The Book Of Mirdad

A place to discuss matters of bygone times that are forgotten, but are recovered so that humanity is no longer condemned to repeat history as it so often does.

Moderator: Moderators

joao vieira

Re: The Book Of Mirdad

"You choose your birth and death, their time and place and their manner as well despite your
wayward memory which is a mesh of falsehoods with glaring holes and gaps."

"The morning Star, the Milky Way, the Pleiades are no less homes for Man than is this Earth."

some interesting passages...
ronald

Yes, Mirdad is our friend :)
joao vieira

"How do you hope to draw clean water from a well wherein you dump incessantly all kinds of
rubbish and of mud? How shall the waters in the pool ever be clear and still if you disturb them
every moment?"

It is well worth the reference " real die-hard thiaoouba fans "

Man, i am amazed now after reading the book i can only make an effort to imagine how much more amazing it would have been to be there witnessing such a MAN.

We do have to make an effort to understand the way of communicating witch is compared to TP "encrypted" and shows careful planing, now i will try to understand where Alter Peak is, when in time did this happen.. so on..
ronald

Joao, I wish the Ark still has room for both of us ;)
Rezo

the words in the book are so well written ... im curious of the creative process the author had. i see references to categories, universal law, rebirth, nonverbal communication, folly of money; below, I look at as, at first I thought, 'category,' then I thought, 'aura,' then on more reflection, as connection with higher self or higher consciousness, and what within guides us to make wisest choices/decisions with the 'long view'

"the size of the ovum enclosing any man is measured by the breadth of the space-time horizons of that man. while one man's consciousness of time embraces no more than the brief span from his infancy to the present hour, and his space horizons encompass no more than his eye can reach, another's horizons encompass pasts immemorial and futures far in the distance, and leagues of spaces yet untraversed by his eye."

[ his previous description of 'overcomer', is what had made me think of categories ]
Rezo

I really like this one:

“Ask not of things to shed their veils. Unveil yourselves, and things will be unveiled.”
joao vieira

this is what wikipedia has to say:

"'The Book of Mirdad' is an allegorical book of philosophy by Lebanese author Mikha'il Na'ima. The book was first published in Lebanon in 1948 and was initially written in English, with Na'ima later translating it into Arabic.[1] Na'ima initially sought to have the book published in London, where it was rejected for "[advancing] a religion with 'a new dogma'".[2]"

" Na'ima has described the work as the "pinnacle of his thought and a summary of his view of life"."

in the author wikipedia page :

Among his best known books is the 'Book of Mirdad', a mystical text first published in Lebanon in 1948, which was translated into English and published in London in 1962.

"The mystic Osho had this to say about The Book of Mirdad: "There are millions of books in the world, but The Book of Mirdad stands out far above any book in existence." The book is a parable about a monastery that stood where Noah's ark came to rest after the flood subsided. It describes the very nature of human existence and Man's relation to the God within. It is told through the eyes of the monks as their lives change when a mystical stranger, Mirdad, enters the monastery. Osho says, "It is a small book, but the man who gave birth to this book - and mind my words, I am not saying 'the man who wrote this book', nobody wrote this book - was an unknown, a nobody. And because he was not a novelist, he never wrote again; just that single book contains his whole experience. The name of the man was Mikhail Naimy."[1]"

I couldn't find anything else but haven't insisted much also.
Rezo

interesting, thank you for this.