Chalko: 'Most people on Earth will die well before 2012'

Discussion on preserving Nature: preventing the pollution, destruction and disbalancing of the finely-tuned natural ecosystems on our planet.

Moderator: Moderators

shezmear

Hi ******

Welcome to the forum :)

With out getting into semantics…

It’s not really as much a “prediction” as it is my “opinion”

You’re more then welcome to share yours about our future :)
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Teda

Shezmear wrote:it’s like we have become mastering of TALKING and the world rolls on.
Exactly!
****** wrote:I think that it rather irresposible to make such "precise" prediction.
Fear and preoccuptation?

Teda
Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

- Maori proverb
anonymousbeing

Shezmear wrote:Hi ******

Welcome to the forum :)

With out getting into semantics…

It’s not really as much a “prediction” as it is my “opinion”

You’re more then welcome to share yours about our future :)
Opinion:a thought or belief about something ;a judgment about someone or something
Prediction:when you say what will happen in the future

It is still a prediction. According to Tom's judgement/opinion, it is predicted that the world will end in 2011.
anonymousbeing

Teda wrote: Fear and preoccuptation?

Teda

PANIC!!!!!!!!! FRUSTRATION.

What if a doctor suddenly said, you, your friends and your family are going to die on Jan 2008 and you couldn't do a thing about it
shezmear

Doctors make these claims all the time hence, they say, “go get a second opinion”

My personal view is not souly based on Tom’s thoughts or predictions; Tom is not the only human being saying there is a problem with our planet, I am forever hearing on Radio National Australia about global warming, thinning glaziers, deforestation, warming oceans and its relative effects on the environment and animals and people contained with in it.

I’m not going to stand by any dates, but I will stand by this, unless something is done in a big way, then I can not see how things will improve, but only continue to get worse, at what rate?... is anybody guess.
J.C
Teda

Shezmear wrote:Doctors make these claims all the time hence, they say, “go get a second opinion”

My personal view is not souly based on Tom’s thoughts or predictions; Tom is not the only human being saying there is a problem with our planet, I am forever hearing on Radio National Australia about global warming, thinning glaziers, deforestation, warming oceans and its relative effects on the environment and animals and people contained with in it.

I’m not going to stand by any dates, but I will stand by this, unless something is done in a big way, then I can not see how things will improve, but only continue to get worse, at what rate?... is anybody guess.
Have you heard of the saying 'success lies where intention is'?

Teda

- Maori proverb
Robanan

****** wrote:
Teda wrote: Fear and preoccuptation?

Teda

PANIC!!!!!!!!! FRUSTRATION.

What if a doctor suddenly said, you, your friends and your family are going to die on Jan 2008 and you couldn't do a thing about it
I think it's outmost irresponsible to make such a post! :!:

This forum is for people who at least want to know why, and at it's best want to do something about it. Who said you can't do something about it? Tom? Michel? it's just you isn't it?
shezmear

No Teda I have never herd that saying, but it makes a lot of sense :)

Please understand this is not about me wanting it to happen, this is just what I see, if you gave me a choice I would prefer it not to happen,

Please understand I am not trying to step on anyone`s ideals, this is just what see, I to have ideals about the world, but, if I step back and look, then this is what I see based on our current path.

Unless your proposing that we join together to change the world? :)
J.C
Teda

Shezmear,

I think most of us here would prefer it not to happen. The problem I see with mass media is its influences on the way we think and feel. When we are emotionally charged by the news it doesn’t help anyone or the world one bit, does it? But we can change our world by changing ourselves and by looking at the consequences of our thoughts and actions both directly and indirectly. We are the product of our experience and if you are happy with the product, others will like your product then that is how we inspire others to change and the chain reaction will do the rest. People do care, they just need an inspiration.

Teda

- Maori proverb
shezmear

Teda

I agree :-k

yet, It is one thing to be inspired and another to actually take action, if only we had someone suitable to assist out civilization that was not going to be, Bought,Killed, or Corrupted by the world at large.

Of course the answer is “Unification under a peaceful banner”, the challenge remains in organizing our selves :-k
J.C
Teda

Shezmear wrote:yet, It is one thing to be inspired and another to actually take action
Until the last piece of puzzle is found, there's no turning back. :sail:

Teda

- Maori proverb
survivor

Stupid human nature

It would take a little over 5years, to replace/convert the worlds petrol driven vehicles to hydrogen. (Good luck to the planet) :roll:

So called experts put a spin on everything and brush off global warming as natural disasters’. The sheep off this world have huge investments in oil company/s, there is no way they would give up their wealth, remember that, the C.E.O’s of such polluting company/s believe they will be dead, before the world crumbles.

When sheep don’t understand the truth and/or are simply blinded by material wealth-only then, the “MOTHER” of all disasters, could wake them up.

..therefore, I don’t see much change happening anytime soon, even John Howard (Australian Prime Minister) today, is talking about building a nu-clear power station at
[Port Stephens N.S.W] and that’s only due to the area been patrolled by ‘fighter jets’. I should know, having spent a week there last year. (very nice place)

15yrs ago I wrote a song, here is a line;

..and if our world explodes, its thanks, to stupid-human nature.
Aisin

Re: Stupid human nature

survivor wrote:It would take a little over 5years, to replace/convert the worlds petrol driven vehicles to hydrogen. (Good luck to the planet) :roll:
You mean, if we start doing it now, we might completely replace the engines in 5 years, right?

Well, all the vehicles marketed in my area are still petrol fuelled. Which part of the world has anybody started mass producing and actively marketing hydrogen engine vehicles?
survivor

Re: Stupid human nature

Aisin wrote:
survivor wrote:It would take a little over 5years, to replace/convert the worlds petrol driven vehicles to hydrogen. (Good luck to the planet) :roll:
You mean, if we start doing it now, we might completely replace the engines in 5 years, right?
Yes, that is exactly what I mean, And in relation to the year 2012.
Aisin wrote: Which part of the world has anybody started mass producing and actively marketing hydrogen engine vehicles?
None that I'm aware of, hence, Good luck to the planet. :roll:

The closest we have to a 'greener' fuel that is on mass production is ..Bio Diesel.
ptex

Very few hydrogen initiatives

Aisin wrote: Which part of the world has anybody started mass producing and actively marketing hydrogen engine vehicles?
There are some interesting initiatives though. A Hydrogen bike has been announced 1 year ago and it's being produced (to be publicly released during 2007) is named: ENV Bike
During 2004 there was a Hydrogen Cuel Cell Marathon between done as a marketing tool by Opel to conquer some hearts (but not more than that).
Here's a quote from their web site:
GM Europe web site wrote:GM and Opel/Vauxhall tested the durability and day-to-day reliability of their fuel-cell-propelled vehicle, HydroGen3. The 10,000 km trip took the prototype through 14 countries: from Hammerfest (Norway), Europe’s northernmost town, to the Portuguese capital of Lisbon and nearby Cabo da Roca, the westernmost point of the European continent.
These are good initiatives but unfortunately not enough. This industry is advancing very slowly considering that we have this technology for several decades.