Hermaphrodites -- Male/Female

Everyone is related to someone else even if neither one knows it. Here's a place to discuss aspirations toward the perfect relationships with our fellow beings.

Moderator: Moderators

purpleprincessts

In this discussion of hermaphrodites and such, one thing that has been left out is Transsexuality. I am a Male to Female transsexual. TP dosen't mention anything about transsexuality. So I don't know what the Thaiooubans view on the subject is. I wonder if the statements thao made about homosexuality could be equaliy applied to transsexuality? BTW I am a lesbian.
May the spirit enlighten you -- The great thaori
InfoSource

I'd seems people wanting to change their gender through surgery is because they have a overwhelmingly desire to be the opposite sex (I was born in the wrong body argument), I don't think mistakes like that happen in reincarnation

I'd say its neurotic disorder just like the book says about homosexuality, but researchers that go into gender issues don't really know the cause of for Transsexuality
BTW I am a lesbian.
Do you agree with the books statement about homosexuality?
Vesko

Be careful here, because the cause for pupleprincessts' transsexuality can be hormonal. The book (please don't take that in any way as personal, purpleprincessts, we are simply discussing the book) says "The homosexual, female as well as male, is a neurotic (when it is not a matter of hormones) and neurotics can't be condemned but, like all neurotics, they should seek treatment." To paraphrase, if it is a hormonal matter, then the homosexual is not a neurotic. So, purpleprincessts, have you done a medical checkup to determine if you have some kind of hormonal disbalance? If you don't want, don't answer -- we are just benevolent people who discuss the book, not evil judges condemning people to hell ;).
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Alisima

No matter what you are, gay, transsexual, or anything fancy, you should realize that you essence, your soul, transcends gender.
You may be a hetero this live and yet be a gay in the next. Don't let that bother you. I personally think that for 2 persons to truly unite they have to be of opposite sex, like + and -. But if that doesn't work in this live, don't condem yourself.
Acceptence is the first step. Accept your nature, although it may be false, it is better than resisting.
Don't read my signature.
Bastian

InfoSource wrote:I don't think mistakes like that happen in reincarnation
I have heard that it is our personal choice whether to be born male or female. I am not sure if that is really true or not, maybe the Higher Self decides? I really don't know. Well at least we do know that we have some degree of choice since we can choose to accept or reject a particular incarnation.

Certainly not everything goes to plan with rebirth. I know people that work in hospitals.. the genetic mistakes and other abnormalities that can happen are really quite sad. It is surely not desired by the Higher Self that two babies be born fused at the head, or a baby without any genitalia at all.

Mistakes do happen once in a while, even in Nature..
"All things derive their life from it [Tao] All things return to it, and it contains them." -- Tao Teh Ching
Bastian

Alisima wrote:No matter what you are, gay, transsexual, or anything fancy, you should realize that you essence, your soul, transcends gender.
I had a dream when I was younger that I am pretty sure was of my previous lives. When I looked into a series of mirrors, instead of seeing my own face I saw that of a young girl with red hair. And in the previous mirror I was an Asian girl. There were other mirrors with other lives too.

So yes I believe our spirit transcends both race and sex. I agree that we should be able to raise ourselves above these material aspects of our being.. but it is so hard for us. Perhaps because we are all immature in spirit. We are such slaves to everything our hormones and lower instincts tell us. So much so that they even define whether we desire to choose a male or female partner.
"All things derive their life from it [Tao] All things return to it, and it contains them." -- Tao Teh Ching
Alisima

Bastian wrote:So yes I believe our spirit transcends both race and sex. I agree that we should be able to raise ourselves above these material aspects of our being..
What I like to append to my previous statement is that it is not the case that one thing is better, or higher, than another. We should not worship our essence (spirit) to the expense of our body (material).
Don't read my signature.
survivor

bomohwkl wrote:
I felt the strongest and straightest sex drive ever for a period of about two or maybe three weeks.
Giggle. Running into forest, only see the trees but not forest. Surely, such physical expression is just a prima sexual drive. That's so common among gay people. Their [moderated] governed their minds. :cry: :cry: Very disappointing. Of course, unfortunately most straight males are like that too. :cry: :cry: . Sometimes, I wonder how can an intellect be male or female and how can our intellect be biased towards the need of sex with opposite sex.............
What seems almost certain to me is that something in childhood went wrong in the lives of homosexuals. Either it was a choice made by the individual or it was 'provoked' by fear inside. I really believe that most homosexuals have a feeling of deep fear burried inside of them. I'd really like to know more about it and speak with a professional. Also I would like to know what kind of 'treatment' can be applied.
Something wrong in my childhood? I could only see that I received so little affection from a father while I was child. Probably that I am yearning for a male affection. But still, it cannot explain why adult male yearns for female affection. I wish I am not gay, my life would be EASIER. I am going to be asexual. My sexual interest has been dwindling for male and couldn't find any sexual interest with female too. After you have seen too much rubbish, you will soon lose interest on the rubbish. That's my current condition.

