What Exactly Is This Line for?

News, announcements and technical support for the forum. Report any related problem and be sure it is going to be solved :).

Moderator: Moderators

Yothu

What Exactly Is This Line for?

See here?

What do you mean? For me these lines are very irritating. I never know for sure if it is a quote of a quote (in a reply for example) or a new comment on that quote. Just a minor thingy though...
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Robanan

:lol:
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
VeskoP

yothu wrote:What do you mean? For me these lines are very irritating. I never know for sure if it is a quote of a quote (in a reply for example) or a new comment on that quote. Just a minor thingy though...
This line is supposedly helping to differentiate quoted from unquoted text. But I think it is not this line that confuses you, rather it is the lack of indentation of nested quotes, e.g. <quote>quote1<quote>quote2</quote></quote> the text "quote2" is indented on the same level as "quote1". This is a huge problem to say the least, and I noticed it only now.
If it worries you I'd advise you to change the theme in your profile. The Appalachia one is quite good and has no such problems. We could also change the forum to Appalachia or back to subSilver by default. What do you think?
Last edited by VeskoP on Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Man exists physically for the sole purpose to develop spiritually" -- let us all really remember this when we think what to do next.
Yothu

Yes. I liked the Crusade best - it's really nice :) -; I tried Appalachia. I'll stay with SubSilver, because it appeals more to me (my screen-res is 1024x768). It works perfectly well so you can't be wrong with it.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.