooperation experiment for our forum members.
In this forum community we are related by same and similar interests, mainly spiritual in nature.

I'd like to test our level of cooperation, and as part of our spiritual relationship, in some form or another reach a common agreeable result.

Thinking how to suggest an experiment in cooperation the following came to my mind;
Why not hold a mock election, Mu style, on the most helpful or interesting topic posted on this forum in recent times.

Would you be interested in joining such an experiment?
Rezo

Re: Cooperation Experiment

yes - lets try it
bomohwkl

ronald wrote: Why not hold a mock election, Mu style, on the most helpful or interesting topic posted on this forum in recent times.

Would you be interested in joining such an experiment?
How would it be possible as all of us scattered all over the world except each of us are willing to gather a place somewhere where someone is willing to host the place and accommodation free of charge. :D
ronald

That place is called the Golden Planet Forum
ronald

Just an update on this experiment. From my point of view it is going as expected, a lot has been observed and learned in the meantime.
ET-1

Question is what can each do to cultivate and ensure that there be enriching cooperation for each and all... even from those who seek to just take advantage of everything?

Cheers et

Pd what have you learned in the meantime?

Cheers et
Rijzerlo

It sounds like a good initiative, but what would be the effect of the outcome? This poster is the most intelligent and therefore the best?

Or are we just looking at a fun experiment to follow some rules from Mu, to see if they can be applied in this forum?

I am always up for fun :D
ronald

I've learned so far that real cooperation requires the same or similar goal to be willed for by those who participate and that often the goals among people are so different, a step back has to be taken before even considering a form of cooperation.
It does work well if you throw in some money for the individual goals become somewhat synchronized although I would say that this is a fools means to obtain lasting cooperation.

I'm for the fun part as well. :pharaoh:
ET-1

The outcome would hopefully be to direct us each and all towards learning the effective ways to induce enriching cooperation and transformations even within those who are in it just for themselves.

I am sure some may get into this as some sort of an ego trip to show they are the best most intelligent only to find out the truth :-) which may then become a hurtle to overcome. In a way I am looking for ways to effectively get the bully not to be a bully without bulling them while having some fun. How do we cooperate to ensure the playground games cultivate and reward the good ways?

Deep down everyone shares the same goal : happiness, fulfillment, having a good time, being fun. Lasting cooperation ... eh eh eh its something that be sustained moment by moment and this experiment involves cooperation now... hopefully it can develop into more nows :-)

Cheers et
Rijzerlo

Then I say, fire away!

To be fair, I never look to be the smartest or the best. I find it most forfilling when someone is able to put me into my place, filtering out my faults and redirecting me onto the right path.

Isn't it the best to learn that there is a more effective answer then the one you adopt as the 'right on'. Fine-tuning is great!
ET-1

Rijzerlo,

Good, lets explore and see what results and fine tune it as we go along. I been working on recognizing and consciously choosing the words use, and what these mean. Usually I will take what other state and present possible alternatives for consideration, especially when 'triggered' by certain ideas. The idea is to seek what be best. In practice other stuff usually shows up and I am seeking the better ways to deal with it. Please realize that I can say it wrong, you can get it wrong, and we still somehow manage to communicate just right. Note that twisting the twisted just so can makes it straight! I find it 'forfilling' when someone is able to enrich me as they be enriched, by cultivating an enriching interchange. To be fair, I believe that you have at some time or another looked to be the smartest and the best, that can be quite good. The question is if that ego trip actually served to become smarter and better. I realize that the notion of 'ego trip' can be associated to negative stuff conscious that its actually our choice what we choose to associate to it that determines its association.

Noticed you used the words " fire away"! and wonder what that leads to conceive and experience. Other words also make me wonder and ponder what you be cultivating. As I sort of mentioned above I usually take what be stated and refocus it. For example why do you like others filtering out faults say instead of others enriching and building upon the stuff? BTW I mentioned that I find it 'forfilling' in a humorous manner taking it to be something good. FWIIW there be only one path... question be whether one be going in the right direction? Evidently it seems to everyone that they are going in the right direction the question is whether they be actually going in the right direction.

The best is to learn that the one you adopt as the 'right on' way be the more effective way there exists... because it happens to be the best way to adopt. I am happy to learn the truth even if that means recognizing that what I thought was wasn't. I am even happier with other realities :-) Yea Fine-tuning is great!

Hope this leads to interesting enriching interchanges for each and all

cheers et
ronald

By the way, the initially suggested goal was to;
Select the most helpful or interesting topic posted on this forum in recent times.

