Voltaire: 'I have never made but one prayer to God, a...'

A discussion of past and recent world events (from the historical period after Christ, e.g. Renaissance). Let's unlock the lessons from the past events.

Moderator: Moderators

Alisima

Vesko wrote:Alisima, if enemies are ridiculous by nature, then God would not have granted Voltaire's wish because there would have been nothing to grant. But Voltaire's wish has been granted, therefore your statement is false.
Yes, I understand your logic. But those are the only kind of prayers god CAN grand :P

See it is a question to which you already know the answer.
Don't read my signature.
bomohwkl

Aiya, why not

“ I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one :’O Lord, make my enemies loving me’ And God granted it. ”
Yothu

would have been easier if he would have made the prayer: "Oh Lord, make my enemies understand me.", for he hadn't have to defend himself. :rabbit:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Vesko

Yothu, thank you for the French original. Alisima, so you mean God grants only prayers for ridiculousness and similar things :P? Are you sure :P? And what's the question which I should see as one I know the answer to?
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?