Limit of Post Size? (FIXED)

News, announcements and technical support for the forum. Report any related problem and be sure it is going to be solved :).

Moderator: Moderators

Meedan

Limit of Post Size? (FIXED)

For the last few days, it seems to be that if I type over a certain amount, the preview will show nothing, a blank post. So, if I try to post it, it says that I haven't typed anything.

Is there now a limit, or is there something else wrong?
With Love
Yothu

Ha, with me it is the same.

Meedan, we're being shut down...
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Vesko

No, there shouldn't be any limit to the post size, but I recently upgraded the forum software, and the problem definitely stems from the upgrade -- it's a necessary upgrade. I verified the same problems that you describe and have just reported them to the forum software developers since I don't see the problem to be on my part. So please bear with that for a while.

If you are unhappy with the current restrictions, I can put heavier ones -- 10 characters at most and 1 post per month per user. :) The aim would be to cultivate only the best pearls of wisdom...
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Meedan

Sounds like a great idea, Let's do it! :lol:

or as it would be then:

"gr8 do it!"
With Love
VeskoP

I found the actual post length limit -- all is good as long as you type no more than 966 characters.

It seems that we are hitting a Universal Law here, people. I proclaim this bug the "One Nine and Two Turned Nines Bug".
VeskoP

Problem Fixed

Meedan, Yothu, the problem has just been solved with the immediate help of my hosting provider. Since security-hardened stuff is running on the server, it needed additional configuration to work fine with the new version of the forum software.
This forum's hosting provider is an outstanding company run by a theoretical physicist (Erik Kangas) doing work at Fermilab among other things. I just talked to him about the book and wanted his opinion, and he said he'll probably review it later. He's a serious researcher -- you can see his papers here (http://erikkangas.com/pubs.html) on studying the structure of vacuum, molecular biophysics, etc.

A single post can now contain as many as 65 thousand characters. Happy?
Meedan

Good Job Vesko! :D
With Love
Vesko

Thank you, Meedan. All the best to you :).
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Meedan

Re: Problem Fixed

Vesko Peev wrote:This forum's hosting provider is an outstanding company run by a theoretical physicist (Erik Kangas) doing work at Fermilab among other things. I just talked to him about the book and wanted his opinion, and he said he'll probably review it later. He's a serious researcher -- you can see his papers here (http://erikkangas.com/pubs.html) on studying the structure of vacuum, molecular biophysics, etc.
If you don't mind, I would be very eager to hear his opinion of the book also, if he gets round to reading it.
With Love
Vesko

Yes, if all goes well I'll post it here.
Meedan

Yes, if all goes well I'll post it here.
Even if it's a negative review, I trust. :wink:
With Love
Vesko

Definitely!