Global Warming Is Irreversible, Study Says

Discussion on preserving Nature: preventing the pollution, destruction and disbalancing of the finely-tuned natural ecosystems on our planet.

Moderator: Moderators

Propaganda

Global Warming Is Irreversible, Study Says

I post this because a new study came out recently on how our present climate change is.... IRREVERSIBLE.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... d=99888903

Now I know that there are already posts about climate change but not specifically on how late in the game we really are
and in the context of how fast we are going to get hit by IRREVERSIBLE climate change that can lead to the death
of many millions.

On top of hearing almost on a monthly basis of how scientist are dumbfounded at the way the earth is behaving.

So maybe we can update this thread with more recent and urgent news clips on climate change.

Prince Charles, " We have less than 100 months to stop climate change disaster."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... aster.html
jarkody

Re: Global Warming Is Irreversible, Study Says

Yeah it's really bad. I'm in South Carolina and it should be much warmer right now or at least really humid but it's still getting really cold at night. It seems we need divine intervention or maybe Thiaoouban intervention if this planet is gonna survive. They need to start mass planting some trees or something!!
Zio

I dont think we should take climate change in our areas as sure sign of global warming going crazy. There is sometimes years where its unusually cold or hot. And asking for an external hand to help us is IMO not the greatest thing to do in a crisis. Even if ppl on earth doesnt succeed to save the planet, I think individual change is the only good thing we can do. And I think that's the purpose of a crisis: to make us aware of who we are and what we do.

And about mass planting trees, you also need to be careful not to plant without knowing everything about the environment. Especially the soil type. If you plant the same type of tree over again, it will only deplete the natural resources of the soil. And when you say "They", you mean earthlings or external help?
Robanan

global warming is indeed irreversible, it's a natural thing happening every now and then. Naturally it doesn't overheat the core of the planet, our meddling with nature and the pollution we have caused is well above the fatal risk line of "Overheating the planetary core". The book says we need to cut our pollution output to the atmosphere by 70% (I don't know if that estimate is valid to this date, but probably is) which can only be achieved if we industrialize the current hydrogen engine technology we have.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Rezo

The Kogi people of the Sierra Nevada in northern Colombia, are featured in a 1990 BBC documentary entitled "From the Heart of the World: Message to the Younger Brother". Their Tairona culture was never defeated by conquistadors and has largely been untouched, until recent times.... the documentary is below. I found it fascinating, humbling, sobering:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=k ... emb=0&aq=f#
Rezo

heres a curious idea: stratospheric aerosol geo-engineering programs [we may know as chemtrails]. if they are happening right now, and I believe they are - something is strange.

if the claim, as in private companies that say 'geo-engineering' can stop global warming [by reflecting extra heat from sunlight away from earth], but they supposedly are debating on an issue not yet implemented, why are they going public w/the terminology and now, and why do many - for years - experience toxic levels of barium, strontium, and aluminum among other heavy metals, destroying coconut trees, having dangerous concentrations near the top of mt shasta, that neutralize soil pH [so crops wont grow]....and its worldwide....curious that there are GMO crops that are said to be .... resistant ... to aluminum.

sounds strange because the motivation may not be to stop global warming, but to create severe dependence. profit motive sure but also control motives. the above information from a new documentary 'what in the world are they spraying' which can be viewed here:

http://vimeo.com/16219493

things are just getting 'crazier'. of course they may know what we may not, that the earth has problems w/overheating, so the rationale may be lets sort of fix it and at the same time still control it. whether or not you believe global 'warming' or climate change is or is not happening, chemtrails are, and have been, and are not an answer.
joao vieira

My understanding of climate change is limited but here is James Hansen himself speaking out on its consequences and how he was gagged for alerting people:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNHuHkL7an0
Rezo

i must correct my previous post about 'geoengineering' and distinguish it from chemtrails...

http://www.thetruthdenied.com/news/2013 ... -the-same/