Making "Whole" Topics Downloadable

News, announcements and technical support for the forum. Report any related problem and be sure it is going to be solved :).

Moderator: Moderators

Robanan

Making "Whole" Topics Downloadable

Dear Vesko, Can you make it possible for us to be able to download "whole" topics?
I need to be able to work with the information contained in different topics of our forum and it would be best If I could get a whole topic in a single file. As if you could export a "whole" topic to a downloadable/viewable format.

Should we consider "topic download rights" for the people using the forum :?:
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
VeskoP

Robanan, even if I could make this available (I don't know of a phpBB mod to do it), I don't agree it should be allowed. If I allow this for you, other people will also have their reasons and want the permission, too. They are going to download too much stuff that they don't need, wasting bandwidth traffic. This is my opinion, though. You can ask the other administrators.

Now, don't get me wrong, I do know that not having a topic offline can be limiting because so far there hasn't been an easy way to search a single topic spanning multiple topic pages. That is why, as a consolation prize :) to you and everyone else, I've added a very good phpBB mod to display a search topic box. I hope that this will help you handle individual topics much better -- after all, why would you download a particular topic, except for easier searching? I cannot off the top of my mind think of any other reason to want to download a multitude of individual topics. If you still really need a few topics to download, you can always use your browser's Save page function to download the page or pages belonging to a topic.
That said, could you please try the new topic search and tell me if that is better for you?
"Man exists physically for the sole purpose to develop spiritually" -- let us all really remember this when we think what to do next.
Zark

Robanan,
Perhaps there is a mod that gives a 'print version' of the topic. Such a format would be equivalent to what you are seeking. Look here and tell us if you see one : http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/catdb.php?db=1
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Robanan

How do you consider installing the following MOD's?

1- [2.0.6] Favorite Topics MOD
2- [2.0.6] Watched Topics List
3- [2.0.7] Printer-friendly topic mod
4- [2.0.11] Save posts as drafts

I think (1) and (2) would make it easier to browse a large forum like ours. (3) may give me the effect I need. (4) may make it easier to compose large post.

I know I'm a lazy **** :oops:
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
VeskoP

1-3 are set up now. 4 is not yet, because the mod site is down at the moment.
And don't forget you can search within a topic even without using 3. But the print preview works perfect. Note you can control the number of posts from the top right corner.

Enjoy!
"Man exists physically for the sole purpose to develop spiritually" -- let us all really remember this when we think what to do next.
Robanan

:applause: I don't know how to express my gratitude \:D/ :cheers:
VeskoP

The emoticons in your post are more than enough! :)