Uncompromising Inner Strength?

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Yothu

Uncompromising Inner Strength?

What is that feeling, that inner confidence, that allows you to do the necessary steps in your life for you to get things going?

Opinions welcome!
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Aisin

What you've described may encompass many things. The one that strikes me as the most powerful is the 'life force'.

I get this feeling when i'm feeling purposeful towards a particular goal that i'm aiming to ahieve and working hard for. I get it also when i take a quiet moment to look at plants, and look at the way they grow, be it a big tree or weeds. It's simply amazing beyond words. In a few words, I can only translate that feeling as the power of life force.
Robanan

aisin wrote:I can only translate that feeling as the power of life force.
I call it Love aisin.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
bomohwkl

yothu wrote:What is that feeling, that inner confidence, that allows you to do the necessary steps in your life for you to get things going?

Opinions welcome!
Inner strength cannot be equated with inner confidence. Let's me tell a story of my real life. It is the best example.

I stepped away from the shelter of family since the age of 18. I effectively left my country. At that time, lots of my friends thought that I was very brave. Such bravery was the result of my passion to study the most fascinating subject I ever encountered-astronomy. My passion was initiated by the need to understand the beauty of the universe. I was actively involved in astronomy club during my secondary school.

Knowing that if I wanted to be an astronomer, I had to venture out. It is because there was no such course in Malaysia. I went Singapore thanks to Scholarship. Living among scholars was an eye opening experience. Of course, academically, it was tough, in view of the fact that I started my course 5 months later than my Singaporean classmates. Yet, I faced it with strength and perseverance.

From my experience, inner strength requires passion. It is important to know how to maintain such passion. Am I an astronomer now? No. My passion in astronomy was slowly subsided as a result of continous lack of exposure of like-minded people where I am living.

So, what I have learnt? To have a great inner-strength, it is very important to come from within yourself - passion. I think sometimes unexpected circumstances can drastically shake your passion. Your inner strength can be stretched to the limit. The perceived circurmstances can be traumatic! That's all my past experience.
The question whether such passion can be renewed with equal intensity is yet to be seen. (That's my next stage of my life experience)
Last edited by bomohwkl on Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yothu

bomohwkl wrote:Inner strength cannot be equated with inner confidence.
You're right, confidence comes with strength.
The question whether such passion can be renewed with equal intensity is yet to be seen.
Interesting that you mention it. I sometimes panicked that I've lost my passion in writing, storytelling and literature. That happens when I read something I wrote long ago. I see and feel the passion "I've once had". I then compare it in my mind with more recent stuff and panic, because I think I lost some of my passion. Later - of course - I read that now old "recent stuff" and am amazed "how passionate" that stuff is. :)

So, if I get you guys right: Put passion and love in what you do and you will succeed.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Vesko

I think it is not only sufficient to have a passion for and love of what you do. There are people out there that have a passion for and love of murdering. This is an extreme example, and the passion and love they experience is certainly extremely primitive, but there are many less extreme examples and despite a certain amount of passion and love, what results from them is terrible.

So, considering that, I think the most important thing in life is to find work to do that will benefit to the greatest extent, spiritually-wise, both oneself and what is beyond oneself. And that is not something that is found, and then just worked on. One must continually study oneself and the environment and adapt to their needs, but only if that will bring spiritual benefit to all, and steer the course of one's work to accomplish that. Passion for and great love of the work is going to come as a result of being confident that one is going into that direction, and they are necessary to fuel the next stage of finding what to do. It is also important to know one's capacity for doing the actual work.

In one of the audio interviews, Michel Desmarquet has been asked, based on his abduction experience, what should we (humans) do? He said we should follow our hearts. I have thought about what exactly it means to follow one's heart. As you know, the heart is considered to be the seat of emotions and connected with intuition. So does it mean one should follow one's emotions and intuition, and not one's reason? No, no logical person would conclude that, so therefore does one need to follow one's reason, emotions and intuition without analysing the latter two and just accepting these two at face value? Hmm, something is not right in such a case, because I know that emotions and intuition can be very misleading if taken at face value. I personally know people who act irrationally because of emotion -- clearly a bad thing. Likewise, I know people who rationalise well but cut themselves off from emotion and intuition -- by cutting off, I mean they are either almost unemotional, or they have mostly primitive emotions, or are experiencing only a narrow range of them. By isolating themselves from those, how to call them, major sources of information, those people are preventing themselves from obtaining substantial knowledge from them.

So what should we do? My personal conclusion is that the right interpretation of "following one's heart" is that we should be open to emotion and intuition in addition to reason, but that we should also attempt to use reason (speaking of cold, impartial logic based on hard facts) to analyze our emotional and intuitive responses in order to find the causes for their occurrence. By finding the causes, we can discern if a particular emotion or intuition leads us in a good or bad direction. Otherwise it is impossible to learn what is truly good in the long term and if so, follow it to obtain a desirable long-term result. So, do not suppress your emotions except those which you have proven conclusively through logical reasoning to be bad ones, same for intuition, and do not leave emotion and intuition unexamined by reason, either.

If you look around yourself, so many people do not follow their hearts and delude themselves that they follow them. When there are more frank, they quote various reasons why they do not follow them, making it seem a rationally impossible task to do, but I know for myself that it is much easier to follow your heart than not, even if following means undertaking great, even incredible difficulties. So, if you have a dream now, try to take emotion and intuition into account, analyze it rationally from all sides, compute carefully your capacity to accomplish it, and follow it as soon as possible, do not delay, because circumstances can change in a moment, and there are a lot of things that can go worse in the future, because one thing is certain -- no human can control everything and there may occur unforeseen circumstances making the accomplishment of dreams much more difficult and even truly impossible.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
bomohwkl

Vesko wrote
In one of the audio interviews, Michel Desmarquet has been asked, based on his abduction experience, what should we (humans) do? He said we should follow our hearts
We have two hemispheres of brain. One of it deals with analytical thinking and the other half deals with emotions. When you look carefully, left and right hemispheric brains are connected by corpus callosum. It serves as a communication link between the two hemispheres. Gas discharge visualisation conducted by Tom showed that the auric intensity became more harmonious while concentrating on the cross. The exercise encourages communication between the two hemispheres. It is logically to say that neither emotion nor analytical thinking should be neglected in any tasks (or process of life). For example, doing something because it is logical to do, will not result in any significant achievement if no spices of higher emotions involved in the process and vice versa.
Lena

what really gets me motivated? I want God to be proud of me :roll: