Greenland

Discussion on preserving Nature: preventing the pollution, destruction and disbalancing of the finely-tuned natural ecosystems on our planet.

Moderator: Moderators

Rezo

Greenland

Ice sheet reported 97% melted by NASA during mid july 2012:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... sfeed=true
http://science.slashdot.org/story/12/07 ... sheet-melt

so - what do you make of it??
ronald

Re: Greenland

It is funny that nasa calls this extraordinary.
Where are the scientists who are not emotionally surprised? It is just a logical result caused by a logical event.
The extraordinary-ness lies within such statements only.

But I'm just a small man without a scientific degree, so don't dare to trust me when I say the world has turned physically worse every day you wake up.
Dare to get the proof your self ;) ..better hurry though.
Rezo

degrees are not required to perform proper reasoning, media treats individual intellects as if they possess none whatsoever, which is false. we're simply starved, or malnourished, informationally. Taking in diet of nonsense information for long periods of time; Better choice to eat ''healthy'' information, but how to 'cleanse' it first?

The last very large greenland ice melt of such magnitude ive read, was around 1889. certain ice core studies suggest a cyclical nature to such thing. maybe its missing measurement of under-sea volcanoes in arctic.

What im trying to understand here really is, historical behavior of suboceanic volcanoes, compared to that behavior today. How is this measured?
ronald

Perhaps some indication can be found in the underwater plant and creature world. Maybe some historical evidence of change there gives us some hints. Like remains of different shell species etc.
ET-1

I read somewhere that the reported meltdown involved the surface condition... rather than a complete meltdown of all the ice/snow there... would have to investigate further what is actually being reported to know for sure what they mean by the reports... I mention this because the second report made me change a bit what I thought happen and correct an erroneous interpretation (though evidently I may have changed the original correct interpretation into a wrong one)... at this time figuring out the truth on this matter is below the level to get me to actually figure it out... just make sure you get it right...
joao vieira

Unfortunately continuous wars on regimes and the fight for democracy ( power ) takes the lead quickly, honestly im amazed it reached major news.
Im saying it doesn't get the deserved attention.

And Hello everybody i only found this forum yesterday and spent about 6 hours studying its content.
Nice to see intelligent people coming together.

Greetings from Portugal.