Spiritually Advanced Beings Practicing Polygamy

Everyone is related to someone else even if neither one knows it. Here's a place to discuss aspirations toward the perfect relationships with our fellow beings.

Moderator: Moderators

serena

Spiritually Advanced Beings Practicing Polygamy

Hello, everyone!

Even though I’ve only recently registered, I’ve been following this forum for a few years now (forgive me for not registering sooner…).
Please guide me.

This incredible place has answered many of my questions regarding the book, with a few exceptions. Here goes the first.

It is regarding to our accidental visitors from many, many years ago, whose lives eventually set the foundations to the commonly known story of Adam and Eve.
When I read that Robanan had two wives (and who knows, possibly more), I immediately assumed he and his people must be from only one category up.
I was thus surprised when I read in this thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=259&p=7674&hilit=mi ... ry+7#p7674that they belonged not to category 2, but CATEGORY 7!
I cannot, for the life of me, begin to understand WHY, in a 7th category planet, there is such a thing as the practice of polygamy.
I’ve tried to think of many reasons why I shouldn't feel upset by this:
1)Am I too prejudiced regarding this matter because of what it means here on Earth?
2)Do I not understand love at all?
3)Some other reason my category 1 mind couldn’t possibly come up with?

Thao told Michel we don’t understand sex or love; however, this situation is not what Thao meant, surely?
Perhaps my views of love and sex are too romanticized to see this in a positive light. The very notion of polygamy repulses me in the deepest way, as I’ve always been a firm believer that you can’t be deeply in love with two or more people at once; and the fact that once again it is the man who has several wives brings forth unpleasant feelings of absolute ownership and a woman’s lack of freedom. I’m sure that in a 7th category planet this doesn’t happen, which is why I find it so puzzling!

The only way I could understand this is if the destiny and survival of a people was in jeopardy and you needed to increase the population in order to perpetuate the race. However, Levia and Dina were already married to Robanan before they accidentally crashed on Earth.

I’ve also considered that perhaps one of Robanan’s wives was his twin-flame and the other his soulmate, and, never minding however a farfetched idea it is, can your category 7 self really engage in sexual bliss with someone you know is not your ultimate half (and perhaps only love as a sister)?

Even though I try not to, I find myself somewhat disappointed that a people from a category 7 planet practice polygamy and it makes me question whether I am too romantic, too naïve or don’t know the meaning of romantic love at all.

What do you think? Am I being silly?
ronald

Re: Spiritually Advanced Beings Practicing Polygamy

Welcome!
Your NOT silly, at all :)

Social conditioning can introduce a lot of confusion on this topic. ( I had researched slightly and made a post here The psychology of romance )

There are also some people who wrote on spirituality and polyamory, I found it interesting to research however the topic is often not purely addressed, IOW not focused on learning to love more.. most try to unconsciously divert back to the physical aspects.

I had previously discuss this topic with my wife. (having been married over a decade)
A few conclusions we could find are;
At this age of time, it seems not a priority nor practical, nor achievable to venture into this particular kind of social relationships. Reasons are simple; Lack of time, money, and last but not least, spiritual maturity.

People usually have their hands full up to a good old age in caring for their offspring. Loving your family, wives, husbands, kids etc,.. is a very rewarding spiritual tradition which seems to best fit in our world to move forward and grow yourself and your loved ones spiritually. (I found it helpful to imagine one self being 80 years old and think; what are the factors that gave rise to a satisfied live?)

Never the less, if you imagine your self as a non physical being interacting with utmost love towards all of your fellow spirit contacts, it must not be excluded that love can grow towards a number of people in parallel to your physical family life.
This is only natural, and if that happens, those being successful to deal with a multitude of loves are rare in this world, at least for the moment I think ;)
Rijzerlo

I would like to say I totally agree on you with this Ronald. It is purely our spiritual maturity that cannot conceive such a way of life as plausible. Lack of time and money are factors we create ourselves and do not really contribute to our level of understanding about love and sex.

When thinking about this I came up with the following theory:

Like the Thiaooubans said, we do not understand love and sex. There is no way around it, that's just the way it is. We as level 1 humans consider love and sex as one thing, as if they go hand-in-hand. However, love is one of the higher sensations we can experience here on earth, while sex is an expression of our current level of understanding about love. The urge of sex is actually a very basic natural instinct our physical bodies need to have in order to create continuation of our race. When looking at nature, there are only a few species who are actually able to feel (up to a certain level) love. Swans stay partners for life. Most species just create optimal circumstances to keep their species from extinction.

When taking this in consideration, take the fact that we do not (currently) love many, other than our family and our partners, but we certainly like many people, like our friends. This "liking" is actually very basic too but imagine taking this liking to the next level.

It has been said many times on this forum and in books, but this realm we live in is all about the I, not We. We can come later. It is about self development and the only way to develop spiritually is to let go of all the bad in the world and consider loving instead of hating. While many scream we should love each other, no more room for hate! (some speak truly, some have no idea what they are talking about), it is actually very important to learn that in order to spiritually mature yourself. But we are, in our current state never able to really understand love and how it works. We only feel the very beginning of it and it is already overwhelming.

Now, take both factors. Sex as the natural urge, Love as an all-enveloping feeling that can only grow

You should see that love can be found in all of us and surrounding all of us. Making us able to love not only every person on the planet, but also every animal, every plant, every raindrop, everything in the Universe. Sex is just a very basic (animalistic) expression of love in our state and will go further to the background, the higher you get spiritual.

