What is the best job for spiritual development?

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

bomohwkl

What is the best job for spiritual development?

Using your intellect has very little to do with the job. Einstein worked in a very boring office for quite some time. If you cannot find a job that stimulates your intellect - find one that
- doesn't conflict with your attitude so you don't need to compromise yourself
- gives you some time for thinking [Tom]

well.....i just wonder........
dloheb

I do too. I haven't found any careers that would interest me - I do not want to settle for something to just make end's meat. I feel restricted in a 40 hour a week scenerio, where the cumbersome work drains me of all energy and my leisure time simply becomes waiting for the next work day.

I have not found anything that I truly love that I can connect with an income. My passions are certain sports, taking in beautiful scenery, travelling, and learning about spiritual things. Hmm, not exactly money makers.

Now it is obvious to me the majority of people do not enjoy going to work... but that will be difficult for me to bear over a long time I think.. I realize the truth is I might just have to suck it up

It's probable I have to attack my lazyness and overcome it, but sometimes I feel so devoid of any energy all I want to do is lay there, even after 12 hours of sleep....

I agree with Tom, it's finding the solution that's a little trickier.

hypothetical scenerio to try and describe how I feel about this as a whole:

Let's say I have a corporate job and I make 100 000 a year (this is ofcourse a very generous amount) working only 40 hours a week year round, with two weeks allotted for vacation. 40% of my earnings will go to the government, leaving me with ~ 60000. With that I will still be able to easily afford a comfortable lifestyle and be able to save money... but save for what? To fulfill my passion of travelling for 2 weeks out of an entire year? And what do most people who come home every night from a headache of a day do with their paychecks? What is fun to them? Can they go outside and enjoy the beauty of the world where the trash lined paved streets act as a buffer for the descending plumes of 'smog'? Where the stars at night are washed out by the lights of a cramped city, and the hum of car engines and exhaust pipes brings one to a night of watching "America's Got Talent"... what the ***.

You will observe that a lot of people, especially at my age (21), spend their money on pointless nights of getting drunk and having indiscriminate sex. The money flows into night clubs, where the music is so loud you leave with ears that feel as though stuffed with cotton swabs and a brain which feels like it was dropped from the CN Tower. In there you will find people vying for attention and approval which is of no real benefit to them or anyone else, girls dancing just for fun and to gain attention, people who are judging and being judged on their clothes and money... it's just an exchange of empty thoughts and all sorts of vain things... the currency is social status, where no one really cares about anyone else, only themselves, and the feeling of greatness which comes from that is just imaginary. So in essense the money people spend goes to delusions of grandeur and importance and forgetting the dull week from before. Been there and done that - it is certainly no way to live.

I much rather be able to go abroad, or up North, and relax in the clear beauty of nature... something which is quite rare in a "real job" scenerio...