Away from 'Modern Civilisation' and Doing Just Fine

Do you want to change our current monetary system? Do you want to be involved in a project to INSPIRE billions of people by providing CONTRAST through EXAMPLIFYING yourself that a prosperous civilisation can be founded based on UNIVERSAL LAWS?

Moderator: Moderators

Bastian

Away from 'Modern Civilisation' and Doing Just Fine

No this story isn't about me :lol: . I admire this guy, he has really got guts (brave) to do something like this!
quoted from: http://www.cryptogon.com/2004_05_30_blogarchive.html
Incredible Story: Survivalist Dad and His Homeschooled Daughter :.

Frank for President!

A man and his 12-year-old daughter spent the last four years living in a remote hillside in Portland's Forest Park, police said.

A rope swing, a tilled vegetable garden and a small creek were nearby.

The man and girl told police they had lived in the park for four years. The pair appeared clean, well-fed and healthy, Barkley said, and the girl was well-spoken beyond her years.

The man, who identified himself as Frank, told police he was a 53-year-old Marine Corps veteran and college graduate who served in Vietnam.

He came to Oregon with his daughter, Ruth, from Tacoma with no job and virtually no money. Frank told police that the girl's mother was institutionalized in New Hampshire, and the two now lived on a $400-a-month disability check.

Rather than live on the streets and expose Ruth to alcohol and drugs, Frank said, they hiked deep into Forest Park and built a lean-to.

The pair went into the city twice a week to stop by the bank, attend church, buy groceries and clothes from Goodwill. Frank, a devout Christian, said he taught his daughter using the old encyclopedias.

They grew vegetables and used the nearby creek to keep clean. They stored perishable foods in a small pool of water at the creek's edge.

A pediatrician found the girl free of any illness, any signs of physical or sexual abuse - and no cavities. A criminal background check came up empty, according to police reports.

Even though the child and father lived for such a long time disconnected from society, the girl had been home schooled and was in good physical shape.

In fact, the girl received a very good education from her father while living among the trees. Officials said the girl, who would be normally in 7th grade, is at a 12th grade equivalency.

"When we interviewed this little girl, she was very impressive. She really was very responsible, and she really looked as though she was way advanced in her years," said Portland Police Cmdr. Scott Anderson said.

Police persuaded them to leave the camp, promising help them find food and shelter.

Uhhh, maybe I missed something, but it seemed to me like they had been doing fine without the help of the police...

I hope Frank and Ruth manage to get their own land some day.

Research Credit: NF
posted by Kevin F at 5:00 PM
(5th June 2004)

.. oops, silly me the title is in english :? that would be 'civilization' to the rest of you hehe
Marcus

Thanks Bastian.

I guess we all wonder how we could go living off the land. Though the father and daughter didn't quite fully disconnect themselves from the world.

It looks like the US education system needs an overhaul too. :P
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.