A New Book By Michel!

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Zio

Re: A New Book By Michel!

I got the book! It's around 250 pages... and it's pretty difficult for me to read it @.@

Gonna take time to finish it, but I'll report back when I find something interesting.

P.S: Apparently Michael is still in the Vietnam? at least when he wrote this book.
ptex

Great to hear that Zio!! Looks like you made good jumps ;)
Is it in Japanese?

Yes, Michel is still living in Vietnam. Must be a nice place to live (he seems to like the lushing tropical vegetation a lot - something I share in common with him ;) )

Cheers!
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Zio

It's in Japanese. I can't find it in another language on the internet, which is very strange. Also, the language seems... a little bit off. The translator used a lot of burrowed words from English/French instead of using the traditional words with the same meaning.

As far as I read, it looks like a novel about Roger Pardi nicknamed Ropa (ロパ). Don't know if it's a parallel of Michel's life or the story of a real person.

It may be written in Japanese because it might be directed to Japanese people. Is it related to Japan's great earthquake in 2011?
Zio

Yep. Definitively a fictional story about Michel's life. I haven't finished reading it (1/5 done). It's pretty difficult to read, and the only certain thing I can get out of it is that the main character have some kind of resonance with nature, like hearing trees talk. Another explanation is that people around the trees can hear them. It's going to take me several readings before understanding everything. As of now, college and friends are taking a lot of my time.
Rasmus

Can't wait to read this book. Is it available in english soon?
majusha

Seems to be out of stock at amazon.co.jp
Krad

Is there an English translation as of yet?
ptex

Krad, there's presently no edition in English language
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Aeon Psyche

This is interesting. Ill definately read it when it. becomes available in english. :)
Zachariah

Hi.

I wanted to share an upload I have of the book which is in English (PDF format). I'm not sure who translated it. I got the book from a Facebook page known something along the lines of Thiaoouba XP. Here's the link, don't worry it's safe (I have no reason or desire to infect anyone with a virus). But until I create an account for a site where you can preview the pdf online, this will be the only quickly available way I have -for those who haven't read it yet. http://www.2shared.com/document/6tg2s_S ... venge.html

I hope you enjoy! :sunny:
Misunderstandings and Misinterpretations are often the cause of many conflicts and problems on Earths Entire Society...
ronald

:D Thanks! Where can I buy it?