Weak Immune Systems

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Zark

bomohwkl wrote:Just my opinion. Meditation is about focus of the mind blank without physical sensation.
yes, I agree that this is the goal. And to achieve this, I guess we have to rise above the things that are troubling us emotionally.

I like this quote :)..
"There is an old Zen analogy that the way to calm, clear and quiet the mind is similar to the way to clear a muddy pool -- not by action, by doing, by stirring it up, but by stillness, by letting it be, by letting it settle itself."

peace
z
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Vesko

It's been two weeks since I've started practicing Iyengar (Ayengar) yoga daily. I'm following the book "Light on Yoga", containing information on 200 asanas (postures). It's amazing how beneficial even the first exercises are, and from those I especially like the tensed stretching ones for the back, shoulders and arms. Zark, if you have not tried yoga, I now strongly recommend it. I have tried previously but have obviously not found the right book with the right initial exercises (at least for me).
I've also recently read Sylvia Browne's "Past Lives, Future Healing" and strongly recommend it. I am starting to wonder if my allergy could be rooted in a past life. In the book, there are instances of people almost instantaneously cured from their astma (an advanced stage of allergy) in their current life by reliving or directly observing an actual experience in a past life of theirs. Of course, not all astmas and allergies could be cured in that way (they could be caused in this life only), but I wonder what my case is. My allergy started when I was a few grades in school, but again, it does not mean it is rooted in this life just because I had symptoms late in it -- there were analogous cases described in the book, of symptoms appearing well after birth but the cause still residing in a past life. According to Sylvia Browne's accounts, if someone suffocated at age 10 in a previous life, they could develop astma due to past memories making physical cells respond in an analogous way in this life. Apparently, that process happens subconsciously.
Something else distinguishing about the book: Sylvia Browne actually verified in state archives the truthfulness of a lot of past life accounts (those in more recent times), to be sure that the accounts are not just a fantasy.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Zark

There is an excellent and intriguing story in the following link. A quote from this story is bellow. This man woke to find his baby daughter dying of an infection, and received telepathic advice on how to save her - sadly he did not follow this advice and the daughter died. Ever since then they have used this simple advice to cure all manner of infection.
http://users.chariot.net.au/~dna/angelica.html
The strange thing is that when I visited this site again I felt a kind of fluid wave of energy move through my head and upper back. The sensation seems somehow electric, I guess you could call it qi or prana .. a sensation that I know happened the last two times I visited that site. I guess my Higher Self (spirit guide?) is trying to let me know that this is important !
When Angelica was approx. 14 1/2 months of age, I woke up after having a vivid dream. In this dream, I saw Angelica with dark rings under her eyes. She was looking pale and weak. As I held her in my arms, I heard a voice, which was not my own. The voice seemed to originate from deep within my being. It was loud, but tolerable, clear, sturdy and with conviction and surety. While I was holding Angelica in my extended arms, I was trying to work out what was wrong with her. Then this voice said, "You need Vitamin. A, the sun, and you need the father".

Here are a few threads about Vitamin D deficiency and autoimmune disease.
* title: I KICKED AS!!! vit D deficiency is the best clue
http://www.kickas.org/cgi-bin/w3t/showf ... ber=169749
* title: Sunlight burns my ankylosing spondylitis
http://www.kickas.org/cgi-bin/w3t/showf ... ber=166140
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Vesko

Thank you, Zark. I hadn't read such a detailed downright story about a man (Dominic N. Anfiteatro) and his child. Very, very inspiring and instructive. It's very sad that the man heeded the prophetic dream but not the exact vocal instructions about vitamin A and the sun (a source of vitamin D). On the links about your illness, there's a person for whom sunbathing worked much better than taking vitamin D, and he did lab tests to prove it. For others, the sun and/or vitamin D didn't work. I think that perhaps in the case of the father and the child, the Higher Self was not only instructing the father to provide extra vitamin D, but also specified the best source of vitamin D for this particular child. Knowing that a HS is not a dumb thing, it is bad linguistic style to say "Vitamin A and sun", instead of "Vitamin A and [vitamin] D", unless you really mean "sun". Amazing to think about it.
In one of those links, did you read how Edgar Cayce prescribed looking at unobstructed sun rays? The person who shared this information said it probably didn't have to do with obtaining vitamin D from the sun, but rather with correcting hormonal disbalance. But I guess you've thought about this and tried it already.

The father's page has a piece of music at the end, that I liked.

Interesting what you say about the reactions you think you have got from the father's page. By all means do something about it. :)
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Zark

Ankylosing Spondylitis and Sunshine

I am quoting from 'Krishna' below who suffered from an autoimmune disorder called 'Ankylosing Spondylitis'. I also suffer from the same disease.

