Higher Self Intervention

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Marcus

Higher Self Intervention

I would like to share a story which happen to my mother.

My mother was in her early 20's and living in Sydney Australia at the time. The place she was living had shared laundry facilities. The washing machine was in dire need of repair and had exposed live wires.

One day she was loading the washing machine when her finger touched an exposed wire. As you can guess she was electrouted. As she was being electrocuted a dog walked in and tripped over the wire which my mother was attached to. My mother was then sent flying across the room. She then barely made an emergency call and was rushed to hospital. The doctor said she would of died had the dog not tripped over the wire. She does not know how long she was electrocuted but the burn had burnt down to the bone.

I'm almost 100% certain that her Higher Self intervened and saved her physical life.
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Kestrel

Thats a good story. Marcus.

I cannot think of such an event in my life. I am young and you know I wonder, how many times do we actually are put out of dangers way to save our physcial body from certin death or harm. If you think about it, sometimes say you got sick one morning out of no where and had to cancel doing something. You could have had a accident on you're way to a certin destination ya know. Its something to think about. I mean I think there may times when its obvious that we've recived help like the story Marcus tells us about his mother and I think there would be other times when its so subtle that we do not even notice the higher selfs help.

Anyone else think that makes sence ?
Vesko

Marcus, I'm so glad that your mum was saved. It would be, for one, very strange for dogs to trip over wires like that (I've noticed that animals are very careful where they step, not to mention that most animals are much more fit than most humans), and for another, this to happen in this very moment. It would be even stranger for this to be a coincidence if the dog was not your pet, but rather just a passing one. Was the dog your pet?
Kestrel, agreed that most of the time things are so subtle we cannot notice such interventions. I too have not sensed any particular intervention in my life, but I'm sure there have been quite a few so far. The most dangerous event in my life was when I was several grades in primary school, and I was outside walking with friends around a tall apartment building. Suddenly I heard a strange whooshing sound, and virtually immediately I saw a lump, more like dust, of finely broken glass, literally embedded into the asphalt about a foot from where I was standing. Later I've been told that someone psychically sick has been seen on more than one occassion to throw glass bottles from, I think, the 13th floor of the building. Of course that occurrence proves nothing, but it makes me think now, since that was really, really close!
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Kestrel

Thats a good point about the animals are cautious. I have two cats and they dont trip over stuff, they might miss-judge a jump but thats it.

Yeah, sometimes I dont know if we could really tell.
Marcus

Marcus, I'm so glad that your mum was saved. It would be, for one, very strange for dogs to trip over wires like that (I've noticed that animals are very careful where they step, not to mention that most animals are much more fit than most humans), and for another, this to happen in this very moment. It would be even stranger for this to be a coincidence if the dog was not your pet, but rather just a passing one. Was the dog your pet?
The dog, I'm sure belonged to the landlord. I agree dogs do not normally barge into things or trip which gives evidence that a higher force was interveining.

Your story sounds the like the same occurence. Had the glass bottle hit you, you would of surely met your demise. All the more reason to jump for joy at the ability to be able to learn and be.

Lachie

I have one.

it was about a year ago and I was pulling out of my driveway and I was quite angry or upset, and my mind was preoccupied. I was reversing out and a bird decided to take a *** onto my windscreen! I stopped the car and wiped it off, and another car sped by behind me. I am certain I would have been hit if not for the splat of *** onto my windscreen. I was pretty shaken and awed by that.

Another time I remember I was pulling out of my work. There is a gap in the road where I usually turn, even though it was illegal to turn right there. That night i felt myself think, "I think I'll be a law-abiding boy tonight." and as I drove down the usual exit I was passed by a police car.

Anyway i could recount a hundred little things like that. These contribute to my sense of protection - not invulnerability, but more like - my higher self is setting down guidelines. Like if I speed, thats OK, as long as I drive safely and don't endanger myself or other drivers. If i start driving dangerously I will get a warning or two (speeding ticket), and then I will crash or something.

Thats just a feeling I get, anyway.

Lachie
God is a games designer =]
Vesko

Oh, I just found a hidden page in the book, an addendum to "Thiaoouba Prophecy":

The First Higher Self Joke on Earth (Really the First?)

A bottle is dangerously flying from a high building towards a person on the ground.
The person's Higher Self (HS thereafter) says to him/herself:
"A true HS never worries. A true HS has heaps of time to drink a cup of astral coffee, check the email from the Creator and tidy-up his/her den in this dimension. And no, I will not answer the email today; S/He can wait an eternity."
Time passes. The bottle reaches halfway its trajectory towards the person's head.
The HS gives another solace to him/herself:
"A true HS never worries. A true HS would never forget to check on the other eight astral bums, err, I mean, bodies, would s/he?
The bottle reaches 1 mm before it will make contact with the person's head and kill him on the spot. The HS now cries:
"Oh no, I'm going to get fired again! I have no time to calculate, apply and save the bum! I'm not a true HS!"
Suddenly, the HS hears a thunderous echo from within, a voice of his/her Higher Higher Self:
"You are taking up too much of my processor cycles by staying in your current dimension. Either you switch to a higher dimension ASAP, or we're both going to get fired, you [self-moderated]!"
In a flash of inspiration, the HS switches immediately, but the switch takes time -- the bottle is now 0.000001 cm before the contact. Now, the Higher Higher Self continues hypnotically in an authoritorian, yet calmer voice:
"A true HS never worries. A true HS has heaps of time, as long as YOU have rehearsed your physics and math AND have rested well last night. Or are you stepping on my nerves again? Kid, don't forget your astral pen and paper to draw the graph of the bottle, or I'm gonna have to save our skins by bartering for HS kindergarten thoughtforms, once again..."
A yoctosecond (10^-24 seconds) later, the bottle miraculously disappears in the singularity of a miniature black hole an atom's distance above the person's head.

MORAL OF THE STORY: It's "Drink Coca-Cola"? No --"Care for your HS and help him/her develop; s/he is only human."
Last edited by Vesko on Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Lachie

hahahaha

nice one bro!

lach
God is a games designer =]
Marcus

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I like that Vesselin, very funny.

Vesko

I hope it clears up some of the spiritual tension :).