Are younger generation more pampered?

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

anonymousbeing

Are younger generation more pampered?

Are younger generation more pampered? What challenges that older generations have faced while the younger don't? What problems that the younger generations are facing while the previous don't?
Alisima

From what I read I see you want to know the differences in upbringing between your generation and older generations. Why??
Don't read my signature.
Yothu

Alisima, you as a sociologist might tell us something about the "why"-s

Firstly, anonymousbeing, please elaborate your question. What exactly do you mean by "pampered more than elder generations"?

Secondly, let's not just state things like "It's because, and that is because, and that is why etc." but undermine assumptions with a basis. It does not sound very profound to me if somebody tells his thoughts without explaining his reasons why he came to the very former.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Alisima

Yothu wrote:Alisima, you as a sociologist might tell us something about the "why"-s
I am no sociologist.

There is no difference between the newer generations and the older ones. Man is still asleep. He was asleep 1000 years ago and he is still. The only difference is that today we have a variety of gadgets (technology) at our disposel so we don't have to work as hard as in the past. These technologies gives us new ways to spend our time, but if the same technologies are taken away, we become beasts again. We have no civilisation, it only seems so. There are perhapse a handfull of people in every country which, under the right circumstances, might become a Buddha, a Jesus, an enlightened man. But generaly we are mostly beasts. Why?? Because men (and women too) is not centered. He switches from one personality to another. Men is schizophrenic. Today he is a saint and tomorrow he is a sinner.

As long as that is the case, that man is asleep, it doesn't matter whether he is pampered or not, it makes no difference.
Don't read my signature.
Yothu

Ok ok. Thanks for your opinion Alisima.
Seems this is the "from above" point of view. 8)

So, I think the point with technology is a problematic issue. We seem not to be in the condition to use the technology at our disposal in a healthy way. In regard to "being pampered" that means to me that people save time by using a dishwasher for example but then are not able to spend the saved time appropriately (whatever that may mean to an individual). So, in the end it could be that people would be better off if they would have done dishwashing themselves, instead of "suffering from boredom at its byeffects".
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
anonymousbeing

Let's say in 50s, students had to dissect the eye of a cow to learn the structure of the eye. Nowsaday, it is called cruelty by soft-hearted people. How can we impart the true learning by skipping the practical. Students have less hours spent on physical exercise. They have the freedom to opt out fgrom such exercise. Some students have never ever run in their life. They complained it is too stressful to run. In old time, physical exercise was compulsory and competative sport was encouraged. Nowsday, students are very 'handicapped'. Probably, they would never survive if ever the earth has to go through a violent process of healing.
shezmear

Alisima for the first time I agree with you...

This is the technological evolution as a pose to spiritual evolution; spiritual evolution (cultivating the mind) is really the foundation of any intelligent civilization.

I think the younger generation are not really pampered as much as they are polluted…there are a lot of distractions in this world, and many of them are put in our way by people who want to just make money, money at all costs.

Every Friday night hear in Melbourne, the common folk go down to the coliseum, oops I mean football ground to watch the gladiator’s,oops I mean footballers, fight over a bit of inflated rubber, they arrive in there droves, with there tribal colors on there face,oops I mean, club colors all over there bodies and clothes and think nothing of it.

I think people need a degree of adversity to help them to become inventive and resourceful, someone once said to me there is a very good reason why we have limited resources.

Those actually in control are not really spiritually evolved so it is a case of the blind leading the blind; also I think the universe tends to shake things up if people get to lazy, and to underpin it all according to TP the creator has given every human being the free will to spend it’s time how it wish’s.

So , no I don’t think we are pampered as much as we are polluted, in that nobody is showing us the way out.
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Lena

anonymousbeing wrote:Let's say in 50s, students had to dissect the eye of a cow to learn the structure of the eye. Nowsaday, it is called cruelty by soft-hearted people. How can we impart the true learning by skipping the practical. Students have less hours spent on physical exercise. They have the freedom to opt out fgrom such exercise. Some students have never ever run in their life. They complained it is too stressful to run. In old time, physical exercise was compulsory and competative sport was encouraged. Nowsday, students are very 'handicapped'. Probably, they would never survive if ever the earth has to go through a violent process of healing.
I don't think those assumptions are necessarily true. I don't know how old you are or where you live, but at my high school, at least 60% of the students are active in sports. everyone is required to run the mile. we have physical education. It's true, though, that there are a handfull of students who still don't excersise and end up failing gym class, but that's going to happen in any generation. Also, I did actually dissect a cow eye in middle school. :roll:

As far as being "pampered" goes, I don't think the younger generation suffers any more or less than the older generation did. with or without technology, adolesents are going to struggle with something, wheather it's physical labor or pressure to do well on the SAT, it's a part of growing up.