Inner Sound

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

ptex

Alisima wrote:
I think I should just use an alarm as when I am meditating.
I think you should not. Imagine someone sleeping very peacefully, dreaming the most pleasant dream he ever dreamt. Suddenly you wake him up with a irritating beeping sound. A sound that will not stop unless he moves...
I absolutely agree with You Alisima.
Once I was deeply meditating in the living room when suddenly the phone began to ring... it rang loudly and with that rather aggressive sound they usually make and although it happened several years ago I still remember the sensation that followed as if it happened yesterday... I almost fainted (!) and after that I remained in such a dizzy state for several weeks in a row... quite an experience I must say. So while meditating, please switch off phones, cellullars, alarms and anything else that can "bring you back in a sudden manner". The best hours, as TC mentions, are usually during early morning (very little interpherence can occur during these times). The process of coming back from profound meditation should thus start slowly and with a harmonious / soothing music. I found the following to be probably a good example of this: an accoustic progressive alarm clock that is based on a Tibetan Bowl. The company is called Now & Zen. I still haven't tried it out though ;-)
Rezo

Boy I'd like to get one of those digital zen clocks, they look pretty nice [pretty pricey though I have to say].