New Thiaoouba Paintings

Official information, announcements and interviews in the press, on TV, radio.

Moderator: Moderators

Vesko

New Thiaoouba Paintings

I have just got the following amazing e-mail from Michael Meanwell and have the pleasure to go public here, after he dropped this "bomb" :) in my inbox. After talking last year to him about my translation of "Thiaoouba Prophecy" in my language, he was extremely helpful and promised that he'd scan the original colour paintings that were drawn by an artist (Robert Williams) while Michel Desmarquet once stayed with the Meanwells. Well... he absolutely kept his promise to do it by the beginning of this year!!! For the first time anywhere and as he said specially for our forum, here are the full colour photos, expanding and improving on the black-and-white illustrations kindly released by Tom Chalko in 1998.

Here's the actual letter -- and note that Meanwell also offers the wonderful audio interviews with Michel, which I highly recommend.

A MANDATORY WORD OF CAUTION: Michael Meanwell has a permission by the artist to make the paintings available only on his web site, and nowhere else. If you are going to save the paintings to your hard drive or CD, that is ok; if you are going to print them for yourself and keep the copyright notice, that is ok, but you must not publish them online or in print, or try to distribute them, or try to make derivative works. If you'd like someone else to see them, just point them to Meanwell's site. This is extremely serious matter, and Michael does not want to get into legal trouble with copyright issues -- the paintings are Robert Williams' property and that's that. I cannot really stress enough how important it is not to be careless about this or try to cheat, because the potential damage that can be done to Michael, his company, and family is immense. After all, those paintings may not have seen the public light at all and he has no obligation to make them available to anyone via any means.
I have finally got around to revamping the Meanwell web site.

http://www.meanwell.com.au

You'll notice a lot of changes - I have trimmed down various services I currently haven't the time to offer and I have also included a link to your forum as well as a new range of colour illustrations regarding Thiaoouba. You'll see several pics that were originally in black and white which, for the first time anywhere, are now in colour along with other Thiaoouba-inspired images - all were produced by Robert and were authorised by Michel.

Hope you like it!

regards
Michael

P.S. I have only just uploaded it - there will be some minor modifications over the following few days.

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

Michael Meanwell, RMT, AARP
MEANWELL

Australia

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

Visit http://www.meanwell.com.au for hints, tips and techniques for improving your life. We offer:

• Spiritual Workshops
• Guided Meditation CDs
• Metaphysical Books & CDs
Thank you, Michael!!!!!!!!! Isn't it a great source of inspiration?
Last edited by Vesko on Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Kestrel

Thats a great illustration of Thao, I don't think I've ever seen an illustration even close to that.

Intresting to see an illustration of Akari.

The other crew members. Intresting.

Plus the colored picture of Mu really elaborates more.
Last edited by Kestrel on Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Vesko

Michael kindly informed me that he'd be uploading better-optimized images ASAP but a technical difficulty is preventing him to do it very quickly.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Vesko

UPDATE: Michael has uploaded improved and some larger images. See also http://www.meanwell.com.au/page2.html for the most recent photo of Michel Desmarquet and the Meanwells!
Last edited by Vesko on Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leventis

I wasn't able to access the page you gave me so I did it manually and came up to this:
http://www.meanwell.com.au/thiaoouba/page6.html

Some of the pictures are amazing :)
Leventis
The only good is knowledge and the only evil ignorance.
-Socrates
Vesko

The above page that didn't work (fixed now) was for the photo only. As for the paintings, I didn't link to the direct page but rather only to the title one http://www.meanwell.com.au, because page names could change.
Yothu

The pictures are absolutely amazing!!!
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Marcus

Great, fantastic.

Thanks Vesko. Sparks the imagination just that little bit more.
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Marcus

Here is some more information from Michael Meanwell regarding some of the pictures:

"Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your email. Yes, the colour makes a huge difference - I agree.

Like you, I had a different image for Arki, but this is the closest the artist Robert could get to what Michel saw.

Regarding the statue, I can't tell you much except I recall Robert telling us that when he drew it, Michel said it was quite similar to one of many statues he saw on Thiaoouba. The statue image we have today is the result of several revisions, based on Michel's instructions. That's the thing to remember - Robert's illustrations are the result of several revisions. He would send the pictures or paintings up to Michel in Cairns and Michel would give careful instructions on what needed to be altered (eg make the nose longer, the eyes lighter, etc). Some paintings took weeks to be completed/authorised."
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.