Charity contribution

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

ghost

You must only help when you see a genuine effort from the candidate to improve his condition, and it seems it wont be able to do it without it, or would take too long... yes, it means you must be cautious, necessity is the best teacher, they might need that lesson, hence you will "harm your spirits" when you help someone that shouldnt be helped... you are denying them a lot of things and slowing their development. (like the feeling of accomplishment, the confidence they might need, etc... And to know they can do it without needing to wait for some magnanimous being from above to baby-sit them, arent this one of the most criticized human defect? isnt religion the 2nd worst problem? Do you want to condemn someone to a lifetime (or maybe even worse) of eternal waiting, and frustration, just so you can feel like you did something good? Cant you see how bad this is? Why is this a problematic quote? it seems pretty obvious to me... you are causing a waste of the universe's energy... :evil: And making someone suffer in the process, making them feel worthless or feeding a childish feeling of helplessness.. i can think of so much bad chain reactions here, i feel tempted to write for hours, you can probably notice that...)

As a rule, only help those that ARE NOT ASKING FOR HELP, and, if appropiate, ask if they want you to, BEFORE YOU DO IT (it might be unappropriate to do so, like in a emergency, when you must act fast). Beggars obviously doesnt fit in that category. If you must help, like victims of a tsunami, get out of your fat [moderated] and go there, if you cant, then your best help is to HELP YOURSELF, DEVELOP YOURSELF BEFORE TRYING TO HELP OTHERS... IF YOU WERE HERE TO HELP ANYONE ELSE OTHER THAN YOURSELVES, YOU WOULD ALREADY KNOW, WOULDNT YA? WAKE UP!
shezmear

Hi ghost

I thought you raised some intelligent points and raised some interesting questions, it certainly made me think and I have reread you post several times because I like it’s “straight up” approach :)

The last part of you post I have little trouble understanding, and if I am wrong please correct me,

In order to communicate you have to inspire the ear and mind of your listeners, if you “offend them” they simply “do not listen” to you and all your words of wisdom go down the drain.

This sort of stuff (the last part of your post).

As a rule, only help those that ARE NOT ASKING FOR HELP, and, if appropiate, ask if they want you to, BEFORE YOU DO IT (it might be unappropriate to do so, like in a emergency, when you must act fast). Beggars obviously doesnt fit in that category. If you must help, like victims of a tsunami, get out of your fat [moderated] and go there, if you cant, then your best help is to HELP YOURSELF, DEVELOP YOURSELF BEFORE TRYING TO HELP OTHERS... IF YOU WERE HERE TO HELP ANYONE ELSE OTHER THAN YOURSELVES, YOU WOULD ALREADY KNOW, WOULDNT YA? WAKE UP!

Will just put people off, and I think this is counter productive to your goal and does not do your post justice.

Please if I have completely miss read it let me know, and I will retract what I have said :)
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
ghost

Everyone commit mistakes, you and me included, so no need to take anything back, i understand mistakes, and hope to be understood too.. i dont get easily offended, and if one cant have some sense of humor, and discard everything in the message that easy, one probably arent ready for it anyway... I used to, but now i dont care anymore if anyone will listen or not. I tried to inspire people to listen, but now I need inspiration to inspire, i.e intelligent company, that comes back to only help if its not really needed, which means helping is often useless, if it is really to be called "helping", cause most of the time you're making a disfavor... anything you cant get for for yourself is probably not deserved, see all the technology for what it is used? by who? did they invent those or DONATED MONEY for someone else do it... cant you see a relation?

I just meant that you should go there to see if you can really help (and propably/hopefully realize you must work on yourself first!), and not just send money and think you are helping, thats self deceit, and will have grim consequences..

i was just like that, tryed to help everyone, everytime.. now i realize how wrong i were.. good (and guilty, check your emotions!) people, are very tempted to help, resist it, its often NOT a good idea... watch for those that arent hopeless and try to help, WITHOUT THEIR KNOWLEDGE OF IT, and just a little, like spice... you wont get the glory, maybe just a bit of satisfaction, but you're not looking for it, are you? :twisted: (check your feelings)
shezmear

I guess, to show some consideration for the words that you use and the way you “deliver” them, to talk to them not at them, even if one is co called “right”,

I think it is o.k. if people wish to send donations to support others in need, I think better then doing nothing at all, and yes you can’t help everybody, some times people need to walk a path for there own reasons, I certainly have seen this in my life.
J.C
ghost

of course its ok, its THEIR freedom of choice... not mine :twisted:

u wanna help? DEVELOP yourself. You will be taken where you are needed... I F needed.
More often than not you will be where YOU, NEED to be.
shezmear

yes, I agree :)
J.C
survivor

The way money is collected and distributed amongst charities is a whole new thread in its own right but, at the 'end of the day', yes, it is one's choice to donate.
Vesko

Ghost wrote:Why is this a problematic quote? it seems pretty obvious to me... you are causing a waste of the universe's energy..
Why is it a problematic quote? For one, because it forbids against any and all charity giving. I don't think you are actually saying that one should never give to any person that begs you for charity, and that if you give, in all cases of such giving you will harm your spirits. Please elaborate.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
ghost

If you weren't there to help, what would have happened to that person? Would "god" (or the person's higher self, for that matter, whatever :?) allow an unnecessary suffering? You really believe that you were there to help? Maybe to prove you are a good person to god(HS), right? If this were really true, wouldn't you already know? Receive a message or something, or come from Thiaoouba with that specific mission, how can you know that this isnt already happening? Oh, maybe you have "that gut feeling". Are you wanting to prove something to someone (yourself probably), maybe so you can get your green card out of this hell, back to paradise?
... oh! human selfishness... (can u see?)
maybe you want to buy some "useful" help in the future...(can u see now the harm?)... raise your credit with the universe, so when you dont get it, you can whine, with your victim mentality. (can u see now the harm?).. You should not want help, much less expect it... So if you dont want to be "helped" in the future, don't! What if you get addicted to it?

