In Relationship to God

Everyone is related to someone else even if neither one knows it. Here's a place to discuss aspirations toward the perfect relationships with our fellow beings.

Moderator: Moderators

Marcus

In Relationship to God

Hi everyone,

why would God choose to limit itself by setting up a nine stage filter via us to itself?

In effect it is missing the whole point of life.

Michel has said it needs to filter out the garbage. Sounds logical, but is a very human logic. What is garbage, or what is right and wrong?? God is experiencing itself through us (God).
That said, God is imposing a limitation on itself with a Nine Stage Filter.

Kind regards
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Vesko

If you are 100% certain that something is wrong, do you not try to prevent yourself from it? If you continue experiencing it, would you not 100% waste your time, effort and other resources that you need to spend to experience it, and also endanger your existence and development?

Wrong is something that does not prolong and help you enjoy your existence, right is the opposite.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
bomohwkl

Vesko wrote:If you are 100% certain that something is wrong, do you not try to prevent yourself from it? If you continue experiencing it, would you not 100% waste your time, effort and other resources that you need to spend to experience it, and also endanger your existence and development?
I wonder whether you can be more specific with examples in relation with the above statement.
Vesko

Do I really need to give specific examples? Let us say you hit your head against the wall. You experience it is bad for your health. After a while, you hit it a second time, and experience a second time it is bad. But you also can remember it has been bad the first time you hit it, too. After a few more times times of hitting it, you can reliably conclude that no matter how many times you hit it in the future, your health is not going to get better, only worse. Therefore, you can conclude from that moment onwards to do everything possible to avoid hitting your head against the wall. You do not need to hit your head against the wall any more, because you are not going to learn anything else from it -- you have learned everything that it is possible to learn from it, namely that the wall is hard, your head is softer and the consequence is painful bumps on the latter and structurally unsound cracks on the former ;).
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
bomohwkl

Vesko wrote:If you are 100% certain that something is wrong, do you not try to prevent yourself from it? If you continue experiencing it, would you not 100% waste your time, effort and other resources that you need to spend to experience it, and also endanger your existence and development?

Wrong is something that does not prolong and help you enjoy your existence, right is the opposite.
In real world, there are so many choices/things that we have no ideas whether it is 100% right or 100% wrong. In real world, there are shades of grey. We cant really classify something 100% right or 100% wrong in particular when a situation involved is complex. An intelligent person makes the best choice at a given situation. One of the best examples is illustrated by Thao.
‘Thao,’ I interrupted, ‘there is something I don’t understand. You say that you
prevented the Germans from being the first to have the atomic bomb, but why
did you not prevent all countries from having it? You must admit that, at the
point we have arrived at with atomic arms, we are sitting on a volcano. What do
you say of Hiroshima and Nagasaki - don’t you feel in some way responsible?’
‘Michel, of course you look at such things in a very simplified way. Everything
for you is black or white, but there are also many shades of grey. If the Second
World War had not been stopped, as it was by the bombing and destruction of
those two cities, there would have been many more deaths - three times as many
as there were victims of the atomic bombs. As you say in your language, we
chose the lesser of the two evils.
Marcus wrote:why would God choose to limit itself by setting up a nine stage filter via us to itself?

In effect it is missing the whole point of life.

Michel has said it needs to filter out the garbage. Sounds logical, but is a very human logic. What is garbage, or what is right and wrong?? God is experiencing itself through us (God).
That said, God is imposing a limitation on itself with a Nine Stage Filter.
Let's me give me an example. If you have an ability to read something very quickly (speed reading), you may want to read everything you can. After a certain period of time, you found that certain information doesn't arouse your desire to read. For example, books/maganizes/tabloids that deal with superficiality. Of course, not all information in the tabloid is useless.(Note usefulness depends on a person's need). It is just more difficult to find. If you have something more interesting to read, you tend to ignore it.
Of course, G.I sets itself 9 stages of filteration in order to maximize useful information (in an efficient way). What kind of information is useful?

Is GI missing the whole point of life?
I cannot answer the question. We need to look at GI interpretation of what is life and compare it with normal human perception of life.
So what is life then?
Vesko

bomohwkl wrote:In real world, there are so many things that we have no ideas whether it is 100% right or 100% wrong. In real world, there are shades of grey.
I am not implying that things are black and white -- 0% right and 100% right. One can be 100% certain that something is 68.39221% right, for example.
Lena

bomohwkl wrote:Is GI missing the whole point of life?
I cannot answer the question. We need to look at GI interpretation of what is life and compare it with normal human perception of life.
So what is life then?
I think GI's interpretation of life is a chance to learn spirituality, intelligence, and, most importantly, love.

normal human interpretation is a chance to experience everything, the good AND bad. there are so many mistakes we make (and learn from) and "bad" things we do, like violence and drugs, that I think a filter system is necassary so that God will only experience the greater feelings we have in our lifetimes.

the "bad" things we do are nessacery, too, so that we can learn, but it is not nessecery for God to experience them aswell because it has already learned beyond that point.
Marcus

Hi Vesselin,

I know for sure beyond any doubt that I would not choose to experience only the "good" and highest things my son does. I would be missing out on the majority of his existence and therefore limit myself.

There is no right and wrong. Society conditions and dictates what is right and wrong.
How can there be any right and wrong?? There is no one who judges us.
If you want to judge yourself, fair enough. What or who would you be judging yourself agains't?

Did you know Hilter went to "Heaven", even though he did "wrong" things?
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Vesko

Hi, Marcus,
Marcus wrote:I know for sure beyond any doubt that I would not choose to experience only the "good" and highest things my son does. I would be missing out on the majority of his existence and therefore limit myself.
If you are 100% certain that experiencing only the good and highest things that your son does is bad, it follows that you are 100% certain that the bad things which he does are actually less than 100% bad. So, when you choose to experience not only the highest good things, it does not contradict my point.
There is no right and wrong. Society conditions and dictates what is right and wrong.
How can there be any right and wrong?? There is no one who judges us.
Except for "Society conditions and dictates what is right and wrong", those statements are your opinion, but to make them more than that you should provide scientific evidence for and proof of that a supreme being does not exist, or it exists but does not judge.
If you want to judge yourself, fair enough. What or who would you be judging yourself agains't?
Against the laws of the universe.
Did you know Hilter went to "Heaven", even though he did "wrong" things?
How did you come to the conclusion? The book series "Conversations with God" that is mentioned in your current signature makes such a statement with absolutely no rigorous scientific evidence to support it. In addition, the author of the book, Neale Donald Walsch, makes it clear that he is a conduit of God who is imperfect, i.e. the dialogue could become corrupted. Could it be that the original statement regarding Hitler got garbled en route to the author?
Yothu

Marcus wrote:Did you know Hilter went to "Heaven", even though he did "wrong" things?
That's a delicate topic. Very carefully I want to comment this phrase:
Hitler might have a had a corrupt psyche - maybe that of a very disturbed child -
and thus his actions have been a result of that messed up psyche. I don't say that
if he had seen a psychotherapist history hadn't happen, but I want to stress that
a spirit is not only the psyche or psychological aspect of the human being. It may well
be that this phrase is true.

That connects to the question why the creator would have a nine-stage-filter to his own
children. Well, to sort out that clutter.
If a friend of mine is reminded of a bad episode in life or a certain trigger is pulled
many negative emotions can come to surface. Sometimes it is best to cut somebody's
word if he begins talking about such things. It is not beneficial to either talker nor
listener. I can imagine that for a healthy connection to your creator it is not necessary
for him/her to experience the whole lot of your being. Maybe the creator would go mad
if it was that way.

IMO opinion there are no "bad" experiences, because the ones that seem bad are the ones
that you create yourself. You attract them by your own thinking and convictions. Thus
even great pain and sorrow are not "bad" experiences if they are "genuine".

I suspect "negative thought patterns" (even if this is a very simplified term that I chose)
are filtered, because they are not individual in a sense that they are not repeatable. It
seems to me that there is a core set of such patterns that can be "acquired" and thus
are dispensible in terms of spirital experience.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
bomohwkl

I think this discussion here is influenced by how we perceive/judge things around us. Perceiving is good when there is a lack of information to make a conclusion (judgement). We cannot be too judgemental as we might not even realize how much information/knowledge that we don't know.
ArioK

I think The Lord Our God just wants to differentiate the energy coming from thoughts of materialism and spirituality. Those False broadcasted feelings of transitory delusional relationship love from the Highest All embracing True Love someone might experience for say their child. The Delusional love of a material possesion like a Car or Boat, from the True Love of yourself and your body.

In the Material World we have the Shades of Grey But I am sure God only wants the Shining Light and requires the 'Filters' to recieve the real The Light of Love that drove him to make all of creation in the first place.
teradactyl

Re: In Relationship to God

i agree with vesko, who has more patience than i. :thumright:
Om Mani Padme Om