In summary: he found that his autoimmune disease resolved with regular exposure to sunlight (interestingly supplementation with Vitamin D did not work). And from this we can conclude that regular exposure to sunlight strengthens the immune system.
from: http://www.kickas.org/ubbthreads/showfl ... ber=192333
1) After finding about severe vit D deficiency ( 8ng/ml ), I tried large does of vit D supplements, incl the one that Dr. Mercola sold on his web site. This must have boosted my vit D level. Unfortunately that did not decrease AS ( ESR was ~ 100 mm/hr and heavy pain, swelling, stiffness )

2) Then tried sunlight. In 3 months completely normal. ESR dropped to normal level and no pain, no swelling, no stiffness. Repeatedly tested ESR for next few months and it was normal. and I cancelled rhuemy appts (not required). Did not use any NSAIDS for the last 7 months or so. Amazing, sometimes I myself could not even believe this, after suffering with AS for say 7y !

There is more to sunlight than just vit D, in my opinion ( however, vit D experts disagreed on this point ). Perhaps, human genes evolved over millions of years talking advantage of sunlight. May be the last few thousand years, the lifestyle changed drastically and humans noticed strange diseases ? who knows ?
I should also let you know that Ankylosing Spondylitis like most immune disorders is triggered by harmful microbes that become a part of the gut flora. These harmful microbes play havoc with our immune system. Not yet a mainstream view, but I can cite numerous examples including my own personal experience. For instance you could read up on: Lyme's Disease, Reiter's Syndrome, or Molecular Mimicry.
Marcus

Re: Weak Immune Systems

Zark wrote:I suffer from an immune disorder, so this topic is of great interest to me. Thao mentioned that we are gradually losing our immune systems and something about it relating to our modern way of life.

For the last few weeks I have been toying with the idea that my weakened immune system may stem from a somewhat repressed personality. That is to say that I suppress my feelings as a way of coping with stresses, fears, anxieties, self doubt, etc.

Manninder recently posted a link to a web site which I felt reinforced my belief.. (thanks Manninder! :))
The Horstmann Technique is a gentle bodywork technique that facilitates healing and wellness through the release of blockages. These blockages usually manifest as pain or stiffness, which may be physically, emotionally or spiritually based. An ancient Chinese belief is that suppressed negative experiences are held in the muscular system of the pelvic or sacral area of the body and also in the shoulders and feet.
http://www.colourvibrations.com/horstmann.html
According to my Encarta CD Encyclopedia :shock: our immune sysyems are diminished due to the holes in the Ozone layer. Obviously UV levels have an effect on us.
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Bastian

UV has unusual effects on the immune system, and I find the effects quite complicated. Yes excess exposure can depress the immune system temporarily. But paradoxically UV can also stimulate the immune system. In a similar paradox we find excess UVB exposure can cause cancer, and yet exposure to UVB can also prevent certain cancers.

There is a special grouping of immune cells called a 'granuloma' which require Vitamin D / Sunlight in order to flourish. Special stem cells make use of Vitamin D and mature (differentiate) into a variety of different immune cells, these immune cells make up the granulomas. Starve them of Vitamin D and they die off !
The active hormone of Vitamin D (1,25-dihydroxyvitamin-D)(1,25-D) performs a vital function in immune diseases, including Sarcoidosis. It causes hematopoetic-stem-cells to differentiate (grow) into monocytes, the basic White Blood Cell (leukocyte), and then it causes these to differentiate (grow) into the macrophages and giant cells characteristic of sarcoid granuloma[1,2]. Without this hormone there would be no formation of granuloma. The hormone is also responsible for maintaining proper operation of the ParaThyroid, Muscle, Pancreas, Bone, Intestine, Kidneys, Heart and the Brain [3].
Some autoimmune diseases are typically treated by suppressing the immune system. One fascinating example of this is in Sarcoidosis where patients find relief by intentionally suppressing the immune system - to do this all they have to do is prevent UV exposure! (Note that 'vitamin D' is not just a vitamin but also a hormone)
There is a hormone which allows the sarcoid granuloma to flourish. It is called 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D. It is formed in the kidneys from 25-hydroxyvitamin D, the metabolite formed when our bodies take in Vitamin D from sunlight or from food. Although the 1,25 D hormone is normally manufactured in the kidneys, it is also manufactured in the granulomatous inflammation of Sarcoidosis.
[..]
One way to stop high levels of this 1,25 D hormone from forming is to reduce the amount of Vitamin D that our bodies are taking in. This has to be done carefully, as our bodies need some Vitamin D to function properly. Nevertheless, the granuloma of sarcoidosis manufacture this hormone very vigorously, and so sarcoid patients are especially sensitive to sunlight and dietary Vitamin D.

