Mystery Schools

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Playto

Mystery Schools

Hey folks,

I was wondering if any of you know any school/establishments which teach the lessons portayed in TP? Teachings like telepathy, aura readings etc.
First, let the body of thee be still,
Bound by the cerements of will,
Corpse-rigid; thus thou mayst abort
The fidget-babes that tease the thought.
Alisima

No, and even if I would I would not tell you. In fact I don't approve the existence of such schools, and because of the following argument: Auric Sight, Telepathy, Levitation, etc. are just side-effects of spiritual development. They are simply signs of spiritual progress, they should not be the point of focus. In no case someone with supernormal abilities is more spiritual than anyone who has none, or less, supernormal abilities.

I understand your desires, and longed myself for a long time for these 'abilities', they indeed seem quite attractive. But they will not bring happiness in the end.

I rather send you, and everyone else, including myself, to a meditation school, or a school to enhance our awareness, which is basically the same. But I have not found any, and everytime is seem to have found such a 'school' I realise it ain't one since they charge enormous bills. So I stopped my search and started reading books, I can recommend "The Book of Secret" by Osho, it is a book which explains, in detail, 112 methods of meditation.
Don't read my signature.
Yothu

Hello Playto!

There is a school of meditation which may appeal to you, have a look on http://www.dhamma.org/

I have to admit I never had a visit to it. A girlfriend of mine attended a 10 days course and told me about 'miraculous' changes and progress while doing it. What I extracted from her story is that energy work is involved as well as deep meditation techniques. In their brochure they state that they'll teach you how to concentrate, relax and silence your mind.

From what I know from my girlfriend and from their brochure, it's basically free (all inclusive). You only have to get there.

---

Alisima: I like to agree on psychic powers being 'only' side effects of spiritual development. Psychic powers can be used for negative purposes also, which means it is up to the individuals character, so to say, how to use them. As I understand Uri Geller, he says that most of the psychic stuff is up to the mind. Which means to me, that you don't have to be good or spiritually advanced to acquire psychic powers and to use them.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
bomohwkl

Psychic abilities are tools. You can misuse it. Or it can use to accerelate your learning! As the more tools you use to investigate a problem or a situation , the more likely you will obtain the correct answers when the information obtained from such tools are consistent. That's how i do my physics...
Playto

@ Alisima - I think i worded it a bit unprecise which brought abt ya response, maybe i should have said a school which has practises which lead to enlightenment !!!

@ Yothu - Greetings, Thanks for the link and info. bro, i'll check it out !

I was thinking abt it, If we all maintain our practises in isolation we never function as a unit, and that can only make the road to change that much stickier, we all know we need change in this existence, probably even prior to TP, and the book re-inforces this, should we not make our voices heard? if we speak together we become a song which will get heard, if we shout in isolation our claims seem insane.
First, let the body of thee be still,
Bound by the cerements of will,
Corpse-rigid; thus thou mayst abort
The fidget-babes that tease the thought.
Alisima

Playto wrote:I was thinking abt it, If we all maintain our practises in isolation we never function as a unit, and that can only make the road to change that much stickier, we all know we need change in this existence, probably even prior to TP, and the book re-inforces this, should we not make our voices heard? if we speak together we become a song which will get heard, if we shout in isolation our claims seem insane.
Tell me, what do you want to change??
Don't read my signature.
Robanan

Will you be so kind to clarify these parts of your post?
Playto wrote:...If we all maintain our practises in isolation we never function as a unit,...
What kind of unit? what practises? who is isolated?
Playto wrote:...and that can only make the road to change that much stickier...
What road? Which changes?What changes?Whose changes?
Playto wrote:...we all know we need change in this existence...
Will you elaborate more please?
Playto wrote:...and the book re-inforces this...
Reinforces what? I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by "changes". Will you please explain what kind of changes you specifically want to achieve? Have you got much success in changing the minds of people? Please try out, and tell me what is the most effective way to make someone change his ways and stop polluting the planet. What can we do that you think we are not doing?
Playto wrote:...if we speak together we become a song which will get heard...
Indeed, so what should we say? How? and to whom?
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Marcus

Did you notice Arki was very quickly cut off from explaining further to Michel the necessity of seeing and reading auras for spiritual evolution?

I'm sure it was because Arki was saying too much and doing some "homework" for Michel.

Obviously some of these abilities are necessary to learn.
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Aisin

Playto wrote: If we all maintain our practises in isolation we never function as a unit
Playto, perhaps you are thinking about an established organization which carries certain mission or strives to attain certain objectives? From my understanding, that is something strongly discouraged by Michel & Tom. Not that i haven't done my own thinking, i personally agree with their stand, because it could easily be turned into something similar to a religious organization, even if it doesn't in our lifetime, who knows what will happen to it 100 years later?

esp in a organization, as the quantity of the members grows too fast for it to properly control or improve the quality of the members, then new decisions and changes may be made based on the ignorance of the majority, instead of enlightenment.

I find it best we remain "not assembled into a unit" but remain closely in touch with one another to be a source of encouragement and motivation for one another. This forum, for example, is a very good place to exchange ideas with like-minded people. It's inevitable people find a way to reach out to one another, so as not to remain in total isolation and loneliness perhaps.

Also, i find the title 'mystery schools' kind of misleading, sounds too sensationalized. i'd prefer something more neutral, such as 'spiritual school' or 'systematic spiritual educational system'