Interesting News

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Robanan

Interesting News

Charles Townes wins 2005 Templeton Prize
Charles Townes, the Nobel laureate whose inventions include the maser and laser and who has spent decades as a leading advocate for the convergence of science and religion, has won the 2005 Templeton Prize. The prize, valued at more than $1.5 million, was announced today at a news conference at the Church Center for the United Nations in New York.
Townes, 89, secured his place in the pantheon of great 20th-century scientists through his investigations into the properties of microwaves which resulted first in the maser, a device which amplifies electromagnetic waves, and later his co-invention of the laser, which amplifies and directs light waves into parallel direct beams.

-Quote from http://www.physorg.com
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Vesko

Good for him!
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Robanan

“He points out that both scientists and theologians seek truth that transcends current human understanding, and because both are human perspectives trying to explain and to find meaning in the universe, both are fraught with uncertainty. Scientists propose hypotheses from postulates, from ideas that ultimately cannot be proven. Thus, like religion, science builds on a form of faith.”

-quote from the article
Isn't it amusing? :lol:
“Charles Townes helped to create and sustain the dialogue between science and theology. Thus he has made a profound contribution to the world's progress in understanding - and embracing - the wonder of God's creation.”

-quote from the article
So much for a scientific proof for the existance of GOD. :shock:

His image will be largely marketed and advertised, It is not at all clear what he has really done for humanity.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Zark

Robanan wrote:His image will be largely marketed and advertised, It is not at all clear what he has really done for humanity.
Well we wouldn't have thos price scanners in the supermarket .. think of where we would be without those ! :lol:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams