Empath Anyone?

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Alisima

Empath Anyone?

Anyone here an empath??

I tend to think I am. Firstly because i've got almost all the "traits" of an empath. Secondly, i often experienced emotions that are not mine. I also have emotions for objects, like a pencil. I cant explain them. But the pencil, or whatever non-living object, triggers an emotion in me. Although one could not say "sad" or "happy". I just feel something.

Anyone had similar experiences??
Don't read my signature.
Yothu

yes with plants and crystals.

sometimes a thing (a ring, a brush or a candle) can trigger emotions or a short 'flash-movie' in me that is connected to somebody else because it has been used by them or is their property.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Vesko

I find myself able to identify with others' thoughts and actions, and playing "what if" scenarios in my mind. I have also felt sorry or glad for objects, as if they were live things. This allows me to partly "experience" other people's and objects' lives and existence, and learn about the myriad aspects of the world that cannot be learned by external observation only.

But there's a side to this that makes me want to leave the company of individual people or crowds that I do not like. I find myself "picking up" their negative emotions. Of course, the reverse is true for people I like. I can find myself glued to people I like.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Alisima

Yeah me too, i dont like those "lower" emotions. They take me over. I often get headaches when im in such a situation.

My parent always said: "you shouldnt judge people when you dont even know them". But i did knew them!! :lol:
Don't read my signature.
Vesko

In the past years, I have been taken over by negative emotions all too much. I didn't like too many things, and that's why I started questioning the very fundamentals of how we live, and then that lead me to reading various spirituality books. Empathy has played a big role in the whole process. Once I realized by reading other people's thoughts, not directly, but through empathy, that virtually nobody is truly living but is actually "vegetating" in suffering, I understood that I had to live a lot differently.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Kestrel

Heh, definitly something going on with me.

Odd, I never thought about some of these things you're mentioning before.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Leo

Anyone here an empath??
Everyone is empathetic to a certain degree, me on a very minor scale, my wife on the other hand.... she gets "emotion overload". She can't go to shopping malls for too long as she gets emotionally exhausted. She can pick up what someone is feeling even in chat rooms on the internet.
A few weeks ago we took a trip to Cairns (by plane) (yep same Cairns Michel got abducted from), I hate flying, get nautious, nervous, dizzy, etc...(why, I have found out is a different story) she loves flying, never had a problem until she flew with me, she got same symptoms, and swore she would never fly with me again :oops: sad thing is we will be flying to Sweden soon to see her family. 24 hours in a plane with me, she is gonna be a wreck :twisted:
They have eyes, but they do not see - ears, but they do not hear...
Alisima

There is a trick which goes with empathy. It is about shutting down external input. Where you control your level of empathy. However, i find it quite hard to do. Most of the time i WANT to be alone, just to kill the background noise.
Don't read my signature.
Kestrel

Alisima wrote:There is a trick which goes with empathy. It is about shutting down external input. Where you control your level of empathy. However, i find it quite hard to do. Most of the time i WANT to be alone, just to kill the background noise.
:lol: Its the little knob on the back of you're head, right under you're hairline. Just ajust up or down.

This is simply an assumption, a guess nothing more.
I think this could be classified as a ability. There for, abilities are applied, meaning weather or not we can controll it at the current time, we can still apply them. So there for one must learn how to control this ability.

So I am guessing that you could some how learn how to controll it?
But I am guessing thats similar to what some one else said.

I can some times with certin people its odd their emotion. You don't see it with you're eyes on their face. But you feel it. This would be empathy, if so I can relate.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Vesko

Leo wrote:Everyone is empathetic to a certain degree, me on a very minor scale, my wife on the other hand.... she gets "emotion overload". She can't go to shopping malls for too long as she gets emotionally exhausted. She can pick up what someone is feeling even in chat rooms on the internet.
A few weeks ago we took a trip to Cairns (by plane) (yep same Cairns Michel got abducted from), I hate flying, get nautious, nervous, dizzy, etc...(why, I have found out is a different story) she loves flying, never had a problem until she flew with me, she got same symptoms, and swore she would never fly with me again :oops: sad thing is we will be flying to Sweden soon to see her family. 24 hours in a plane with me, she is gonna be a wreck :twisted:
What are the benefits of being married to a truer / thoroughbred Atlantean? ;) The book says the original inhabitants of Atlantis went to Northern Europe (Sweden is there, too). They were very white and blond, and the people there are such, too.

The "why, I have found out is a different story" is something to do with a previous incarnation? Re-living the very moment of trauma during such a past life is going to cure you from this condition. You said elsewhere you've gone back already, so I'm sure it would be easy and beneficial to do it again.
bomohwkl

but through empathy, that virtually nobody is truly living but is actually "vegetating" in suffering, I understood that I had to live a lot differently.
I think most people needs some sort of assistance when someone truely suffer a lot. Emphathy is a good way to understand why the person suffers so much. Sometimes, they just dont want to tell because they think that no one could understand their emotional suffering. However, it is important to form an unattached emphathy where you can control whether you want to allow the emotions to pass into you or not. Emphathy is a very important tool when we want to help people to help themselves.
Vesko

Agreed, Bomohwkl. Controlled empathy is A Good Thing (tm).
Leventis

I feel that I am an empath. I read about it recently. For years now I can pick up on other peoples feelings. Unfortunatelly most of the time negative feelings. If someone in the friendship group feels sad I pick it up very easily and I my-self feel sad. When I am in a place with a lot of people like metro(ouu lots of sad ppl there) I get all messed up. I 've learnt to kind of block out the metro situation. Everytime I hag people I believe that I am able to express a lot and receive a lot. If you believe in chakras (I think I read this on the book but I won't take an oath about it) the heart chakras forms a connection when touch one another. A lot of times I feel love some times I feel uncomfortable. When I like someone I hug them more tightly and with more feeling. Most of the time it makes me feel great. (at least on the people I love and i know love me back) After reading a bit about telepathy I realise that I also feel positive emotions. (I just said it too :p) Sometimes I can get really hyper active when people around are hapy and excited. I start feeling the same way.. sometimes I get all crazy about it. I dunno. I have told my best friend a couple of times that many times I feel how other people feel around me. I have tend to notice the bad feelings more. From now on though I will try to focus on the nice feelings. :D

What I said about the metro.. you might be wondering how does he cut them off. (Sometimes I think if its psychological or really "hypernatural"(I couldn't think of a better word I hope you understand what I am trying to say)) Well, I either tend to look out the window and blank my mind or think of something nice. Something I have tried is to short of meditate. I stand look down at one spot as if it is a concentration exercise and try to blank my mind. It is also a way to constructively use my time in the metro. I see transportation as a way of losing time, so if you can take advantage of it.. i think its cool
Leventis
The only good is knowledge and the only evil ignorance.
-Socrates
Alisima

Once you realise the thought is not your own, you can use that knowledge and explain to your yourself why you have those (negative) thoughts. But that takes a real "relaxed" approach, it took me more than 20 years!!
Don't read my signature.
Frozn

I would consider myself VERY sensitive to the vibrations (Moods/feelings) of others, especially, as Leventis noted, in crowded public places. For a period of years, I found this sensitivity to be a great burden and hindrance instead of realizing that it is indeed a special gift. There are several things I would like to touch on here from my experience.

Originally posted by Leventis
When I am in a place with a lot of people like metro(ouu lots of sad ppl there) I get all messed up. I 've learnt to kind of block out the metro situation. Everytime I hag people I believe that I am able to express a lot and receive a lot.
I relate very much to your metro situation. I suffered for a long time over trying to block that kind of overload, only to realize that I was going against my own nature by doing so. Next time you find yourself in the situation (and this goes for anyone) where you are overcome by sensation in a sea of thoughts/feelings of sad/materialistic people to the point of overload, simply envision yourself as carrying a candle through the darkness you feel, and letting it shine on and soothe those around you. Even if it has NO effect on others, it is still something good to focus on other than feeling overwhelmed, and I am pretty sure the message of love and light is transmitted telepathically, although subtle, and have noticed a difference in that so-called ocean of thought.

(My original post, in it's entirety has caused me to start another topic discussing empathy as it relates to telepathy. The entire post can be found under the new Empathy or Telepathy? topic.)
Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you. For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. - Gospel of Thomas