Developing Inner Strength: the Path of Spirituality?

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

bomohwkl

Developing Inner Strength: the Path of Spirituality?

I found an interesting article.
Happiness can be generated from within, but the mind can get in the way! The process requires inner strength, which can be developed. But the process is easily misunderstood
http://www.treelight.com/essays/meditat ... iness.html

It seems that development of inner-strength is directly related to spiritual development?
Robanan

I havn't been reading the article completely but my first impression of it is that it makes the wrong assumption that life is just about feeling happy.
bomohwkl wrote:It seems that development of inner-strength is directly related to spiritual development?
It seems to...I will comment more on this.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Alisima

Robanan wrote:I havn't been reading the article completely but my first impression of it is that it makes the wrong assumption that life is just about feeling happy.
Indeed, life is not about feeling happy.
Don't read my signature.
Robanan

Devloping inner strength as described in the article can be helpful indeed. Life teaches that also, in every life time we really need to have some inner strength to be able to face life in all it's glory with all it's manifestations. For those who seek moderation and effectiveness I think caution should be taken into consideration regarding such practices because we really don't need to be 10 strongs to pick up a stone which requires 5 strongs as we may be at the level of 3 strongs.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.