Would you all like to keep this as a goal for the experiment or would you like to suggest a more agreeable goal?
The reason why I thought using a forum topic as an object for "election" was that one topic is authored by several people, in other words, I wished to avoid any intentions to make it personal towards one forum member. The writing and discussing of a topic is already a great cooperation IMO and it can show the wonderful interactions between each other while we are growing together.

So a collectively agreeable topic in that sense deserves to stand out, even it not be as perfectly done as our dear book.

We could draw up a short list of recent topics, say from the last 6 months or so and start from there, refining our way up.

I also think it is nice to say that a well done election process can be compared to a fine-tuning for all involved.
Lol, let's make it a fun-tuning :kiss:
ET-1

ronald, et all

I think I sent a response but just in case I didn't. :-) I like the topic of cooperation. The goal of finding effective ways to induce cooperation here to then apply it elsewhere seems quite agreeable to me. To me the question isn't if you, others, me choose to cooperate or not cooperate, the question is HOW we choose to cooperate. This applies to a bunch of other stuff, the questions isn't to intervene or not intervene, the question is HOW to intervene. To be or not to be aint the question its how to be!

I hold cooperation be a core topic we all share and use everyday. Its even at a more fundamental level of 'elections'. As I sort of mentioned recently ( in another thread) sometimes the cooperation process revolves around recognizing embracing and cultivating a particular way. The idea of electing the way to do something seems absurd when considering that something has to be done a specific way for it to actually work. The truth is accepted or rejected not elected! The crux of the matter may revolve around discerning the truth. Then again 'discerning the truth' may be a tactic to facade and distract from the truth and the crux of the matter.

How to collaborate and collectively agree seems like a pertinent issue. To me 'elections' be a charade intended to give an illusion of legitimacy and forcefully impose upon individuals certain ways under the disguise that they agreed to it. Along the lines of - I will tell you what to do if you promise to do it - and - Promise you will do it and I will tell you what to do -. This has been explored in certain movies like AI (artificial intelligence). So how do we 'force collaboration' for the betterment of all when some refuse to participate for the betterment of themselves at the expense of all?

Thiaooubans are welcomed to participate in this experiment, without needing to divulge their identities, from what I recall they should be able to monitor and participate in these interactions quite easily if they so choose to do so. I also think that this process can be, should be, will be a fun-tuning for all involved... especially if each and all so choose to do it that way. If you feel we should focus on something particular as an exercise to then observe, dialogue and explore alternatives to more effectively cooperate I am with you.

cheers et
Rijzerlo

ET,

Some discussions are for deeper searching, others are not. 'Fire away' is just a euphemism for 'let's do it', it has no other meaning. And you are right that there was a time when I tried to be the best in everything, only to figure out that is not the way to go, since one cannot possible be the best at everything.

I am now interested when you are willing to start this experiment? And how it's format will be on this forum?
ET-1

Rijzerlo,

Indeed some discussions and dialogues are for deeper searching, others are not. This cooperation experiment I hold has been going on for quite some time as we been jointly exploring certain pertinent issues related to cooperation. The core topic at the table now as I see it centers on cooperation., how we cooperate, the format it will take... etc.

As a side pertinent note, I wondered what 'euphemism' actually meant and went looking for information and was 'shocked' by what I found :-)! For the implications involved. The dictionary said (euphemism |ˈyoōfəˌmizəm|noun a mild or indirect word or expression substituted for one considered to be too harsh or blunt when referring to something unpleasant or embarrassing : “downsizing” as a euphemism for cuts. ) Just imagine, if' fire away' is a mild indirect expression substituted for one considered to be too harsh and blunt what was the original thing. I sort of have a fixation and somewhat sensitivity towards the particulars words used. I understand and understood that 'Fire away' likely meant 'let's do it'. I desired to point out that those words be usually associated with weapons, war which leads to conceive and experience certain stuff. I just wanted to make explicit the ideas because I trust you actually want a friendly interchange instead of a battle of wits. I take it you are an intelligent good desiring being. I hold that the words we use cultivate stuff and we need to be wise with what we think, say, do, feel, believe. While the words absolute meaning comes from their use and each is ultimately responsible for the way each uses the stuff, a well designed tool ought to keep its operator safe instead of the operator safety depending solely on the operation. I may get on your nerves for questioning and 'challenging' certain stuff or you might wonder, ponder and inquire why I do it. Everything has a reason.

Back to the core topic of this experiment and cooperating. The format thus far has been an interchange where you and I exchange postings pointing out what we find pertinent and moving on with the experiment wherever it leads. The experiment is ongoing focused on cooperation thus far. I hold that to be the key and core topic for now. Welcome any suggestions and coments.

Cheers et