Higher Self Evolution?

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Marcus

Higher Self Evolution?

There has been much talk on the topic of our Higher selves of late and there has been a question I've had for a while; how do our HS evolve?

As we know, the quickest way to learn is through physical experience, yet our our HS are pure spirit??? Do you think that they were like us (astral bodies incarnating physical vehicles) at a stage? Have they progressed to almost perfection and elected to be our wise mentors? Am I missing a key element?
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Vesko

Re: Higher Self Evolution?

Marcus Collins wrote:There has been much talk on the topic of our Higher selves of late and there has been a question I've had for a while; how do our HS evolve?
First, a relevant passage in the book (from page 78 ):
‘The physical body in which you exist at the moment is already very complex, but still, it is nothing compared with the complexity of the process of evolvement which occurs with Astral bodies and Higher-selves.
So, this states that HSs do evolve.
As we know, the quickest way to learn is through physical experience, yet our our HS are pure spirit???
The relevant passage in the book is (page 78 ):
Your Astral body, which inhabits every normal human being, transfers to its Higher Self all the sensations that are experienced during a lifetime in a physical body.
Since a HS gets all our physical sensations, the effect is as if he had a physical body himself. In fact, he has nine such bodies and gets nine times our physical experience simultaneously (in case of category 1, as Michel says in the audio interviews, on category 9 there is 1:1 HS/astral body ratio).

As I see it, the Higher Self is the powerful server (with antivirus, firewall, proxy and caching software), we are the workstation connected to the server. The server has full control over the workstation's communication with other important servers, because all such communication has to pass through it as a proxy. As happens on any well-built computer network on Earth, all traffic is inspected and filtered, and garbage traffic is dropped.
It is notable that while workstations are less powerful, they can run the same type of software as the servers, albeit ess effectively or a downgraded, but a compatible version. Also, there exists the possibility for servers to run specific applications on behalf of workstations, and present them the final result. I think those analogies all carry over to HSs and astral bodies, too.
Marcus Collins wrote:Do you think that they were like us (astral bodies incarnating physical vehicles) at a stage? Have they progressed to almost perfection and elected to be our wise mentors? Am I missing a key element?
No, my feeling is that they were created like this from the beginning. I don't know what to add to support this, though. Well, perhaps there is something that I can indirectly support this with on page 79:
‘From this planet, it is possible either to remain in a physical body or be reunited with the Great Spirit in the ether.’
So if that is all that is possible according to the will of the Great Spirit, it seems that we can't choose to become a HS at that point. Perhaps this would be possible if we choose to do so in the next universe? Also, I think that once one is reunited with the Great Spirit, we lose any individuality as our separate existence is no longer meaningful, I think -- in the process of our evolvement, we have contributed unique and useful data to the Great Spirit, and we have become as perfect as him -- so it would be better that our unique features be integrated in the central core, so to speak. I'm pretty much sure that we lose individuality as an astral body but our unique individual features are still well and alive in the Creator.

One very important thing to learn and start applying in our lives ASAP, I think, is the following: to achieve the best results for both parties, the HSs and the astral bodies have to do their best to cooperate according to Universal Law. Only now I start getting it that the HS is not some solitary invincible teacher who delights in seeming important and refusing help to his students (well, not exactly that :) but you get my drift). The Higher Self's biggest desire is to help us, because in this way he helps himself, but we need to give him the opportunities to do so according to Universal Law. I also think that there have been instances when HSs have helped people wrongly -- nowhere it is said that HSs are unmistakable, and we shouldn't expect that. They may be more powerful but their problems are more complex than ours. So, I think we have a first priority responsibility towards the Higher Self to help him develop, and not think that he's so powerful he'll be okay with anything we throw at him. This first priority responsibility is the same as the responsibility to our own astral body; it does not require separate effort. As I am writing those lines I start fully realizing all this.

One purely technical and really unimportant question that remains is what happens when a Higher Self is ready to go to another category because he has spiritually progressed, or has to fall down to a lower category because he has spiritually degraded. In my opinion here is what happens: the HS (or should we say the core of the HS) swaps places with another HS that has to move up or down. Only the core must be swapped, the periphery (the astral bodies) remains in place (figuratively speaking) because it must not move categories.

