Aura Technology

Discussion on technology and how it could be used to assist spiritual development and NOT enslave us. This includes technology that will help us live in harmony with Nature (e.g.: "Lifter" technologies that could replace the petrol driven engine). Also, discussion of past and current scientific thought so that gems are not buried in the sands of time, and spiritual progress through science is achieved.

Moderator: Moderators

Bastian

Aura Technology

Still collecting my thoughts on this...

Auras in the historical record
Aura's are recorded throughout history in paintings and depictions of Jesus, Saints, Muhammad, Buddha, Shiva, Krishna, Australian Aboriginal depictions of "Lightning Men", and even in the head dresses of polynesians.

In research
* Nikola Tesla noticed that the body glowed under certain electrical conditions
* The technique of actually photographing this effect was pioneered by the Kirlian family in 1939 (husband and wife team I believe)
? Prof Korotkov is now one of the world leaders in this field of research.

The Kirlian Effect
* see : http://www.thiaoouba.com/kiref.htm

Questions
* Is there information on how to build a device like the one built by Tesla ?
Last edited by Bastian on Sun May 02, 2004 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VeskoP

I didn't know that Tesla experimented with auras. I cannot help you about that right now.
Have you heard of the Milhomens approach (which is different from the Kirlian one)? I've learned about it first through Tom Chalko's selfhealing.net.
Bastian

Vesko Peev wrote:I didn't know that Tesla experimented with auras.
I didn't know about Tesla's experiments until a few days ago myself :-). I will have to look into it when I have time. Btw, I haven't heard of the Milhomens approach either myself..

(hope you don't mind if I move this to the technology thread !)

Yes, do move it there.

"""Biophotons, or ultra weak photon emissions of biological systems, are weak electromagnetic waves in the optical range of the spectrum - in other words: light. All living cells of plants, animals and human beings emit biophotons which cannot be seen by the naked eye but can be measured by special equipment developed by German researchers.""
Biophotons And The Universal Light Code
By William F. Hamilton (3-6-4)
from url : http://www.rense.com/general50/buiop.htm
Bastian

Source URL : http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/19 ... 064343.htm
Source: University Of Warwick
Date: 1998-07-29
Title: Body's Ability To Emit Light Arouses New Hopes & Fears On Radiation From Mobile Phones
This summer Dr Hyland will give two papers at international conferences outlining his research into the phenomenon that biological systems, including the human body, generate and emit extremely low intensity radiation in the form of photons (a microscopic packet of light energy), and that these photon emissions are not random but display coherence (similar to that possessed by the much more intense light generated by a laser). Dr Hyland believes that the origin of this coherence stems from the body's own metabolism which generates its own coherent electromagnetic field, which imposes the observed coherence on the emitted photons, the very weak emission of which can be viewed as an outward sign of an orderly functioning metabolism. If this is the case then serious questions arise about the effect of external sources of microwave radiation on living tissue and its own electromagnetic patterns.
(...)
If we understood more of how this electromagnetic activity biosytems operated we could perhaps use external microwaves therapeutically to cause beneficial effects in the human body. Russian scientists are already experimenting with a form of electromagnetic acupuncture - applying microwave radiation to acupuncture points in an attempt to treat medical conditions, and they claim they are having some considerable success. Dr Hyland postulates many other applications for his research. Sensors could be developed to measure the ripeness and freshness of food by measuring the amount and coherence of its light emission. Medical conditions could be diagnosed non-invasively, and a new understanding of how consciousness operates at a quantum level might even emerge.
(...)
Editor's Note: The original news release, with contact information for journalists, can be found at http://www.warwick.ac.uk/news/pr/97
Last edited by Bastian on Sun May 02, 2004 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bastian

The skeptics view on this:
http://www.phact.org/e/skeptic/field.htm
Manninder Sekhon

Kirlian technology

As its name suggests, Kirlian photography was developed using photographic film to record the images. In the late 1990s, Prof Korotkov from St Petersburg in Russia developed the equipment to digitally record Kirlian images. His system uses the Gas Discharge Visualisation (GDV) technique and his GDV cameras connect directly to PCs. This means that images can instantly be recorded and examined, and also multiple images can be recorded (during meditation, for example) without disturbance. The digital technology also minimises the effects of external influences. Photographic film can be affected by factors such as humidity and temperature.

Prof Milhomens of Brazil uses Kirlian cameras that use photographic film. The advantage of this method over the digital method is that photographic film gives much geater resolution. Korotkov's method is very comprehensive but needs readings from all 10 fingers. Prof Milhomens' approach can decipher a similar amount of information from just 1 finger recording. He has done much research into minimising the external influences during the recordings, including researching which film gives the most consistent results. His method is extremely popular in Brazil, with literally thousands of his cameras in use.

More information on GDV cameras and technology can be found at http://www.kirlianresearch.com including workshops, training and purchasing (expensive). Workshops on learning to see auras and measuring auras using kirlian technology can be found at http://www.ColourVibrations.com/auras.html and http://www.SelfHealing.net/workshop_aura.html
Vesko

Re: Kirlian technology

Thank you, Manninder, for taking the time to explain what you have seen and tried firsthand in your workshops. Obviously Korotkov's technique is valuable more for real-time observation and requires neither consumatives, nor special conditions for developing film. As such it is more suitable for efficient and widespread use.
I didn't know that the Milhomens approach allows for much greater resolution. It is logical, though. Is it because to compare, Korotkov's digitized Kirlian technique would have to use higher resolution CCDs that would bloat the price even more? No doubt Korotkov is experimenting with such CCDs levelling the quality with Milhomens' one. Or are there other fundamental differences between the Kirlian and Milhomens approaches. Both utilize excitation by an electric charge, right? Is the CCD the most expensive part in the device? I think that if the price fell to 1000 USD, I'd be buying a GDV Compact within a short time, but at the current tag of 4400 USD (w/o Value Added Tax) for the GDV Compact, which lacks real-time capturing, it is an impossibility for normal people to afford and experiment with.
On a positive note, I've been able to partly see the human aura since 1998, but have not developed the ability to serve me positively. Yet :) .
bomohwkl

Kirlian and general state of emotion.