The symptoms of fatigue, numbness, pain and cramping all go away after the level of the 1,25 D hormone has been brought back down to normal levels. Your doctor needs to measure the level of the 1,25 D hormone and make sure it doesn’t fall too low.
What is a granuloma?
Sarcoidosis is characterized by the formation of small, granular inflammatory lesions (granulomas). The word "granuloma" comes from the Latin word "granum," meaning "grain" or "seed." Granulomas are characterized by a nodular appearance and a unique cellular pattern that can be seen through a microscope and can form on nearly any part of the body, internal or external. There are many different granulomatous diseases, from Crohn's disease to tuberculosis.

The cells that make up a granuloma are from the immune system. The immune system is the body's defense against disease and illness. Its major players are the macrophages and leukocytes, cells that originate in the bone marrow and travel through the lymphatic vessels to different areas of the body.

Macrophages are cells that attack foreign microbes by binding to and engulfing them. Macrophages secrete assorted biochemicals that affect the behavior of the surrounding cells. One of the types of biochemicals that they secrete, for example, are the cytokines, which cause inflammation. This is why an infected area becomes inflamed.

Lymphocytes are smaller immune cells that are inactive until they encounter an antigen (a foreign molecule) that they specifically recognize. They then start to secrete antibodies to fight the attacker. The two most common types of lymphocytes are T cells and B cells. The antibodies they secrete are known as immunoglobulins (Ig).

When foreign particles (e.g., bacteria, viruses, chemical toxins) resist the action of macrophages, the macrophages attack the resistant particle and form the characteristic cellular pattern known as a granuloma. The granuloma is a cluster of a variety of cells that forms a discrete nodule. The multinucleated giant cell is characteristic of the granuloma. The giant cell is made up of many macrophages that fuse together and is seen in the central region of the granuloma. Many macrophages surround the giant cells and are called epitheliod cells. The central part of the granuloma is surrounded by layers of T cells. Granulomas can be easily seen and identified through a microscope.
Bastian

Of course we also have to consider radioactive fallout
from: http://www.mindfully.org/Nucs/2003/Stro ... 8nov03.htm
Ernest Sternglass, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus of Radiological Physics at
the University of Pittsburgh Medical School has written numerous articles
on the health effects of low-level radiation. He is Director and Chief Technical
Office of the RPHP Baby Teeth Study [www.rphp.org].

In 1963, Dr. Sternglass was invited to testify before the congressional
Joint Committee on Atomic Energy, as to how the exponential increase in
strontium-90 in baby teeth caused by bomb-test fallout was associated with
increased childhood leukemia
. His research and testimony played a role in
President Kennedy's decision to sign the Partial Test Ban Treaty.

His 1981 book Secret Fallout: Low-level Radiation from Hiroshima to
Three Mile Island established him as a pioneer in the study of the health
effects of low-level radiation

Strontium-90 is considered to be the most hazardous bone-seeking element created in the fission of uranium or plutonium because of its long half life of 28 years and because it resembles calcium so closely. By masquerading as calcium needed to form bone and teeth, it is readily taken up and concentrates in bone. In a pregnant woman, the Strontium-90 that has accumulated in the bone together with that in her diet is transported with calcium into the rapidly dividing cells of the embryo and fetus, where it can either kill or mutate them by the emission of high energy electrons or beta particles. When Strontium-90 lodges near the bone marrow where stem-cells form blood and immune system cells, there is an increased risk of leukemia, many other forms of cancer and autoimmune diseases, especially in newborn infants and elderly adults whose immune system functions are weak.
[..]
Aside from the dose due to Strontium-90, it is an indicator of other radiation doses received from the many shorter-lived fission products that are produced together with Strontium-90 and released from nuclear reactors both in liquid and airborne effluents that do not rise high into the atmosphere.
[..]
Stokke, T., Oftedal R, and Pappas A. Effects of Small Doses of Strontium-90 on the Rat Bone Marrow. Acta Radiologica 7: 321, 1968. The authors found that extremely small radiation doses by Strontium-90 in laboratory animals comparable to that from a month or two from natural background sources produced significant declines in the number of bone-marrow cells. This weakens the immune system and thus allows cancer cells anywhere in the body to proliferate more rapidly, and also causes infectious diseases to take a greater toll.
from: http://www.ratical.org/radiation/inetSe ... 1192.ps.gz
We know--and have long known--that radiation, especially strontium-90, goes to the bone and irradiates the bone marrow where the white cells are always formed that are the policeman in the body. If you weaken the police force and the cancers rise and new viruses come in, there are no defenses against them. The following is a transcript of a phone interview I conducted with Dr. Ernest J. Sternglass last November to discuss the ongoing story of suppressed information--known by the U.S. government since the late 1950s and early 1960s
[..]
because any other toxins are not nearly as insidious as strontium-90 going to the bone like calcium and then irradiating the bone marrow with long range beta rays that cause a weakening of the immune system [..]
"All things derive their life from it [Tao] All things return to it, and it contains them." -- Tao Teh Ching