Hope that helps. :)
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Meedan

Excellent post Vesko. I agree 100%. Though it is hard to know for sure on these matters, we are assured that it is very complex though :lol: .
With Love
Vesko

Thank you, Meedan, it's all based on the book and simple logic, not really more than that. That's why I've been careful to say "I think", "in my opinion", etc.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
bomohwkl

I think that once one is reunited with the Great Spirit, we lose any individuality as our separate existence is no longer meaningful, I think -- in the process of our evolvement, we have contributed unique and useful data to the Great Spirit, and we have become as perfect as him -- so it would be better that our unique features be integrated in the central core, so to speak. I'm pretty much sure that we lose individuality as an astral body but our unique individual features are still well and alive in the Creator.
I don't think we lose our individuality when we reunite with the G.I. How can the idea of LOVE can exist if our individuality is lost? It is like killing your freedom of thoughts and keeping what is useful for G.I. If any thiaooubans saw what have written here, they will be shocked!

what happens when a Higher Self is ready to go to another category because he has spiritually progressed, or has to fall down to a lower category because he has spiritually degraded. In my opinion here is what happens: the HS (or should we say the core of the HS) swaps places with another HS that has to move up or down. Only the core must be swapped, the periphery (the astral bodies) remains in place (figuratively speaking) because it must not move categories.
As far as the book concerned, it only mentioned how the astral body evolves attaching itself to higher and higher HSs. I am very doubtful that HS evolves the way you mentioned. We just lack of information to justify that. You have to KNOW and UNDERSTAND your higher-self enough as you do with your best friend before we can draw any justifiable information. How many of us really explore the higher-self in details via communication and interaction?
Meedan

bomohwkl wrote: I don't think we lose our individuality when we reunite with the G.I. How can the idea of LOVE can exist if our individuality is lost? It is like killing your freedom of thoughts and keeping what is useful for G.I. If any thiaooubans saw what have written here, they will be shocked!
:shock: Sorry, I didn't see that in Vesko's post. Of course I agree bomo.
With Love
Vesko

I don't think we lose our individuality when we reunite with the G.I. How can the idea of LOVE can exist if our individuality is lost? It is like killing your freedom of thoughts and keeping what is useful for G.I. If any thiaooubans saw what have written here, they will be shocked!
Do you mean that the Creator would have nobody left to love? What about the astral bodies that have not reunited with him? Why shocking? Anyway, it's what I think, not what is written, and I have made the distinction.
As far as the book concerned, it only mentioned how the astral body evolves attaching itself to higher and higher HSs. I am very doubtful that HS evolves the way you mentioned. We just lack of information to justify that. You have to KNOW and UNDERSTAND your higher-self enough as you do with your best friend before we can draw any justifiable information. How many of us really explore the higher-self in details via communication and interaction?
Again, this is only my opinion and I have marked it as such. It is based only on logic. We do have the right to speculate, as sometimes quite significant things are born in speculation. In the audio interviews, Michel says that 50% of the electrons are kept for the central entity of the Higher Self, and the other 50% are allocated to the astral bodies. The book says that the Higher Selves evolve. If they evolve, they would have to be promoted to the status of the next category Higher Self, or the status of a lower category Higher Self. You do not expect that they become transformed in something else, do you?
BTW they too must be able to rejoin the Creator at the end of their evolution, no reason for anything else.
I also think that in the beginning, all humans were category one and all Higher Selves were category one.
bomohwkl

Do you mean that the Creator would have nobody left to love? What about the astral bodies that have not reunited with him? Why shocking? Anyway, it's what I think, not what is written, and I have made the distinction.
Why it is so shocking. Just imagine one day you have spiritually evolved enough to be removed your freedom of thought (lost of individuality). What is the point for spiritual evolution when you know at the end journey, your individuality will be killed. It is like your parents nurture their children's potential to the highest possible with one of their intentions is to terminate their children. Shocking!! What happen if the children discovered that their parents are going to kill them? Will the parents able to invoke admiration from the children then? How can the idea of LOVE can exist if our individuality is lost?

Besides, who (from level one to level nine and those who have become pure spirit)s is more capacity to project highest and purer blissful feeling to the G.I?
bomohwkl

From TP
‘Like all things electronic, the Astral body - tool of the Higher Self - is quite a delicate tool
The physical body is merely a vehicle which, in most cases we abandon when we die
We are tool of higher-self and our physical body is the tool for us...
Vesko

bomohwkl wrote:
Why it is so shocking. Just imagine one day you have spiritually evolved enough to be removed your freedom of thought (lost of individuality). What is the point for spiritual evolution when you know at the end journey, your individuality will be killed. It is like your parents nurture their children's potential to the highest possible with one of their intentions is to terminate their children. Shocking!! What happen if the children discovered that their parents are going to kill them? Will the parents able to invoke admiration from the children then? How can the idea of LOVE can exist if our individuality is lost?
I accept your argument, bomo. Well, I'll just say for now that I have my own suspicions about the Creator, nothing else solid that would put an end to this pondering. :)
Kestrel

Its just one of those things vesko, that you've got plenty of time ot think about.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Vesko

Thank you, Kestrel, you are so right.
Kestrel

Im not the brightest light bulb (:idea:) on this forum, but i'll always be here to point out the obvious to everyone. :P
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao