Martin Luther King Jr.

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Kestrel

Martin Luther King Jr.

Well its a Federal Holiday in the US today, recgonizing MLK.

He is definitly up there on the admiration list for myself. I'de just like to recgonize that he was courageous enough to use something other then violence to initaiate change. Even if when he was assinated violence broke out which is a shame, it's still important to follow his lead somewhat.

Also recgonize Gandhi who's writings inspired MLK.

Anyways, I just wanted to post this, I thought it was important.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Leventis

Cool thing you mentioned it..I bet he was a very smart persone and it is a pitty he got assasinated. Stupid humans we are.. A smart person comes to earth we kill him, apparently the savior(christ) was here we crusified him. How stupid can people be. By the way did they ever get the person that shot him? (Or did the goverment do it.hmmmm :))
Leventis
The only good is knowledge and the only evil ignorance.
-Socrates
Kestrel

Yes Leventis, James Earl Ray was the assasin. Infact many people recgonize him in the US on this day remarking its "James Earl Ray Day". Still a bit of racism, really.

We make the choices leventis. Racism was disscussed on this board somewhere I think, it was determined that to do such would be violation of "Universal Law".
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Zark

Racism

Kestrel wrote:Yes Leventis, James Earl Ray was the assasin. Infact many people recgonize him in the US on this day remarking its "James Earl Ray Day". Still a bit of racism, really.
I assume people have chosen to remember the day he died since it was such a sad and emotive time. However, perhaps we could be celebrating the day he was born instead..
Kestrel wrote:Racism was disscussed on this board somewhere I think, it was determined that to do such would be violation of "Universal Law".
I searched the site and couldn't find a topic about racism. Thao does mention it though :
TP p109
To impose one’s will on another, in a way which deprives the individual of the privilege of exercising his own free will, is one of the greatest crimes that man can commit.
‘What is happening now in South Africa is a crime against all humanity. Racism itself is a crime...’
Last edited by Zark on Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
VeskoP

Thank you, Kestrel, for mentioning MLK! I'm sure you know he's mentioned in Michel's book, but nevertheless, I say it because it's good to know that they recognize both him and Gandhi. Also, as Laventis said similarly, Thao said that "Great men wanting to do something for mankind have simply been done away with." Thank you also for telling us that Ghandi inspired him -- I didn't know that.
Zark wrote:I searched the site and couldn't find a topic about racism.
You couldn't, because I moderated it (they were Ceco's postings on racism).
"Man exists physically for the sole purpose to develop spiritually" -- let us all really remember this when we think what to do next.
Leventis

Vesko been a bad boy :) j/k

It is a good thing you found it from the book.. I despite racism.. Sometimes I notice my-self saying bad things about certain ppl as a joke but I am aware that is bad and is through influences of society that I am trying to put away. I manage pretty good. I always conclude that it is the people who are bad and not the race in any case. I am not afraid to state my oppinion.

I believe that racisim is an act of hate; so it is bad by it self. No higher feeling (love) is being placed anywhere so you are not doing any good to your self.
Leventis
The only good is knowledge and the only evil ignorance.
-Socrates
Kestrel

Yes Martin Luther King got many ideas from Gahndi. Especially taking his ideas of ressistance through non violence.

Actually Martin Luther King was shot in april not january Zark. Infact you're most correct, January 15th 1929 is his day of birth.

Hes a very admirable person.
Thao