"Bless those who suffer, as they have found the kingdom of God." Jesus.

I don't want to miss out the experience of exchanging the highest blissful feeling between two humans. Do you think it is possible to do it without sex? I seek acceptance, respect, appreciation, admiration and finally love. Don't think we can just jump straight into love without all these. Inflactuation is widespread.
:idea: :idea: :idea:

re: the bold writingabove

follow the link below-it leads you to a page on 'The Freedom Forum'

http://bioresonant.com/tibetan5.html

..be sure to click on the 'tibetan 6' link.... and READ everything.
Aisin

that's a very good point brought forward, survivor! and
http://bioresonant.com/tibetan5.html

..be sure to click on the 'tibetan 6' link.... and READ everything.

gives the best response to the thread 'Abortion' http://www.goldenplanetforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=573
Lena

well, I know I was born bisexual. Even as a little girl, I was always physically attracted to other girls as much as boys, but it didn't occur to me until later that this was unusual. I had a pretty decent childhood. my parents loved me very much and I was never abused (except for the occasional fight with my sister, but all siblings have to go through that).

However, I was slow at developing language skills and didn't start talking until age 3. I read recently that certain hormonal imbalances in the fetus are linked to this sort of problem along with tomboy tendencies in girls, also something I had. I read from another source that females who are exposed to too much testosterone in the uterus often have ring fingers longer than their index fingers, and are usually homosexual. my index finger is very much shorter than my ring finger, while with my straight friends' hands its the opposit. so there you go. for some reason or another my mom's body created a mixure of hormones that have made me bi. It feels natural to me, even though I know it is not "correct". I know that my higher self allowed this "birth defect" to happen for a reason...

That said, most of the kids I hang out with are homosexual, but I think a lot of them are neurotics. their lives involve abuse, rape, drugs, loud noise, depression, and/or poor relationships with parents. it's like Yothu or Bomohawk said, I can't remember who, about the gays who are obsessed with sex because they want to be accepted or they have deeply rooted fear. my ex-girlfriend was like that. It's sad. most of my friends are probably straight by thier true nature but are too confused and ignorant (no offence) to face the mirror and really examine themselves and their motives. Alas, I cannot help them, for it is their choice.
survivor

Re: Hermaphrodites -- Male/Female

lomovsky wrote: and what do you guys think of homosexuality? I did a search and there's no posts on gays or lesbians yet over here.
](*,)

Well, interesting isn't it, no-one can give you a legitimate explanation, not even the most highly spiritually/intellectually advanced being could answer, maybe it's gods big secret and he's keeping it to himself.

Neurotics reside in both heterosexual and homosexual. Neurosis does not discriminate, same said with - hormone imbalance.
Vesko

Survivor, what exactly do you mean by saying there is no explanation? In the book it says that it's a type of neurosis, when it's not a matter of hormones. It's up to us to confirm or deny that. More explanation than that will do too much of our homework.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
survivor

Vesko, I’m not disputing what the ‘book’ states, however, it would then be safe to say, that a heterosexual who has neurosis and/or hormone imbalance =homosexual?

..Or reverse the order and a homosexual is treated and cured of neurosis and/or hormone imbalance is now, heterosexual?
an act against {free will} is an act against nature
Vesko

Neurosis is not of a single type. Obviously, what is meant in the book is a specific type, not the catch-all term. Same for hormone disbalances -- there are many different kinds of hormones. The book clearly means sexual hormones, not any hormone.
survivor

Vesko wrote: Neurosis is not of a single type.
I do not know what that means. As I am not familiar in the field of science, could you please elaborate on the different types of neurosis.
Vesko wrote:Same for hormone disbalances -- there are many different kinds of hormones. The book clearly means sexual hormones, not any hormone.
Yes, I agree 100% to the reference in TP, But that is also my question, "if a homosexual has a [hormone disbalance] and is then corrected, wouldn't the theory suggest that the homosexual; is now hetrosexual?
an act against {free will} is an act against nature