Why does Robanan have two wives? Only because (like in nature) the male spreads his seed among many female in order to create optimal conditions for the continuation of the species. Females can not conceive more than ones over a period of time. But it is definitely not a flaw or anything, we here on earth still consider having more wives as suppressing and discriminative. Robanan and his wives would have been able to love a whole lot more people than just the one soulmate. In my theory, Robanan, Levia and Dina, were together because they were optimal partners in procreating. While this companionship has little to do with love. They would have been able to love many, many people on their planet. Maybe even everyone.

So, to conclude: Try considering love and sex as a separate thing. You can grow in love, you can only get better at sex. Love is a talent, sex is a skill. We as earthlings simply do not know better than to combine the two, because on this level, they are close to each-other.

Monks are prohibited to have sex their entire life. While modernism has clouded the real reason for it (and some do it while not having a clue at all), the monks do this purely for their spiritual growth. They spend their entire live trying to learn more in the ways of love. Sex is just a tool of nature and we cannot be enlightened if we are not able to shake this very basic urge and consider it only for what it is, procreation. Robanan and his wives knew this. Like always the answer lies in love.
BlueHaze

I've also been thinking about this and came to similar conclusions as Ronald & Rijzerlo.

Rijzerlo also brought up the comparison of Love vs Sex and I mostly agree about the "just mainly a physical urge" thing, since most of the time for us it really seems like that, however Thao said that there is also a spiritual reason for sex and that the female is allowed a certain period in month when sex can be used for other than procreation.. This has always puzzled me after reading the book as I probably haven't really yet accomplished this benefit fully, but it seems there is a reason other than procreation also..

Another thing about love, totally unrelated to sex, is the possibility to love other than your own.. I've noticed specifically with children it's easy to learn affection to other children than your own. Previously in my earlier life I never really liked children but after having my own I've learned to take care of others as well. Even adoption has now crossed my mind since there are a lot of children who are abandoned by their parents. Previously I could have never thought about this since I thought my child as mine, my own accomplishment, strictly from materialistic point of view.. I think a lot people still think like this, at least it seems this way.. Similar possessive behavior can be seen in marital relationships as well.

In general though it's as if procreation is there to show us about life (from creators point of view) and raising children is one of the best ways to learn that. I understand very well now why universal law prohibits aiding us too much, it's the same as with your children, you can't always be there to rescue them or they will never learn..
ronald

Reading page 162 again, I see the dual reason is explained. :)

I agree. Care to any child as being a parent, is equally important and wonderful.
bomohwkl

quite a while ago, i remembered Steve wrote an article on polygamy...... dont know where exactly is the articles
http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/
BlueHaze

Going back to romantic love because I feel it was not fully discussed yet.. I think the problem lies in our tradition and what we are conditioned to from birth. I'll even go to one extreme and claim that perhaps what we call romantic love is not actually love in purest sense at all but some kind of clinging and wanting. Thus we create all kind of tragedies in our life just because someone doesn't meet our expectations. Isn't this what happens in almost every relationship at some point?

I understand this is quite a large topic to handle, so forgive me if I do not handle all perspectives here. However I will put one question on the table which I think is worth pondering: considering that we are actually traveling souls, doesn't it seem kind of silly to invest your whole life on one card? Thus our prevailing idea of one true love already seems quite limited. I do agree love between two people is always something special, I know having experienced it myself, and also the negative side of it. Still, in the end it will come to the fact that we will always be separate, and yet we will always be together. It takes some time to fully understand this. If it feels harsh and hard to accept, consider the possibility that during the time your soul has traveled through the universe you may have had several marriages already? If you could remember them one day, would you feel differently?
ronald

I agree. IMO the Iargans seem to be on the right track with this.

I guess part of the limits are also due to our "life expectancy" (what an ugly phrase :roll: ) , we do not live long enough at the moment to raise a large number of generations, it's only the next, and grand fathering the next. There are simply not enough years to give plenty of attention to one another.
Therefore I think the currently experienced system fits pretty well to our lessons for growth.

Besides, I can observe hardly anyone these days that truly displays acts of love towards their partner(s). From that perspective learning to love one fellow life companion within a family setting seems to be a great challenge for most.
It may sound silly of course if you can already multi-handle and live, say 400 years or so.. O:)

Putting maximum efforts into raising children to a higher state compared to our own generation is a immense responsibility.
Only true acts of love between a couple can deal with this task directly, and in our situation it may even become the most critical option to avert further moral and spiritual catastrophes.
serena

Thank you all for your answers! They were helpful.
I guess I just feel disappointed in myself for not being able to fully accept this even though I understand its logic.
And just like BlueHaze, I just had the distinct feeling that there was a more profound reason for sex other than procreation, or even that Thiaooubans did not separate love and sex (perhaps because they have that 'luxury', being 9th planet beings). I guess it's time to pick it up again (and maybe I'll see things differently this time). :study:

Again, it was very helpful, I'm seeing things with fresh eyes! :thumleft:
ronald

keep those fresh eyes for ever, one day they might shine from the inside out ;)
teradactyl

serena wrote: I was thus surprised when I read in this thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=259&p=7674&hilit=mi ... ry+7#p7674that they belonged not to category 2, but CATEGORY 7!
I cannot, for the life of me, begin to understand WHY, in a 7th category planet, there is such a thing as the practice of polygamy.
a little off topic, but where can i personally find and read more about the different category planets? i shall meditate on it for additional understanding in the meantime.
thanks in advance :)
Om Mani Padme Om
ronald

I would rather focus on information from different planets, instead of categories.

Another topic about it is here: Planet Iarga

Btw, This book touches on interrelationships as well; When reading, try to look at it as an occurring natural progression in highly social civilizations. The words practicing polygamy are not in place there compared to the earthly common sense (as it is known now by us, there is a huge difference in nuance).