Little Tricks

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Lachie

Little tricks

Hi guys,

I'd like to devote a thread for the 'little tricks' that we figure out gradually over the course of our lifetimes. I will get the ball rolling...

After reading the lotus position discussion in another post, i thought I would post about a trick that I have learned about the lotus position. I do not even go into the full lotus or half lotus, i sit there with my legs crossed. Here is the trick: keep your fingers and hands in the classic position - thumb and forefinger touching with the others splayed out in a natural position.

Keep your finger and thumb touching one another VERY SLIGHTLY - you'll feel the touch like the brush of a butterfly's wings - and focus on that sensation. In me, this triggers off the first stages of an astral projection within 5 minutes! I can feel my spirit start to float around me and roll about and if i focus hard enough I can get that feeling that you get when distances get confused, when your hands seem a million miles away and also 2 inches from your face.

Thats the only trick i can think of now. See if you guys can have it happen!

:Lachie:
God is a games designer =]
Marcus

Will try, thanks Lachie. 5 minutes is great.

I have post it notes around personal areas. For example at work I have a note right in my field of view that says, "The Bigger Picture" whenever I find I get too involved in problems or unecessary thoughts, I am reminded straight away what my bigger picture is and how to overcome the stress of the moment.

It has been put to good use in other annoying habbits I have too :wink:
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Alisima

This is from Tibetan Dream and Sleep Yoga.

This is what you need to do.

Whatever happen, just think that everything around you is a dream. Stay concious of living in a dream the whole day. That everything you feel and experience is just a dream. That every action and reaction are just dream-actions.

Its feel like meditating the whole day through.
Don't read my signature.
survivor

Tiger Plays with ball

I believe the Buddists call this; Tiger Plays with ball.

Sit in the lotus position, or at least with legs crossed.

Hands out in front of you, waist height, your hands are only slighty apart (not touching) close eyes and look through eye lids, slowly move your hands apart, back and forth, as you do this, you should feel heat sensations between the hands, it will also feel like your hands are joined by a rubber band, after perhaps 5min-I have noticed (looking through the eye lids) the color violet and flashes of green aura...very relaxing.
Zark

Re: Tiger Plays with ball

survivor wrote:I believe the Buddists call this; Tiger Plays with ball.

Sit in the lotus position, or at least with legs crossed.

Hands out in front of you, waist height, your hands are only slighty apart (not touching) close eyes and look through eye lids, slowly move your hands apart, back and forth, as you do this, you should feel heat sensations between the hands, it will also feel like your hands are joined by a rubber band, after perhaps 5min-I have noticed (looking through the eye lids) the color violet and flashes of green aura...very relaxing.
Hey I used to do this a lot! Thanks for giving it a name :-)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
shezmear

Lachie you said:

Keep your finger and thumb touching one another VERY SLIGHTLY - you'll feel the touch like the brush of a butterfly's wings - and focus on that sensation. In me, this triggers off the first stages of an astral projection within 5 minutes! I can feel my spirit start to float around me and roll about and if i focus hard enough I can get that feeling that you get when distances get confused, when your hands seem a million miles away and also 2 inches from your face.

I have had this, when in consentration another example is when you feel as big as a mountain and as small as a pin head, is this great expance, at this point this usually breaks my consentration as i feel uneasy.
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
survivor

Shezmear, you said
shezmear wrote: I have had this, when in consentration another example is when you feel as big as a mountain and as small as a pin head, is this great expance, at this point this usually breaks my consentration as i feel uneasy.
Now a few weeks ago I had read the above post and it didn’t click until I re-read it yesterday. When I was a very young boy, I would sometimes have a dream that made me feel the way you have mentioned above. When I would wake, I knew it was a very strange dream, one that did not make any sense, what so-ever. It also made me feel uneasy. Also it’s very hard to describe, I’m sure you explained it the best way possible, But still, it’s not the way it appears. (Am I right?)
shezmear

survivor wrote:Shezmear, you said
shezmear wrote: I have had this, when in consentration another example is when you feel as big as a mountain and as small as a pin head, in this great expance, at this point this usually breaks my consentration as i feel uneasy.
Now a few weeks ago I had read the above post and it didn’t click until I re-read it yesterday. When I was a very young boy, I would sometimes have a dream that made me feel the way you have mentioned above. When I would wake, I knew it was a very strange dream, one that did not make any sense, what so-ever. It also made me feel uneasy. Also it’s very hard to describe, I’m sure you explained it the best way possible, But still, it’s not the way it appears. (Am I right?)
Yes, i used to get it when i was a child, also i get it when i meditate if i go very deep, I`m sure it is a aspect of consciousness, sometimes i even incounter a sound that sounds like a consistant breaking wave, that gets so loud my head feels like it is going to explode, tom say`s there are some viberation layers bwteen you and your higher self that one must pass through, this has sertonly been my experience, that is when every i get deep enough in consentration i incounter these events.
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C