Gospel of Thomas 7

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

bomohwkl

Gospel of Thomas 7

Jesus said," Fortunate is the lion that human will eat, so that the lion becomes human. And foul is the human that lion will eat, and lion become human."

Anyone knows the meaning?
Vesko

Only twisted at first sight because of word order.
Here lion is symbol of animal instincts, materialism, unspirituality; man is the antipode to that, i.e. symbol of spirituality.
Fortunate is the unspiritual guy that takes on spirituality (lion eats human, lion becomes human).
Unfortunate is the spiritual man that takes on unspirituality (human eats lion, human becomes lion).
Christ likes plays on logic, I admit. But this is certainly not a specimen of true ninth-category-speak :).
BTW I have never read The Gospel of Thomas, and I look forward to discussing it more. Bomohwkl, what do you think about setting up a wiki for this purpose, as Lachie proposed?
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Lachie

Perhaps it is also a commentary on people associating with one another... unfortunate is the spiritual man who hangs around with unspiritual people, etc.

lachie
God is a games designer =]