" I don't think you are actually saying that one should never give to any person that begs you for charity, and that if you give, in all cases of such giving you will harm your spirits."

Then think again... about the ultimate consequences of not helping.... and then continue reading: Do you want to be part of that system? If you want you will be...
Dont understand yet?
I shall "HELP" you out: What if that begging person knew, NO ONE were going to help?

I tell you, all worthy help is useless, unnecessary, accessory, superfluous, ultimately an extravagance. It can, though, be used to save some time (superfluous). So, paradoxally, all worthy help is worthless. So, I tell you, "help" YOURSELF, which is actually not help, is acting, help is superfluous, acting is its opposite. If you do, you will be helping more than any other way YOU can imagine.

"If a blind man leads a blind man, they will both fall into a pit."

This of course doesnt mean you cannot be kind, friend, blah blah blah.. totally unrelated... god, supposedly love you, and still, do you see it deliberately helping you? why is that? Maybe IT is protecting IT's spirit? :twisted: Or you rather think IT doesnt love you? You are free to choose...

As I said, I dont care if anyone will listen[1] The Chosen choose themselves...
truth must be the only required inspiration..[2]

[1]
"When the crop ripened, he came quickly carrying a sickle and harvested it. Anyone here with two good ears had better listen!"

for...

[2]
"(if) You do not realize who I am from what I say to you, (but) you have become like the Jews, for they (either) love the tree and hate its fruit (or) love the fruit and hate the tree."

...Enough of face-rubbing, err.. I mean.. elaboration... :evil:
ghost

"I guess, to show some consideration for the words that you use and the way you “deliver” them, to talk to them not at them, even if one is co called “right”, ... "

"Whoever blasphemes against the Father will be forgiven, and whoever blasphemes against the son will be forgiven, but whoever blasphemes against the holy spirit will not be forgiven, either on earth or in heaven."

I never said I was ever right, that would be "unforgivable" :twisted: (you understand?) ... I hope you question the truth of my words, thats "forgivable" (you see?), not the sincerity with I utter them.

"I think better then doing nothing at all, and yes you can’t help everybody,..."

Sure it is better than doing nothing at all, can you see, then, how bad "doing nothing at all" is?? And its still the greatest of temptations, isnt it? Just because you can find an infinite number of worse possibilities, means doing something wrong is ok? You may find, the hardest way, that you cant deplete that resource :? ... (I personally know people that even seek comfort, and feel reassured when they can find any, do you know anyone? )
Dispersing your energy trying to help everybody (like you've said you cant because of that), or doing nothing, is a waste, your energy is stronger when focused in ONE single spot, the CLOSEST one, can you see? Everybody wins this way.

Enough, for I harmed my spirit too much for one thread ;)
but again:

"What you will hear in your ear, in the other ear proclaim from your rooftops.

After all, no one lights a lamp and puts it under a basket, nor does one put it in a hidden place. Rather, one puts it on a lampstand so that all who come and go will see its light."

Can you identify the difference?

Regards...
one

Greetings.
Having read the ideas displayed in this section, I was able to sort out some ideas about the so-called “charity”.
Let’s remember that “charity” is a virtue; a gift which is not inherent of any individual.
Therefore, “Friends of the poor”, “Friends of the forgotten elder”, “Friends of the dying children” are only badges for the convenience of “institutionalized charity”. And what is “institutionalized charity” but a regulator for the harmony of interests? Anyway…
1. Is it possible to size the quality of the giver’s motive?
Helping sounds awful. ‘Excuse me, Sir. Can I help you to crawl across the street?” And a rather delicate matter on master/ slave morality, because it reinforces distinctive parts as if such antagonism was a natural process of its own evaluation. Why do we keep our poor? Keep our addicts? Keep our hookers? A church must have its sinners for the sake of its saints. It’s safe, it’s cheap. Me here, you there.
How about giving? Perhaps too much dispositional orientated?
What about sharing? It sizes merit, doesn’t it?
And gifting? No moral negotiation implied? “I don’t pity you, I won’t be your savior, I don’t owe you anything either.” How affordable is that?
2. Would a rather conflictive motive invalidate the purity of the act?
Well, it won’t be hard to assume that whichever act comes out naturally, it’s justified in itself. In other words, as long as it is genuine, it is benevolent. After all, you were cold and I had a spare coat. It didn’t jeopardize your integrity, did it? Accepting the coat was your call. Generosity proves nothing.
3. If so, does it really matter?
As it was said above: “If a blind man leads a blind man, they will both fall into a pit." Well, if a blind man leads TO a blind man… then again, it’s YOUR call. LOL
4. How honest it is to select the worthiest of the most needing?
Oh my! Nobility comes cheap, doesn’t it? LOL
Now, an interesting point: "I think better then doing nothing at all…”
I say: Do nothing. You can’t error with that one, can you? LOL
Now serious, there is no “nothing”. Better than doing nothing at all is carrying your own burden. Better inspiring rather than helping, because some might do the same and clean their own mess as well. ‘Charity” only prolongs the torments.
“Wanna help? Help yourself.” After all, isn’t helping a matter of taste?
Go and take your little monster out for dinner. :roll: