Audio book version any good?

Contains polls on questions either directly or indirectly related to the books

Moderator: Moderators

Do you feel that having an audio book of TP would be any good?

Yes, definitely. It would increase accessibility to more people in a new format.
78%
Not sure / no opinion.
6%
Not at all, Michel was told to write a book and not to talk about it.
17%

Total votes: 36

ptex

Audio book version any good?

Feel free to answer the question and post your comment below.
larryseyer

Re: Audio book version any good?

ptex wrote:Feel free to answer the question and post your comment below.
Absolutely!

As a matter of fact, I've offer to do this for free and give it away. All I'm waiting for is permission from the copyright holder and publisher to do this.

Here is the letter I sent to Tom and Michel asking for permission:

===[Begin]===

Dear Tom, and Michel (if he even gets this)

I have read Thiaoouba Prophecy 7 times. And I'm probably responsible for distributing the book more times than can be counted by sending people I know to your site(s).

There is no doubt in my mind that it is completely true. It should be a model for how people on this planet can return to sanity and function as civilized humans - possibly even ascending to another level at some reasonable point in the future.

The reason for this email is that I wish to record an audio book of Thiaoobua Prophecy and I need permission to do that.

There will be no charge for the recording. It will be given away. And I would be happy to also provide hosting for the distribution of the PDF version of the book also (at no charge) and any pictures that Michel or his associates authorize me to distribute (at no charge).

This will be a top-notch professional recording with talented voice actors reading the parts of Michel, Thao, Biastra, Litoli, and the others mentioned in the book.'

It will be distributed via my audio book label "Audible Spirit". You can see the products we specialize in currently at http://AudibleSpirit.com

Although we sell downloads for the other books listed on the site, "Thiaoouba Prophecy" will not be sold. In keeping with the thought system of the book and in demonstration of how this planet should be run, we will be GIVING AWAY completely the audio recording.

Will this be a professional recording and performance?

Absolutely!

If you would like to hear some of the recordings I've done so far, please respond to this email and I will send you (for no charge) links to download some of the products we offer on AudibleSpirit.com

I am a 9 time Grammy award winning engineer and producer with over 300 major name credits to my name. To see a list of some of them, please visit my website at http://LarrySeyer.com/clients

As you can see, I've worked with some of the biggest names in the industry for a period of over 40 years.

Why am I doing this?

Because I believe Michel and I believe in the benefits of what this audio book could do for the people on this planet.

Please respond to this email as soon a possible as I am wanting to get started on this right away. I have some time right now and this project is a top priority for me.

However, I can do nothing until I receive permission from the copyright holder and publisher of "Thiaoouba Prophecy".

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best to you!

Larry Seyer

===[End]===

So far, I have not heard back from anyone.

All the best to you!

Larry
ptex

Hi Larry,

Welcome to the forum :)
I made a similar proposal to Tom a couple of years ago (June 2008) but he doesn't agree with us I'm afraid.
He mentioned Michel was told to write a book and not to talk about it.

My main reason for the audio book was to make it available to a wider audience namely the visually impaired and as a complementary format to existing ones.

Michel is currently out of reach, away from everything digital.

I agree with you in that without authorization from Michel's legal representative (that is Tom) this probably shouldn't be done.
Nevertheless I launched the poll so I can come to Tom with some numbers to back up our pretension
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
larryseyer

That doesn't make any sense to me.

If Michel wasn't supposed to talk about it, why did he give presentations in front of live audiences?

Sound like Tom is letting fear rule common sense to me.

L
ptex

You've got a point there!

I really don't know what's on his mind regarding this. It seems to me he believes TP is supposed to be somewhat obscure only to be found on a personal level when someone searches for it or when major events on earth justify it...
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
larryseyer

Well, I grant them that... it's obscure for sure!

It's almost hidden as far as I'm concerned.

"Thiaoouba Prophecy" needs to be on every shelf of every university in the world and be required reading for graduation IMHO.

As far as the audio book, I will produce a completely professional version (with hired actors reading the parts) and give it away for free.

I don't know of a more poignant demonstration of the principles described in the book than doing that - other than maybe spending the rest of our lives in meditation (which I do quite a bit already anyway).

Any help anyone can provide to get a signed release for the rights to do this would be greatly appreciated.

All the best.

L
Shen

Err...I casted the“not sure“vote for I had thought it would be a tough job.I did‘t think any one has already made it! Personally,I‘m for more translation versions eg Chinese(we‘ve got unauthorized version but with low quality)
Everything you will experience is a lesson to be taught.
Robanan

Has a decision been made regarding this as of yet? I think the poll is very specific and reflecting the general tendency of the community. Considering the resources that will take to complete this project I believe Mr. Seyer is taking a great step forward toward the education of people on our planet out of the goodness of his own heart and the least we could do is to express our gratitude.

It is regrettable that some people decided to turn a blind eye toward the whole range of implications of the culture the book always intended to instill in people about acting out of the goodness of their own selves to spread the book; and decided to otherwise sell it instead. Mr. Seyer is again showing great integrity in wanting to allow people to use the audio version for free, much better than many of those who being close to Michel Desmarquet felt themselves entitled to act as they thought best instead of listening to the advice given in the book.

I'm very positive about this and considering how Michel has already done his duty of writing the book as he was instructed, the rest is upon us to do as the book advises and develop spiritually toward the solution of love and the cultivation of our minds, facilitating information exchange in all ways our technology allows us to. This will further bring us all closer together. So I also advise those who are taking a stance against the audio version to reconsider their position and take more responsibility toward acting with good intentions toward the good of all instead of the illusions they have developed in their minds about it all.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
shezmear

If I had known about this topic sooner I would have added something...

My vote is do the audio book...Don`t let anyone put a chiller on your good will and Mojo.If you got a fire in your belly and
your all powered up...got for it!
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
larryseyer

I wish it were that simple. If it were, it would already be done.

I MUST receive permission from the copyright holder or NOTHING can be recorded. It's that simple.

So those of you who want it, need to write to Tom, and/or Michel and get the ball rolling. I've already contacted them and waiting on a reply.

But until I receive a signed release, it's not gonna happen.

L
Rezo

I just found this online, its got one of those computer voices. Looks like it went up in may, but only the first few chapters were done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQjLjy4RZLY
shezmear

larryseyer wrote:I wish it were that simple. If it were, it would already be done.

I MUST receive permission from the copyright holder or NOTHING can be recorded. It's that simple.

So those of you who want it, need to write to Tom, and/or Michel and get the ball rolling. I've already contacted them and waiting on a reply.

But until I receive a signed release, it's not gonna happen.

L
Hi Larry...

I think you need permission if your going to sell it.If your doing it as means of attracting attention to the cause or for evaluation
purposes then I would not bother with getting permission.I find it ironic that we are even talking about permission simply because no permission will be given.
Why?
TC has his own way of doing things...Something which I never really fully understood and I`m not sure after reflecting on it all over the years
that he knows either...in that he kind of makes it up as he goes along which has mixed results.
Michel has got on with his life and left it in TC`s hands for the most part.

I made a audio book out of it with text aloud and real voices which works great..I did not ask permission.I could email it to you, share it with you.
No..I`m not asking permission.

So I guess waiting for permission you have blocked your self off before you have begun.

Actions are measured according to the intent from which they arise.

Is anyone getting helped/enlightened by you not getting permission?..In short I don`t think it is a permission issue but you have made it one.

That little details matters....

I had one of this issues because the 3 hour video on line I put up.I did it against the recommendations of several other people.
This three hour video was being used to attract people to lectures...or validate other people talking on the topic.

Some people thought Michel talking about the info would scare people off because he is a poor presenter.
I was a little surprised that some people surrounding TP were indifferent to the video even though they used to sell it or still had it ,
yet would not release it to the public...just think about that for a minute.

Through a twist of fate or what ever else it found it`s way into my hands from other country's and I put it up.Someone some were wants to know more.They are searching.I know what that is like.And when they find it their life changes most times for the better.

I can`t tell you it is all true but hell...it`s a one hell of a story.

I can`t force Tom to do anything...Hell 10 000 crazy's trying to hack his mind could not control him.Michel is no different.

That`s how they roll.

I`ll say this though.... if you follow through I`ll send you what little funds I have to help...if your serious....
J.C
larryseyer

I'm serious, but I'm not looking for funds.

That would be counter to what the book presents IMHO.

There is also the issue that only 18 people (so far) have even bothered to take the poll.

With those kind of numbers, it has to be a 'love for doing it' project.

But I have to disagree with your interpretation of copyright. By definition it is the protection of the 'copying' of material. It may address sales elsewhere, but at it's core is the copy process.

Larry
shezmear

I started writing a response then realized there is little I can say that would make any difference.....So good luck with it. :sail:
J.C
Sandman

It would be nice if this actually got off the ground. I believe the guys from fb group found an alternative way... https://www.facebook.com/groups/thiaoou ... ?qa_ref=qd