I have taken Prof Milhomens's version of kirlian images in two occassions in Mind Body Spirit festival in London and Manchester.
There is DRASTIC difference of the intensity of images depending on my emotional state. One Kirlian image was taken when I felt inspired and happy. The image was strong and defined for both my hands. Another image was taken when I felt quite stressed and a bit sad. The Kirlian image was surrprisingly weak. To my surprise the Kirlian image of my left hand was almost unnoticeable while the right hand was noticeable but not as strong and defined as the first Kirlian image I had taken while I felt inspired.
It has become a constant reminder for me for the need to feel a sense of inner happiness.
Feeling streessed and depressed make your aura DULL!
:shock:
Meedan

I may be wrong but I seem to remember that Prof. Milhomens has a very different theory of what the GDV images represent. He claims that it is the discharge of bodily gases that you are seeing, not any kind of aura. Obviously, the ability of the mind to affect the image casts doubt on that theory. His site: http://www.kirlian.com.br/ing/main_introduction3.htm
With Love

Our astral bodies consist of electrons. Our astral bodies extends a few mm away from the physical bodies. (You can feel the shinny fussy blusih things extending from your finger tips when you look at it carefully through a suitably lit light.)

Speculative explanation:
Electrical discharge produces high speed ions (plasma). This high speed ions KNOCK on the astral body around the finger tips and produce a characteristic patterns associated with the astral body. It is analogous to knocking a bell and the bell produce a characteris sounds from the bell depending on the shape, material, etc of the bell.
It is important to note that ionisation also occur around the astral body of the finger tips.

The lack of knowledge on how the electrical circuits are built in astral body (the arrangement of electronic wave) do not allow to know for sure how the light is formed.

However, it is known that electronic wave confined in a quantum potential well has discrete wavelength. Excitation to higher energy level and returning to ground state always gives off light.

I agree that GVD is not an aura camera. However, there is a correlation between GVD and aura possibily due to the holographic nature of information encoding in astral body.

Keep thinking....
Vesko

Thank you, Meedan, and welcome to this forum!
Meedan wrote:I may be wrong but I seem to remember that Prof. Milhomens has a very different theory of what the GDV images represent. He claims that it is the discharge of bodily gases that you are seeing, not any kind of aura. Obviously, the ability of the mind to affect the image casts doubt on that theory. His site: http://www.kirlian.com.br/ing/main_introduction3.htm
No, you are not wrong! The link you provided has it written clearly at the end:
A Kirlian Photo or a Bioelectrography or, yet, a Bioeletrogram is nothing more than the photography of the ionization of the gases and/or vapors exhaled by human body, through the skin pores.
The "nothing more" phrase is, I'd say, out of place for such research. It implies that Newton Milhomens (I presume this page has been written by him since it is on his site) has completely explained the phenomena and understands it not only empirically, but also in entirety - the very underpinnings of the phenomena as well. I very much doubt that.

Other quotes from the page:
Prof. António Marquês, from Superior School of Biology and Health, at Lisbon, Portugal, (right), explained in detail, at cellular level, how is produced the emission of gases and/or vapors, from cellular metabolism.
The above quote seems ok.

But futher:
Kirlian Photo, absolutely, is not the Aura Photo or Hindu Gods’ Halo, that is shown around their heads, in pictures, according to the Hindu Religious Tradition affirms to exist as subltle bodies.
"Absolutely?" Couldn't there be that cellular metabolism of the physical body is only one of the components represented in the resultant image? Since he has "absolutely" not seen the other bodies, they must "absolutely" not exist! How wise and simple!

Such absolutisms do make me feel really bad. How long have Kirlian images been studied? Only since the 1930's. I wonder what the purpose of those absolutisms is: to keep the person uttering them entrenched in the status quo, or to prove that one more scientist is not adhering to the very scientific method?
bomohwkl

It is important to note that ionisation also occur around the astral body of the finger tips.
Hmmmm.....if my speculation is right, it also means that bombaring the astral body with high speed ions can make the astral body glows.

I heard from a new paper that spirits and ghosts seem to appear from high voltage cable. It is known that high voltage cables can ionise air around it. The spirits ot ghosts should have been bombarded with high speed ions which make them more visible. Unfortunately I couldn't trace the information. It would be great if someone are able to verify such occurence.

I think the other ways is to have a current arc just jumping above the human skin. And take note of whether there is any glow besides of the electrical arc.
Vesko

bomohwkl wrote:I heard from a new paper that spirits and ghosts seem to appear from high voltage cable. It is known that high voltage cables can ionise air around it. The spirits ot ghosts should have been bombarded with high speed ions which make them more visible. Unfortunately I couldn't trace the information. It would be great if someone are able to verify such occurence.
That seems like an ingenious way to induce visibility with little skill :) .
I think the other ways is to have a current arc just jumping above the human skin. And take note of whether there is any glow besides of the electrical arc.
DISCLAIMER: Please NEVER try that alone or with anyone else, unless you know VERY well what you are doing. You have been warned! :roll: